Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.2 thread

Dr. Hurt

508 posts in this topic

sama7896: Maybe try to add your raid controller's ID to AppleVIAATA.kext, down at 'VIA SATA Controller' in the IOPCIPrimaryMatch field. This method also worked for the SiliconImage 3114 raid controller.

Thank you for your sugestion.

But how do i edit the kext in the instalation dvd? I can't start the setup , so can't edit the installed kext.

sama7896: That's REALLY a problem :)

Rakete: If you have another harddisk (or another Mac partition on the same HD) install the new DVD on this drive. During the installation you'll be asked if you want to transfer information from another Mac. Select 'Transfer from another partition of this Mac'. So you can take over all settings, data and applications. Tip: if you format a new harddrive or one which had another OS or something on it, take the time and format with 'overwrite with zeros' from the Safety Options. So you can be sure that every track of the partition was used by HFS+ once. It takes about 2 hrs on a 260GB partition.

Thanks for this release. I have found a few combinations for my machine, but each has a flaw.

I have an Inspiron 5160.

3.2 Ghz P4 SSE3

1.25 GB Ram

GoForce Fx 5200

I installed the Intel with SSE3 kernel. The video is where I run into problems:

-If I install the Titan drivers, I get the nice graphical user account setup with high resolutions. But the whole system runs slow (cursor, loading time, etc.) and lowering the resolution does not help.

-If I install it without any video drivers, I get the basic graphics. But the windows have some graphical errors.

-If I install with the mobile drivers, I get the basic graphics. But no graphical errors.

-I tried the Natit and would not even load to the user account screen (just flashing red, green, blue screens)

-I installed without any initial video drivers and then manually installed NVidiaEFI.kext, but same result as directly above.

-I installed Titan with kernal universal #2, but this gave me the RGB screen.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I love the better graphical interface and higher resolution, but it runs slow.

EDIT: FYI. For anyone having problems with sound being choppy and has an Intel (my audio card is a sigmatel 975). Disable Hyperthreading in the bios, sound runs perfect now :)

AMD 4200+

MSI K8T Neo2-F v2.0

Nvidia 6600 256mb AGP

Everything is working fine except my ethernet which is Realtek 8110s, Nvidia is recognized as PCI with QE enabled using titan.

I fixed the ethernet problem getting help from this topic http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...39&hl=8110s. (i forgot to tell that my hackintosh runs perfect with tubegirl release 10.4.8), and also that when i press "About this mac" system starts over. I dont mind so much about the graphic card it runs good and like this:).

Thanks for this release. I have found a few combinations for my machine, but each has a flaw.

I have an Inspiron 5160.

3.2 Ghz P4 SSE3

1.25 GB Ram

GoForce Fx 5200

I installed the Intel with SSE3 kernel. The video is where I run into problems:

-If I install the Titan drivers, I get the nice graphical user account setup with high resolutions. But the whole system runs slow (cursor, loading time, etc.) and lowering the resolution does not help.

-If I install it without any video drivers, I get the basic graphics. But the windows have some graphical errors.

-If I install with the mobile drivers, I get the basic graphics. But no graphical errors.

-I tried the Natit and would not even load to the user account screen (just flashing red, green, blue screens)

-I installed without any initial video drivers and then manually installed NVidiaEFI.kext, but same result as directly above.

-I installed Titan with kernal universal #2, but this gave me the RGB screen.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I love the better graphical interface and higher resolution, but it runs slow.

EDIT: FYI. For anyone having problems with sound being choppy and has an Intel (my audio card is a sigmatel 975). Disable Hyperthreading in the bios, sound runs perfect now ;)

Great news. I fixed my problem. Not only does disabling Hyperthreading fix the audio issue, but the slow graphics issue as well. This may be on the forums somewhere, but I only saw the audio.

I am having trouble with my wireless card: Dell 1350 minipci. I have tried these methods:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=23684&st=0

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=26251

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;hl=dell+1350

When I copy the IO80211Family.kext and repair permissions. I reboot and get the Airport symbol at the top but says "Airport: Is not configured" and is grayed out. When I go to network settings all I can see is ethernet and firewire options. No airport.

Any help please?

Thanks again!

Dear Uphuck,

I have a small problem with my Sapphire Ati Radeon 9600 Pro Atlantis (PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4150&SUBSYS_0200174B&REV_00\4&1AD7642&0&0058)

The card works under your v1.2 release better than ever. No artefakts and no mouse smoothing and lags. But it seems i have lost CI/QE cause Toast don't want to start. Under JaS 10.4.8 PPF1 & PPF2 there where no problems with Toast, but artefakts and no mouse smoothing and lags. Or is my toasty-problem triggered by another occasion?

Any Idea for a solution?

TY,

Rakete

Hi,

I mostly succeeded in installing this on my eMachines W3506. Specs are: Intel® Celeron® D Processor 352

(3.20GHz, 533MHz FSB, 512KB L2 cache) Cedar Mill. Graphics card: Visiontek Xtasy Radeon 1300 PCIE.

Major problem: No USB support. I have to disable USB entirely through BIOS to install and use OSX86. I tried only disabled legacy and only disabling 2.0, neither worked.

Annoying problem: Graphics card stuck at 1024 x 768 resolution. Recognized as 256 MB when it should be 512 MB. Artifacts after mouse click.

Can live with problem: Ethernet not recognized. Should be recognized from what I have read. It's a Realtek RTL8139.

I was able to get OSX to see my NetGear WPN311 as an Airport using this helpful advice..

Got the onboard Realtek sound working by installing the Avalia driver.

Got my PS/2 keyboard to function by using this advice.

I am using the Universal 2 kernel with the remove cpupowermanagement kext selected.

If anyone can help me out with the USB problem, the graphics card problem, and/or the ethernet problem that will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Great news. I fixed my problem. Not only does disabling Hyperthreading fix the audio issue, but the slow graphics issue as well. This may be on the forums somewhere, but I only saw the audio.

I am having trouble with my wireless card: Dell 1350 minipci. I have tried these methods:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=23684&st=0

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=26251

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;hl=dell+1350

When I copy the IO80211Family.kext and repair permissions. I reboot and get the Airport symbol at the top but says "Airport: Is not configured" and is grayed out. When I go to network settings all I can see is ethernet and firewire options. No airport.

Any help please?

Thanks again!

After reinstalling 10.4.9, I reinstalled the kext found here and changed "en0" to "en1" along with changing IOInterfaceUnit to "1" the airport shows my wireless. The airport says it connects but unable to automatically obtain an IP address. When I manually enter one, the internet does not work, but I can log onto the router. And using WEP does not connect at all.

Any help please?

I didn't read the whole thread so I'm sorry if this was already stated...

But wouldn't it be a good idea to remove all the NV* kexts unless people specifically decide to install natit/titan?

I have a fully working system now BUT until I got smart and removed all the NV kexts, I couldn't even browse a webpage the tearing was so bad. This is with an 8800GTS, btw.

Anyway, the only thing not working right now is my Bad Axe 2 sound. But that was expected so I'll find the fix on the forum.

Also, I can honestly say I've NEVER seen an install go so fast. Once I got my drive partitioned and everything, it took about 5 minutes. No joke. Props for that one!

Now I need to see if Samsung has a driver for my laser printer for OS X. And fix my sound. Then I'll be golden.

Hey uphuck, thanks for your work and for encouraging others to help people like me!

I have tried installing uphuck 10.4.9 v1.2 about 5 times now. I didn't get anything on my screen until i used the MBR option when installing. The first time I installed using that I installed without IOATA, with the universal Kernal, removed CPUPowerManagement, and the only driver i used was Azailia audio. After installing I got these errors, IOPCIFamily(2.2) and IOATAFamily.

I tried again using MBR with these options, IOATA, universal Kernal, Azalia drivers, and Remove CPUPowerManagement. I read SDRacer48's posts ( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=50162&st=0 )

"Hit F8 after bios sequence is completed. Now you should see darwin boot loader command prompt. just type: -s -v followed by the enter key. If you have done so far, you should be able to call a command: type "/sbin/mount -uw /" (without the quotes) and the root partition will be remounted as read/write. Go ahead and change directory: "cd /System/Library/Extensions/" press "enter". Go and do a "rm -R NVDA* ATI* GeForce*". Reboot and you should be prompted to enter registration information."

after doing that it finally let me boot into osx using -s -x which brought me to a safe mode (at this point I'm pretty sure I hade one of my cores disabled in bios). I did not have any ethernet drivers and the sound did not work, and iMovie was nowhere to be found (the main reason I want osx).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

also after turning my second core back on in bios it would no longer let me boot into osx. (kernel panic)

My hardware is 680i EVGA mobo, Intel core 2 duo. 8800gts 640mb video, pata IDE HD. Azailia onboard audio

As far as I am aware none of the NVidia chipsets for Intel chips work, you need an Intel based motherboard.

Somone correct me if I am wrong.

After reinstalling 10.4.9, I reinstalled the kext found here and changed "en0" to "en1" along with changing IOInterfaceUnit to "1" the airport shows my wireless. The airport says it connects but unable to automatically obtain an IP address. When I manually enter one, the internet does not work, but I can log onto the router. And using WEP does not connect at all.

Any help please?

There are 2 different modes for WEP, Open System and shared key, Macs only use open system so in some routers you have to set this in the Wireless settings. I had mine set at Auto, didn't work....changed to Open System everything works like a charm now. Your internet probably doesn't work becauise there is no gateway address specified, once you can log on using WEP maybe the DHCP issue will disappear too.

I didn't read the whole thread so I'm sorry if this was already stated...

But wouldn't it be a good idea to remove all the NV* kexts unless people specifically decide to install natit/titan?

I have a fully working system now BUT until I got smart and removed all the NV kexts, I couldn't even browse a webpage the tearing was so bad. This is with an 8800GTS, btw.

Anyway, the only thing not working right now is my Bad Axe 2 sound. But that was expected so I'll find the fix on the forum.

Also, I can honestly say I've NEVER seen an install go so fast. Once I got my drive partitioned and everything, it took about 5 minutes. No joke. Props for that one!

Now I need to see if Samsung has a driver for my laser printer for OS X. And fix my sound. Then I'll be golden.

Wait a min..does this mean that you've got qe/ci with an 8800GTS? :)

hi, it's been a long time since I last posted here. I'm doing my first installation (and dual boot) of OSX86 on my Pavilion laptop.

I've followed the tutorial on how to dual boot XP and OSX and I get stucked on the first blue screen. The laptop does not diplay any hard disk activity and there's no mouse pointer or spinning wheel on the screen. Only blue screen. The screen lasted for about 30mins until I decided to restart my laptop.

I reinstalled windows XP and am trying to install the OSX again. As of now, it's already been 5 mins since the blue screen appeared. Is this normal? Should I wait again for 30 mins or more? The tutorials mentioned something about a spinning pointer, my laptop doesn't show any.

Please help.

Wow. This disc is neat.

Its installing on my OSX86 box.

And man, did it fly booting and getting into the install, with no slight hangs or anything.

I'm hoping it will work, and everything goes right, as it wouldnt work at all right with JaS 10.4.8 disc.

It doesnt work under VMware though.

Hangs at this : localhost /system/library/frameworks/applicationservices.framework/frameworks/ats.framework/support/atsserver : (-1) Cannot use ATS Presistent Store - switching to old FODB cache code

I've tried it with both the Intel SSE2 option and the Universal Kernal 2 option. Both with the CPUPowerManagement removal option checked.

Driver packages are the USB and Natit. Natit sees my GeForce 3 Ti200.

Before the first message though, it says this :

NVDA::start(display) <1>

NVDA::start(display) <1> failed

Help. o_O

your problem is probably the 915gm external vga port issue, search on insanely and google for it.

I think your card is agp, try titan+ a suitable version of agpgart.

I tried reinstalling with Titan, and Universal Kernal, and it stopped saying the screen failed, but it still gives me that damn ATS Server error.

Tried Safe mode too, nothin.

your problem is probably the 915gm external vga port issue, search on insanely and google for it.

I think your card is agp, try titan+ a suitable version of agpgart.

UpHuck.. your DVD 1.2 install CD is great! Even without a proper video driver booting from the DVD is fast to boot and installl and the OS itself runs fast, But I still have an issue with the ATI 1600 AGP card. I have tried the the ATIAGP and the ATI 1X00 installers off the CD as well as the NAtit Uni installer but I can't get past Starting Mac OS. This includes booting in Single User mode. And Booting in Verbose mode it loads everything fine, and then switches to the graphical mode and just hangs..

I seen on your site you are working on incorporating a new ATI 1X00 driver? one that uses the new 8.9.1 and 10.4.9 kernel and updates?

whats the ROUGH timeframe for 1.3?

I cant really help test until that release is available due to me needing some included components. By all accounts your dvds are VERY good and I want to play :P

Hi everybody. My system specs are in the signature.

I wanted to give uphuck 10.4.9 distro a try, so I replaced the HD with JAS 10.4.8 with a brand new one - and this was a great idea - since no matter which kernel I choose, the system installs fine but then reboots again and again after bios check, and I can't even get F8 to work to set the -v or -x flags.

I checked MD5, burned the image again, disabled all I could disable in BIOS, followed all the advices in this thread but nope, no way out.

:P

hi, it's been a long time since I last posted here. I'm doing my first installation (and dual boot) of OSX86 on my Pavilion laptop.

I've followed the tutorial on how to dual boot XP and OSX and I get stucked on the first blue screen. The laptop does not diplay any hard disk activity and there's no mouse pointer or spinning wheel on the screen. Only blue screen. The screen lasted for about 30mins until I decided to restart my laptop.

I reinstalled windows XP and am trying to install the OSX again. As of now, it's already been 5 mins since the blue screen appeared. Is this normal? Should I wait again for 30 mins or more? The tutorials mentioned something about a spinning pointer, my laptop doesn't show any.

Please help.

Hit F8 before the system boots to get to the darwin prompt.

Then boot with -f -v

Watch the messages as they go by. If you get the login window message just before the screen goes blue, then try the paperclip trick on your machine (Im assuming you are on a laptop). Or try connecting an external monitor instead. Either should get you past the blue screen.

As far as I am aware none of the NVidia chipsets for Intel chips work, you need an Intel based motherboard.

Somone correct me if I am wrong.

There are 2 different modes for WEP, Open System and shared key, Macs only use open system so in some routers you have to set this in the Wireless settings. I had mine set at Auto, didn't work....changed to Open System everything works like a charm now. Your internet probably doesn't work becauise there is no gateway address specified, once you can log on using WEP maybe the DHCP issue will disappear too.

Thanks for the reply. My authentication was set to Auto. But my only other option is SharedKey. I looked in other areas, but I couldn't find an Open System option. What router do you have?

Thanks for the reply. My authentication was set to Auto. But my only other option is SharedKey. I looked in other areas, but I couldn't find an Open System option. What router do you have?

You have got to be kidding me...... :censored2:

I went through the trouble of reinstalling 10.4.9 multiple times and even 10.4.8. After hearing what was said, I thought it could be the router. So I updated the firmware from v1.01.0 to 1.02.0 and it works just fine..... :thumbsup_anim: The changelog didn't even mention any changes for wireless.

Thanks uphuck. Love 1.2, can't wait for 1.3.

Will you please include the Broadcom (Brcm4311) wireless patch in the new version?

It can be found at these two places:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=13430

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=44114&st=0

The only thing the first one doesn't change is editing NetworkInterfaces.plist to say "en1" & "1".

And please add the Broadcom (BCM440X) ethernet patch:

The kext can be found here for this card and many others:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry229681

Thanks again!