KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Thanks, I read your post and configured the BIOS as you told me, but somehow it didn't work either. So I searched and found the quoted posting.

It seems to me, that enabling the "memory remap feature" did it. Is this possible?

After all, Dune and Kaly, you did a really great job! Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Christmas Present you gave to the community!

Do you have a paypal account? I'd really like to spent you guys a beer, or wine, whatever you prefer ;-)

Cheers!

yes "memory remap feature" is recommanded too. I forgot this one.

it enabel the 64 bit for memory , so if you have more than 3 gb on your pc , it will be seen correctly by OsX.

it improve also the 64 bit compatibility of leo

thank you very much. i don't know why i put 775 - i think i was to excited :P

when you install kexts , you don't need with our release to use terminal , in Application there is an utility called Kext helper. Use this to install new kext . it is doing the job for you correctly.

Secundo if you want absolutly install under the terminal: the authorisation is 755 and not 775 ! so your lines sould look like this

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext

don't put a "/" after "kext"

Wow, good job good sirs! Hats off :P

My laptop is an Acer 5620 with Core 2 Duo, GMA X3100 graphics.

I had a storage partition on my laptop and installed it there with EFI mbr option. During boot up the spinning cog froze. I rebooted and tried cpus=1 but that got me to a blue screen. I booted into safe mode using -X and installed the Natit kext using Kext Helper b7 (if only because I'm tired at the end of the day). I rebooted but still couldn't get anywhere without the cpus=1 command. Having got in, and with the graphics now working perfectly, I repaired permissions and all is well except having to boot with cpus=1. Is there any way to use both cores? I think the TOH partition does. Not sure. How do I check?

thanks for your quick reply. Just that in the post I quote, the guy mentioned that after the modification the kext, he was able to boot the installation DVD and install from a PATA DVD attached to Jmicron to an IDE HDD attached to Jmicron as well. And he has the same Vendor ID and Product ID as mine. So I though it might be possible.

maybe it works with some dvd drive and not with some others. but if it didn't work for you don't try to modify the JmicronATa cos i already did it.

Snip Snip

how can i do that? width the "EFI MBR" only?

can you tell me the way how i must prepare my Harddisk before i do the reinstallation ? (like fist step second step aso.?)

Thank U Very much for helping me !

Well I ont care about anything on my drive. Once booted off the Kaly DVD, I selected the whole drive the click partition. I choose two partitions one 50gb and one 23gb.

I formated the 50gb as HFS+ the 23gb as fat32

When I selected to customize the install, I went do bootloader and deselected EFI... GUID. I then Selected EFI... MBR.

Packard Bell MX66-203 Notebook works now

CPU:Intel® Core™ Duo Prozessor T2250

Front Bus Speed 533 MHz

Cache 2048 kB

Clock Speed 1.73 GHzSpeicher

CD-RW / DVD-RWDVD±RW etc.

GrafikGrafikchip NVIDIA® GeForce® 7300 OK !

SoundChipsatz AD 1986A HD Audio SoundMAX Codec OK no MIC now

LAN ETHERNET (RJ45) 10/ 100 Mbit OK

Wifi Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

Netzwerkverbindung Typ 802.11a/b/g PCIe Mini Card dont work yet... maybe i will try to get it work and tell you

Can someone explain me what is the benefit of using vanilla kernel?I am running ToH RC2 on P35-DS4 with 8600GT and all SATA drives and want to move on kalyway 10.5.1tnx
Vanilla kernel is the original kernel from apple. The benefit :you don't work anymore with a patched kernel resulting in a improved stability for the system.You can apply official update from apple. after that ,you will need maybe to patch again your gfx and sound cards but anyway the system is still booting.well for summary : you are very near from a real Mac.
Here is what I have after the install.Dell Inspiron 9300 2ghz sse2 The install went smoothly. I formated whole disk for two partitions, one HSF+ and one fat32.Under Customize I selected:Vanilla KernelSSE2Nvidia for Laptop (I have geforce 6800 go)Bootloader is EFI for MBR The Boot Loader Works! I select Leopard and after about But I am in a reboot loopThe last lines read :BSD root: /dev/disk0s1, major 14, minor2syncing disks: Killing all processesThen it reboots. And same exact message when I try vanillaAny Ideas? Or is this just because of sse2?
hey man!!!!!! don't check vanilla kernel if you have a sse2 system. vanilla is only for SSE3 and should be used only with CORE cpu family !
Can any of the system updates be applied or is that only if I had the Vanilla Kexts?
If you have not vanilla kernel, you can apply updates but the not the related kernel ones

Is there any advantage to running the default kernel over the Vanilla kernel? Or vice versa?

Is there any way I can reinstall the audio drivers after completing install? Or confirm they got installed to begin with? I can not figure out why my audio is not being detected.

My Kalyway finished, I'm currently attempting to get it intstalled to the following specs, I will post results as soon as possible.Mobo: Gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4Processor: Intel Core2Quad Q6700 @ 2.66 GhzRAM: 4 GB OCZ GoldVideo nVidia GeForce 8800GTS 320 MBIDE DVD RW and IDE HDDHoping I can at least get it to boot so I can try and fix the kexts from there. Wish me luck!(Also I find it pathetic that I started the Kalyway torrent nearly a fulll day after iATKOS and it still finished first)

No luck, the system gets to the Boot Loader, if I leave it boot plain, it automatically reboots, with any combination of the following flags, it also reboots, suggestions?I've tried cpus=1 -v -s -xReboots/

Is there any advantage to running the default kernel over the Vanilla kernel? Or vice versa?

vanilla better than patched kernel, see UP for the reasons.

Is there any way I can reinstall the audio drivers after completing install? Or confirm they got installed to begin with? I can not figure out why my audio is not being detected.

well , because the dvd did not include all the drivers for all mobos. best way for making your audio working is to have a look on this page :

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859

ok check this out before with the vanilla kernel and the fix applied i couldn't get it in the bootloader after its done it will just restarts now with out the vanilla's kernel it boots in but i get a kernel panic any ideas that is happening i'm guessing the nvidiainject driver is causing this. i'm gonna try to not use any drivers to see what i get.

Thanks for the info on the vanilla kernel.

I reinstalled without the vanilla kernel. Everything seems to be going good. Booting much further. Then a panic -- I only see the request to restart the computer .

I boot with -v

It was easier for me to simply take a picture of the display.

2127665386_e8c32ab683_b.jpg

So I googled around a bit for "getting new uuid"

Found some items relating to permission problems. So I'm booting to dvd to repair permissions. Also found this thread..

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php...1476&page=7

But it relates to a ntfs format -- mine is fat32 with nothing there....

Any Ideas ?

Thanks to all!

EDIT ::

After repair permissions (there was nothing to repair on both volumes).

Now it is hung

localhost /usr/sbin/ospd[69] starting

i installed it for fun

but it looks ugly, they did not use default leopard gui

how to make it look normal ?

icons have a better look than the original ones. but i agree with you the orange background is not so cool. It was the only point where i was not agree with kaly when we did the distrib lol. Anyway it is very simple to change , on the finder menu click on view and Show View Options , and there you can change the color of the back ground and make it default for all your windows.

Having trouble with this. Install works fine.

On reboot after selecting the disk to boot from (using f12) I get a b0 error.

my machine is a

Gigabyte GA-965GM-S2 with a e6300 C2D

2 gig Gskill 6400 ram

7600gt nvidia

500gig sata

+ a 250 gig with winxp on it.

I'm a little fuzzy on what guid is, I partition the drive with the apple HFS journled, and select vanilla kernal and acpi fix. along with the nvidia desktop kext and leave the efi at guid.

any help much appriciated.

well , because the dvd did not include all the drivers for all mobos. best way for making your audio working is to have a look on this page :

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859

Thanks for that.

The DVD did have the drivers for my sound card though, it had the "AD1988" driver. I thought I selected it, but I may have made a mistake. Is there anyway to reinstall that driver from the dvd?

Having trouble with this. Install works fine.

On reboot after selecting the disk to boot from (using f12) I get a b0 error.

my machine is a

Gigabyte GA-965GM-S2 with a e6300 C2D

2 gig Gskill 6400 ram

7600gt nvidia

500gig sata

+ a 250 gig with winxp on it.

I'm a little fuzzy on what guid is, I partition the drive with the apple HFS journled, and select vanilla kernal and acpi fix. along with the nvidia desktop kext and leave the efi at guid.

any help much appriciated.

when you formatted with diskutil have you clicked on the "Option" button and choose EFI as table partition ?? it seems you have installed EFI_guid on a Mbr partitionned disk.....

Thanks for that.

The DVD did have the drivers for my sound card though, it had the "AD1988" driver. I thought I selected it, but I may have made a mistake. Is there anyway to reinstall that driver from the dvd?

No, I think you did good. The azalia kext we integrated is for 1988a, our is for 1988b. so i think the id is not the same. but not sure.

Yes, you can reinstall the sound driver: insert your dvd , look into the folders System / Installation /Packages and there you will find a package called Azalia_ADI1988b. Double click on it , it will install the driver. reboot. if after that sound does not work , this driver defenitively does not work for the ADI1988a. Choose the AZALIA_out package instead of.

i just want to say i got it working my hardware, sound, and lan works great but my video is the only problem right now i'm gonna try nanits drivers. my hardware is in my sig the current one. for the people who is having problems of the bootloader finish counting down it restarts. my installation was just don't select the Vanilla kernel. also if have the same card as i do the 7600gs with 512mb of ram don't select NVinject it will give you a kernel panic. oh my cpu is a 541