Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.2 thread

Dr. Hurt

508 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what this means?

Hangs at this : localhost /system/library/frameworks/applicationservices.framework/frameworks/ats.framework/support/atsserver : (-1) Cannot use ATS Presistent Store - switching to old FODB cache code

It hangs here, no matter what installer options I click.

Uphuck Can you give us any estimated date when v1.3 will be out? I think it is going to fix alot of the issues we are having so we are all very eager. And I don't think we can thank you enough for all your hard work.

And not to mention the performance of the uphuck install is really great. I have tried to do an upgrade from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 with various methods and none of them even come close to the performance of uphucks install. I just with I can get my ATI 1600 AGP to work. Ggggrrrrrr

Is it just me or the uphuck V.1.2 is really, really, really, slow?

I've been trying to get it for, at least, one week.

I get 1kb rate or less... and it seems i'll be waiting a whole month before I get the DVD.

Probably v1.3 will be released before I get this version.

The new ETA for uphuck's DVD is 160 days!

eheheh... really slow. Or, like they say in my country, a good speed to go and fetch Death.. It'll never arrive :)

ok, on my acer travelmate c110, 900mhz, 756 ram, - the dvd reads and loads fine, everything is peachy (tried universal and universal 2) until I reboot and then it hangs on the grey screen.

also the trackpad and keyboard don't work.

any ideas?

I have installed OS X 10.4.9 in vmware, and if i eject the DVD image out of Daemon Tools, and turn power on there is just black screen and white _ symbol and it hangs (still it accepts the F8 press and shows the option to boot from Ehternet.) As I see, my HDD is not detected... Why?

And if i don't eject the DVD image, then after timeout of DVD boot option, comes the error msg /com.apple.boot.ptlist NOT FOUND

Could anyone help me?

After looking into my no USB problem a little more I noticed this error on boot (when USB is enabled through BIOS):

USBF:  39.504  AppleUSBOHCI [0x29fa800]::UIMInitialize unable to get device memory

Anybody know what is going on? Specs are: Intel® Celeron® D Processor 352

(3.20GHz, 533MHz FSB, 512KB L2 cache) Cedar Mill. Graphics card: Visiontek Xtasy Radeon 1300 PCIE.

Thanks for your help!

Eric

I finally installed uphuck's v1.2! Tried the VGA paperclip trick for the LCD to work (tnx zackmario!)then followed the Broadcom's simple wireless tutorial for the wifi.

The only thing that doesn't work is the built-in Realtek 8139 lan card. Tried to follow the tutorial for Realtek 8139 (link here)... nothing. Then tried to install this. Still nothing. Help, anyone? ;)

i705075_Picture2.png

Hi everybody.

Yesterday i took a uphuck's dvd and reinstall my 10.4.8 to 10.4.9.

But.....

When I reboot after instalation get a information "Still waiting a root device".

So what..

I get into the bios and cut off discs with ntfs partitions and restarted. I get into the login window and system goes until i reboot again.

Hmm i thought.

I used -s option (single mode) and get a command "logout"

Then system started, and only with this command i can boot the system.

My system:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4 Intel P965

Processor: Core 2 Duo 6300

Graphics: Gigabyte X1600 Pro 256MB

Memory: Geil 1GB@667MHz

HardDrives: Segate 160MB SATA (on purple Gigabyte :blink:) - there is OSX10.4.9

Segate 320MB SATA (on purple Gigabyte ;)) - there is OSX10.4.8 (10.4.6 updated to 10.4.8 - all works, only microfone doesn't

Seagate 160 SATA - Windows XP (on yellow)

Seagate 250 ATA with ATA-SATA converter

DiscBurner: LG something like ....42LS

Music card - integrated - Azalia.kext work

Ethernet card - integrated - works

post-94222-1180597447_thumb.jpg

post-94222-1180597453_thumb.jpg

post-94222-1180597297_thumb.jpg

But now I want to know how to start the system without -s options (because when i dont press F8 and add -s then i get still waiting for root device)

PS. When I used X1000.kext I got an error like this.

post-94222-1180597903_thumb.jpg

post-94222-1180597952_thumb.jpg

For booting OS X I always recommend IDE. It's the most compatible and MacOS boots faster from IDE than Windows from SATA-2.

To repair all errors with extensions and so on, delete in System/Library/Extensions the files Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext. Then open Terminal and enter:

sudo -s

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions && chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

diskutil repairpermissions /

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

You can use copy/paste for this. After this reboot. Tip (for others too): For better CD/DVD burner support try PatchBurn. It creates profiles for various burners.

GreetinX from the Other Side!

:EDIT:

Hey, now I need something to compare: If I use the iTunes 7.2 visualizer with Quicktime 7.1.2 on my PCI-E X1600 (borisbadenow patch) in the standard window size, my CPU consumption goes up to 70%, if I choose 'more than 30 fps' to 100%. iTunes 6.05 needs about 50% on my AGP/SSE2 X1600 system, using the same patch. Is this normal?

Who knows what's difrence between boot with -s option and comand logout or boot without any comands.

I ask, cause when I start with option -s and comand logout system going well, but when i boot without any parameters system stops with text: stiil waiting for root device??

Any idea??

I took a chance and installed the new Airport Utility along with AirDisk utility that comes with the new Airport Extreme 802.11n. AirDisk will see my connected external hard drive, but will not accept my password at all. Every other official Mac in the house will connect via AirDisk. I am not sure where to even begin to look for this issue. Doesn't AirDisk operate off the Bonjour network?

Other than this issue and the other minor issues I have mentioned before, this install works very smoothly on my PC. Thank you very much uphuck!