Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.2 thread

Dr. Hurt

508 posts in this topic

how do i burn the uphuck's dvd with this cdr extension ?

For the love of God, can you people stop posting torrents in the stupid demonoid site?

Since I entered this forum last January, I've been asking an invite to Demonoid and never got one. It's very hard to get anything related to OSX any other way.

.cdr and .iso are the same so simply change the extension .cdr --> .iso + burn with your usual burner :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks

So I have a AMD Opteron 165, DFI lanparty UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert mobo, evga 7950GT, Seagate 80GB IDE, WD Raptor 74gb sata, WD 200gb sata .. something really happened to me. .after I burned the uphuck's dvd latest version yesterday.. I didnt know what exactly to select to install.. but whatever I tried using a IDE drive first, after installed reboot PC would just stay in First Boot Screen (With my specs) and wouldnt go into BIOS or nothing, it would proceed normally if I disconnected the IDE drive, so I tried with a Sata drive Raptor and samething what the hell =\

So now the 80gb ide and the 74gb raptor dont do nothing

I know they were both working because I was running Win2003 Enterprise on the 80gb, and I was running Win2003 Datacenter on the 74gb Raptor

I would like to ask for some help maybe I'm not choosing the right choices but here's the list if anyone knows and can tell me for sure I appreciate it thanks

Something isnt working for me ,

p5b-deluxe

e6300@3.45ghz

installing onto:

300gb IDE which recognizes fine.

gforce 8800gtx

using external dvdrw to install..

i get the screen telling me to reboot.

i chose the intel sse3 / univ kernel (both) in 2 diff installlations

---------------

should i wait for 1.3?

Yes I did delete the Power Management kernel extension with the script (you just select it to in the install).

I'm not sure if the cpu is SSE2, isn't it supposed all pentium 4s to be? I did some research and it seems to but I coudl be wrong.

AppleACPIPlatform is listed under 10.4.9 for AMD so I didn't think about selecting it, but I'll try.

I've looked a lot about some thread discussing these matters. There's not one here. If I get away with it and make this laptop usable with OS X I'll definitively write a guide about it. It's needed.

Some of the earlier P4s were SSE2 but the Prescott and later models are SSE3 :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for the great release guys! Well, at least I think it's a great release. First off, let me write down my specs:

Pentium 4 2.4Ghz HT (SSE2 Only)

ASUS P4V800D-X Motherboard

1GB of RAM

GeForce 7300 GS 256Mb

The problem that I'm having is that the screen goes black after a while, as it shows me the Grey screen with the apple logo, it spins and it goes black (while I can see the CPU activity light on and off a lot like if it was still working). When I boot with -v, I see nothing that looks to be malfunctioning. I installed it with one of the Universal Kernels (Although using the Intel SSE2 Kernel yielded the same results), the Netit video driver, USB driver, and the ICH7 or something one, NIC card and that's about it I believe. I tried installing with all the SSE2 Kernels, no one booted correctly.

Regardless of this, I booted up from the DVD by pressing F8 and typing rd=disk1s1 -v (it's on a secondary HDD), it goes on to boot and then I land on a OS X screen saying that it needs me to press a key on my keyboard to detect the layout. Problem is, it doesn't detect my generic Genius USB Keyboard. I'm using both USB Keyboard and Mouse (Genius & Microsoft, respectively). To be fair, it didn't detect my keyboard during the installation either. However, I do have a G3 Keyboard (from an old G3 Mac), I plugged that in and it works great during install. Problem is, if I have that plugged in during that boot up, it asks me to plug in a Keyboard at all! It doesn't recognize an official (old but official) keyboard? That's really weird.

Basically I'm at a loss here, how do I proceed? Can anyone shed light on my situation? I might add that the G3 keyboard (and my Genius keyboard) both work perfectly when I plug them to my iBook G4, so OSX does recognize them. Is my other hardware incompatible somehow? Thanks to anyone who can help out and I'm sorry about the long post, I just wanted to be detailed.

I hate to clog up this thread with this, but I've been waiting forever to get on Demonoid... if anyone is handing out invites, could someone PM me one too? I'd love to install OS X myself and help out the community as best as I can, but it's difficult to get the torrent right this second without Demonoid.

an emule search of uphuck allowed me to dl the torrent for v1.2

i have installed upchuck v1.2 on my hp pavilion zv530us laptop.

specs:

amd64 3200+

nvidia geforce4 440 go 64mb

broadcom wireless

TI multimedia card reader

soundmax sound

512 mb ram

what i did during install (after quite a bit of trial and error)

first only booting this os on laptop and nothing else

-when i created partition using disk utility i selected the 3rd option in "options" (mbr one)

-installed using amd, universal 2 kernel, and nvidia mobil support that's it

installed fine and booted fine

current issues that i would like to fix:

video - only get 1024x786 res with no other options and system "reloads" when i select about this mac. have read tons of topics on this card with no real explanation on how to get it to work decently (here and macvidia forum). so if anyone can point me in the right direction with this one, i would appreciate it.

also, ical wont run and dvds wont play (i assume it has something to with video)

i will continue searching and researching, but a direction is most helpful

tia

nurvus

sorry that is a zv5430

...Regardless of this, I booted up from the DVD by pressing F8 and typing rd=disk1s1 -v (it's on a secondary HDD), it goes on to boot .....

Thank you so much. Now I know how to solve my verbose mode problem :thumbsup_anim:

Now here is my problem. I installed Kernal Universal 1 and when booting it panics (nvidia graphic kexts are removed). This picture was taken in verbose more:

panic_uni1.gif

I don't know what all this means. Can I do something about it? What's the issue here?

P.S. Same happens with Kernal Universal 2

P.P.S. I tried to boot with "-v cpus=1 " as well but the result is the same like you see on my screenshot

JSR: Your Board MUST work. Me and a friend have exactly the same board and we tested the AMD SSE3 and the universal kernel, they're working. But we're using a single HD for OS X and don't have a dual X2 cpu. Try to boot with -v cpus=1 and/or set the CPU Multiplier in BIOS to 11.5 or so, that should eliminate dual-core problems. Also take a look into my nForce 4 driver package. Wish you luck.

still I don't find a way to load the OSX  :thumbsup_anim:

an emule search of uphuck allowed me to dl the torrent for v1.2

i have installed upchuck v1.2 on my hp pavilion zv530us laptop.

specs:

amd64 3200+

nvidia geforce4 440 go 64mb

broadcom wireless

TI multimedia card reader

soundmax sound

512 mb ram

what i did during install (after quite a bit of trial and error)

first only booting this os on laptop and nothing else

-when i created partition using disk utility i selected the 3rd option in "options" (mbr one)

-installed using amd, universal 2 kernel, and nvidia mobil support that's it

installed fine and booted fine

current issues that i would like to fix:

video - only get 1024x786 res with no other options and system "reloads" when i select about this mac. have read tons of topics on this card with no real explanation on how to get it to work decently (here and macvidia forum). so if anyone can point me in the right direction with this one, i would appreciate it.

also, ical wont run and dvds wont play (i assume it has something to with video)

i will continue searching and researching, but a direction is most helpful

tia

nurvus

sorry that is a zv5430

iCal version from Tubegirl doesn't work and try to find file iCal1049AMDPatch.dmg. You can download this file from iCal1049Patch

Problem with DVD is in your video. Yuo must activate Qe/Ci on your card.