Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.2 thread

Dr. Hurt

508 posts in this topic

My Hardware: Intel Pentium D 940 3.2Ghz, Intel D945GCCR mobo, nVidia GeForce 7300GS

I installed two times and both resulted with the same issue:

After installing using v1.2 of uphuck DVD, both "Personal File Sharing" and "Windows File Sharing" would not enable. So, I simply reinstalled the unmodified update from apple, force quit the installer, and replaced the kernel and needed kext's...and did all the steps, etc. After I did this I would have the use of Personal Files Sharing and Windows File Sharing.

Now here is the kicker....I have an AppleTV. With this install, I can only initially "find" the AppleTV on the network to set up syncing. After this, I quit iTunes, and iTunes will never find the appletv again. I even did a full reinstall thinking it just got tweaked somehow, but no....I tried everything. I reupdated using 10.4.9 combo, I reinstalled iTunes using iTunes installer from apple. Permissions repaired thousands of times...:).....No luck.

Strangest thing is, that if I install using JaS 10.4.8 DVD (v1 patched...not the second release that came with more stuff), then I update using the apple combo 10.4.9 updater (like netkas' site....the same method used above to get personal file sharing enabled with Uphuck v1.2 DVD) ......I DON'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM THEN......I just don't get it. I am not complaining, just bummed, I was very happy with your release untill I found this glitch...don't know what it might be but I thought would provide the my experience...possibly a bug????....Anyway, great release, thanks for putting in the time uphuck....too bad I can't use it :D...so bummed :)

yesterday i reinstaled 10.4.9 cause i got "still waiting for root device" after instalation. I unpluged all discs on IHC8R, only CD was pluged. I instaled OS and tried to plug another HD's. But "still waiting..." back again. So i enabled AHCI mode in bios for IHC8R and try again. OS started with one HD pluged into IHC8R, but when I pluged onther one i got "Still...". I didn't say so OS HD was pluged to Jmicron. So I changed this i pluged into IHC8R, with other HD's. There were OSX 10.4.8 on first HD, OSX 10.4.9 on second, Wix XP on third, and swap-data on fourth. In this case i had a solution. OSX 10.4.8 started and still going on. OSX 10.4.9 don't report an error. If I change AHCI to disabled in bios i can run WinXp.

Today: i want to try application which i used on 10.4.8.

Thanks goes to : uphuck, Doug the Impaler (I used IHC8R patch),Erhnam

Mobo:Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4 Intel

PS. Ati Radeon X1600 Pro problem after instalation 10.4.9.

I didn't read all instruction before instalation so I get an error after instaltion with AtiX1000.kext so in this "read me" was "don't panic" after reboot all works grate. You don't have install other driver - this works with CI/QE.

^_^

I had much better luck installing this time. Booting from an IDE DVD RW and installing to a SATA drive worked flawlessly, the only things not working correctly were AC'97, iCal and login window - all of which were quickly fixed.

However, even though I have Quartz Extreme and Core Image support, the most noticeable thing is performance; JaS' 10.4.8 is much faster on my system, where as this version is less responsive, specifically window resizing is slow and jerky. I'm wondering if its the Kernel I chose which was the Universal 2, maybe I should reinstall with the stable SSE2 kernel - will that be of help?

Thanks in advance.

Could theoretically work, create from the installed partition a .dmg image with Disk Utility and write it back to the other drive. The you have to boot from the install dvd, start the terminal and enter

bless --mount /Volumes/<bootvolume>/ --setBoot

Important: it's case sensitive! After this you can reboot and the drive should be used as new boot drive. Problem: Disk Utility can't write images back because this function is defective since 10.4.8 :)

P.S.: Plz put your system specs down in your signature.

Hmm, only thing is that the SATA drive is not found in disk utility and in fact not found even when booted in OSX86 with IDE.

Best I did was clone over to SATA but hangs on gray screen.

This was suggested but I cant sort my device ID out lol..

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;hl=via+vt8251

This is the VIA SATA chipset that wont boot for me.

VIA chipset.

VIA VT8237A SATA RAID Controller

Chip: VIA Technologies Inc

Detail

Chip Vender

VIA Technologies Inc

Device

VIA VT8237A SATA RAID Controller

OEM Vender

Elitegroup Computer Sys

PnpID

VEN_1106&DEV_0591&SUBSYS_18961019&REV_80

Vender

VIA Technologies, Inc.

OEM Device from Elitegroup Computer Sys

Could theoretically work, create from the installed partition a .dmg image with Disk Utility and write it back to the other drive. The you have to boot from the install dvd, start the terminal and enter

bless --mount /Volumes/<bootvolume>/ --setBoot

Important: it's case sensitive! After this you can reboot and the drive should be used as new boot drive. Problem: Disk Utility can't write images back because this function is defective since 10.4.8 :tomato:

P.S.: Plz put your system specs down in your signature.

12string: you can use AppleVIAATA.kext of my nForce 4 driver package (in the signature) to get SATA drives. Installation instructions are included.

JSR: Depends on the language you need. If you need Goa'uld or Klingon you may have problems. You can select language packages during the installation, or after it insert the DVD and start the 'Optional Installs' package, there should be the language packs too.

g®€醡πGs ƒ®øM †h€ Ω†∑R SÏ∂€ !

Well... language is not a problem after all...

but I started the installation using Italian (that's like Klingon, but it's less used than it :blink:  ) but the OS is still in English. I tried the "Optional Installs" also, but It told me Italian Package is 0 Mb  :tomato:

yeah, uphuck played a bit with the language packages... :tomato: If you have another installation dvd, try from there. Have you checked the language options in System Preferences, 'International' ? Is your language maybe alraedy listed there?!

My Report: Still no keyboard/touchpad devices detected on my mx6214 with uphuck 1.2 latest DVD install!

When will the agony end? Plus is there any 0SX-based driver for my particular Synaptics touchpad? But what I'm really

worried about is my laptop's internal keyboard.

By the way would anyone on this thread know why my PS/2 devices on my laptop won't be detected by OSx86 in the first place? Because

I don't get any lines on the boot screen saying that my ps2 controller was initialized or whatnot.

:)

Tom A.

Ok, I read thru this thread and the only thing I find similar to the problem I am having is post #5 where he gets a kernel panic when booting the disc :( I cant even get to the install phase.

error message is

kld_file_getaddr() failed for module com.apple.kpi.libkern

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator.

panic(cpu 1 caller 0x001A3129): Unresolved kernel trap (CPU 1, Type 14=page fault, registers:

(then there are a whole lot of address)

I tried searching here too and couldnt find anything..

I am trying to install on this laptop

Toshiba Satellite R25-S3513 Tablet PC

Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 100 GB HDD

I had much better luck installing this time. Booting from an IDE DVD RW and installing to a SATA drive worked flawlessly, the only things not working correctly were AC'97, iCal and login window - all of which were quickly fixed.

Could you explain how you fixed the AC97 problem? I tried dropping several older versions of the AC97Audio kext into the Extensions folder and none of them would load, no matter how many times I repaired the permissions with Disk Utility or Chmod and Chown statements from Terminal.

I keep getting this message every time I reboot, how can I fix it?

"The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/AppleVIAATA.kext“ was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update."

I have a P5B Deluxe and I have installed the Mitsco patch.

Also, how can I get my top USB ports on my TT Armor to work? They were working with a JaS 10.4.8 Intel Only Disc.

mawscovver & bozotheclown: download my nForce 4 driver package (in the signature), there's also an instruction file in it. AppleVIAATA.kext supports VIA/nForce and SiliconImage SiI 3114 SATA, IOATAFamily.kext has an additional nForce ATA/SATA driver included.

bozotheclown: try if you can disable 'USB Legacy support' in BIOS. This solves PS/2 problems on some boards.

GreetinX from the Other Side!

P.S.: Plz put your system specs in the signature.

Halo, i have got a Dell Inspiron 9400, which got a core duo processor, but after installation, no link, stuck with a black screen

Which Kernal i should choose during the installation?

Angus

the computer even didn't try to boot from the kernal