Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.2 thread

Dr. Hurt

508 posts in this topic

Actually on second thought, is there anything Uphuck can do to further support for laptop keyboards/touchpads on 1.3 release??

I mean, maybe 1.3 could have alternate options within the install for what input device drivers you want to have. There's more than one driver (though hacked by others than Apple) for keyboards/touchpads under OSx86.

Tom A.

PS. Ati Radeon X1600 Pro problem after instalation 10.4.9.

I didn't read all instruction before instalation so I get an error after instaltion with AtiX1000.kext so in this "read me" was "don't panic" after reboot all works grate. You don't have install other driver - this works with CI/QE.

:thumbsup_anim:

How did you solve the error messge?

Did you do what naquaada said?

(To repair all errors with extensions and so on, delete in System/Library/Extensions the files Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext. Then open Terminal and enter:

sudo -s

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions && chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

diskutil repairpermissions /

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions )

Or did you do anything else?

Because after repairing the permissions my system crashed completely... :(

Thanks for your help (Ati x1600 pcie, p5w dh deluxe, uphuck 1.2)

(Kernel: Intel SSE3 (8.9.1.)

Driver:

10.4.9 intel uphuck, IOATAFamily.kext, ATI X1x00, ICH7-R, Azalia Audio, Core Duo Temp)

Did I choose wrong drivers? Too many? Did I miss anything?

Thanks for your help, all here! :)

@uphuck:

I don't know if it has mentioned before, but could you implement nforce4 SATA driver so that a native sata install can be possible? That would be so sweet :) .

@uphuck:

I don't know if it has mentioned before, but could you implement nforce4 SATA driver so that a native sata install can be possible? That would be so sweet :) .

That would be great :hysterical:

Any 1.3 release date? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Ok, I read thru this thread and the only thing I find similar to the problem I am having is post #5 where he gets a kernel panic when booting the disc :pirate2: I cant even get to the install phase.

error message is

kld_file_getaddr() failed for module com.apple.kpi.libkern

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator.

panic(cpu 1 caller 0x001A3129): Unresolved kernel trap (CPU 1, Type 14=page fault, registers:

(then there are a whole lot of address)

I tried searching here too and couldnt find anything..

I am trying to install on this laptop

Toshiba Satellite R25-S3513 Tablet PC

Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 100 GB HDD

So is my question getting ignored because its something so simple that everyone knows how to fix it? Or is it my post count? I am not looking for someone to do it for me.. just looking for information.

I see its been updated:

Uphuck 10.4.9 UB x86 DVD 1.3 with new feature, Updated in Jun-03, 2007

It shows "VIA SATA/RAID"

I have one VIA chip system working no problem.

A second VIA Chip system absoutley not working.

Do I redownload the updated version and attempt the "VIA" chipset SATA controller patch it contains?

:pirate2:

digifreak: no wonder that your system crashed. Your board has an Intel 975X chipset and not nForce 4. Here're the hardware specifications of this board:

Chipset: Intel 975X

Sound: Realtek 882M

IDE: Intel ICH7

Serial ATA 1: 2x SiliconImage 4732

Serial ATA 2: 2x Jmicron JMB363

Gigabit LAN: 2x Marvell 88E8053

Try to insert your SATA controllers device and vendor IDs in AppleVIAATA.kext's info plist, far down at 'VIA SATA Controller'. It must look like this: 0xDDDDVVVV 0x= Hex mark, DDDD= Device ID, VVVV= Vendor ID. This works for the SiliconImage SiI 3114 SATA Raid controller, but not in RAID mode, of course. Here's what to do:

Backup the original AppleVIAATA.kext and modify the file info.plist in it (show package contents -> Contents/info.plist) with Text Edit. You can mark it after saving with a different color so you know that it's modified. After this copy it back, delete System/Library/Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext. Then open Terminal and type:

sudo -s

diskutil repairpermissions /

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

If you're not sure how to patch, tell me the correct device and vendor IDs and I patch the file for you.

ShreddinPB: Sorry if there was no answer yet, but not all things can be taken care of at once. A lot of people here had kernel panics (my last one is a long time ago :pirate2: ), the reasons aren't so always so easy to find. The problem in your case is worse 'cause you're using a laptop which isn't so easy to compare normal mobos with the same chipsets and so on. I presume you've used uphucks Install DVD. Which kernels have you tested, are you installing OSx86 on an single drive or one partition in a combined Win/Mac drive? We need as much information as possible.

12string: I presume your P4M800Pro-M SATA isn't working. This is an VT8237R+ SATA controller. Maybe it has a different device ID than the normal VT8237 controller. Try to get the device ID from Windows (If you still have it on the system) and compare it with AppleVIAATA.kext info.plist. On uphucks Install DVD was a working SATA driver - so you could install - but in the installed system there was a non-working driver. My nForce SATA drives (which is also the VT8237) weren't shown too. If the driver in the system isn't working, so you can't boot from it.

Hope I could help you all with something. GreetinX from the Other Side!

P4M800Pro-M SATA is working 100%

Its the other one in my sig not working.

Also I installed mac drive and updated my ktext with my device ID.

I assume its my bios on the other machine.

(also the revision of the non working is different)

O well.

VIA 8237 must be working. But not in RAID mode and like I said the driver after the installation isn't working. I haven't tried a SATA installation yet and I think I won't ever do it - IDE is the safest way and it's fast enough. OS X is booting faster with IDE than Windoze on SATA 2. I don't think that Non-Mac Raid controllers will have real RAID support, maybe the SiliconImage 3112 for which are existing official MacOS-drivers.

Well then I must be greedy!

My P4m800PRO-M VIA VT8237R Installs to SATA great but its my internet box.

My Media/audio/video rig with my 400gb Sample drive only works with IDE

PT890t-A VIA 8237A (no workie)

Ill update my sig to reflect that.

ShreddinPB: Sorry if there was no answer yet, but not all things can be taken care of at once. A lot of people here had kernel panics (my last one is a long time ago :) ), the reasons aren't so always so easy to find. The problem in your case is worse 'cause you're using a laptop which isn't so easy to compare normal mobos with the same chipsets and so on. I presume you've used uphucks Install DVD. Which kernels have you tested, are you installing OSx86 on an single drive or one partition in a combined Win/Mac drive? We need as much information as possible.

Thank you :(

I did use uphucks install dvd ver 1.2 yes. I would guess here is the problem, how do I try different kernels? I dont have any options when this panic happens.. its right after boot, before any nice graphic screens. The only things I have read are hit F8 and try -v or -s, and I tried both. If I try to get the help there, a screen comes up with just a "n" lol. Is that where I change kernels? I got the impression you would try those at a install options screen or something of that sort.

I did create a seperate partition to install too.

I see its been updated:

Uphuck 10.4.9 UB x86 DVD 1.3 with new feature, Updated in Jun-03, 2007

It shows "VIA SATA/RAID"

I have one VIA chip system working no problem.

A second VIA Chip system absoutley not working.

Do I redownload the updated version and attempt the "VIA" chipset SATA controller patch it contains?

:)

Where is this at? It's not on TPB or the Demon...

AWESOME uphuck!  :thumbsup_anim: Just finished the download, and am in the current install process. I think you did a great job with this release. I only request would be to have an nfo that has all the details of the packages in it. I had to burn this with my MacBook Pro, couldn't get it to complete in Windows...wasted 4 DVD's (but they're cheap).

Anyone that is wondering which release of OSx86 to get, I would probably recommend this one. I have done a lot of research, and this version seems to be the best choice. uphuck has taken the "best" from all the OSx86 project developers have been working on, and included it in one release. (i.e. JaS, tubagirl, etc.)

Correct me if I am wrong on any of this uphuck...

His 10.4.9 update is from Apple, so if you only have an sse2 (like me) you can still run it. Unlike having to have sse3 for the JaS 10.4.9 update release.

If anyone is having trouble with the install not detecting a volume to install OSx86 on; make sure you use the disk utility to partition your drive. ;)

My OSx86 Box:

DFI LANPARTY PRO 875B

(Intel 875P Chipset, Intel 82875P Memory Controller Hub, Intel 82801ER I/O Controller Hub, 82547EI Gigabit LAN, Intel AGP version 3.0, ICH5R SATA IDE/RAID Interface)

Intel P4 2.6Ghz HT 800FSB SSE2

1024MB DDR400

ATI AIW X800TX 8x AGP

Seagate 160GB SATA Hard Drive

----------------------------

----a little while later----

I got it to install okay (no errors)...but it doesn't seem to boot...just hangs after "Boot from CD" and never leaves the screen post...

I installed the 10.4.9 for Intel CPU

Intel SSE2 Kernel

And all the Applications

I read several of your other posts uphuck, and saw that you recommended rebooting in verbose mode. I booted to the DVD, hit F8 and, entered "-v" and hit "enter".

Same trouble...

I also booted to the DVD, entered the terminal, entered "reboot /v" and hit "enter".

Same trouble...

If I boot to the disk, and do not "press any key", I get: System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

I also got this before I ran the install...

----a little while later----

So, I found part of the problem...

When creating the partition, using the disk utility, you need to make sure you select "Master Boot Record" under "Options..." instead of "GUID Partition Table".

Now the only problem I have is a big error right in the middle of the screen that says "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button." I get this right after Darwin starts to load, so maybe my system just isn't compatible.  :(

I'll try some of the different kernels to see if that helps.

-----------------------------

----a LONG while later----

-----------------------------

I GOT IT!!! :thumbsup_anim:  After trying everthing and searching everywhere, I finally got it!!! I am probably going to make this its own post, but for now, it will be here. ;)

I tried installing every kernel compatible with my system, and still had the same trouble.

Since my board has the Intel 875P Chipset I desiced to search for 875P on hackint0sh.org, forum.osxx86.info, and here. I found that pretty much everyone that had this chipset was having the same trouble (with the exception of a select few). I also found that most of these people where also using a SSE2 CPU. After I ran into a post that mentioned something about HPET (High Precision Event Timers) and another one that mentioned something about Power Management, I remembered seeing something of the like during the install.

Sure enough, there it was..."Remove CPUPowerManagement kext. Its description says "This removes AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. This script is needed for some system. nophet, sse2, or amd cpu." This means if you DON'T have HPET, or DO have a SSE2 or an AMD CPU, you need this option...duh.

So, I went back to my original install configuration making sure to add this option, and volia, my system booted right into OSx86...sound and everything.

Oh, and by the way...Boot Camp doesn't work... :(  Not unless someone knows how to bypass the firmware issue. (I'm sure it won't be long.)

I just want to say again...WELL DONE UPHUCK!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Hope this helps anyone else having trouble.

Thanks!

:gun:

One more thing: Could the final 1.3 dvd have to ability to, on the fly, load osx86 drivers that you can install with it upon bootup? I'm imagining that most people on this thread would agree with me on this one!

It'd sure be nice if I could boot that dvd on my blue computer, and it would automatically load the VIA S(ATA) driver for example, so that no more "root device" errors pop up anymore...

Thanks uphuck!!! Can't wait till it's released!

:thumbsup_anim:

Tom A.

i was also getting this login window error with listening to the starting video without graphics

how i solved this: started from the dvd again an repaird disk permissions with diskutil

reboot, and it works.

after this kind of registration there was an window that told me that an atidriver was installed improperly (the only one i have been selectet was the agpgart thing)

what realy bothers me is the language issue, i have selectet german, but everything seems to be english.

i will try to install the language pack from a diffrent dvd, but this doesn't make me happy.

OK, now a gain a post combination, from downwards to upwards.

eject: If you look at the text output after installation you'll find a message 'Language chooser sems to be failed: Defaulting to English'. This is a problem ALL install dvds ever had. But... noone cared about it because the most developers only use English <_< Have you looked in System Preferences/International to select your language?

digiplaya: To Post #397: The install dvds normally load all neccessary drivers, and they are also installed on the system. Only problem is that some were defective... noone is prefect ;)

uphuck: Post #396:

So, I found part of the problem...

When creating the partition, using the disk utility, you need to make sure you select "Master Boot Record" under "Options..." instead of "GUID Partition Table".

That's why I recommand to use Disk Utility 10.5.6 on the installation DVD.

Doug t.I.: To Post #394: I think 12string was pointing to the new driver installation pic some posts ago: Look here.

ShreddinPB: To Post 393: You can select various kernels during the installation (Intel SSE2, Intel SSE3, Universal 1, Universal 2), but not after it. Installing OSx86 on a combined HD maybe problematic too but i have no expereince in this 'cause I used seperate HDs all the time. Buts difficult in a lappy...

GreetinX to all from the other Side!

eject: If you look at the text output after installation you'll find a message 'Language chooser sems to be failed: Defaulting to English'. This is a problem ALL install dvds ever had. But... noone cared about it because the most developers only use English <_< Have you looked in System Preferences/International to select your language?

no, this problem haven´t occurred with jas 1.2 dvd.

but i allready fixed it.

i was going to post it right now, but you where faster.

i just changed region from germany (english) to germany (deutsch)

restart, and all in proper german.

i have selectet the right region during install but somehow this had gotten lost.

i'm really sure i hadn't to do this with the jas 1.2

edit:applications still named applications, but this is no problem

Which install DVD you're taking of? I had one 10.4.5 and one 10.4.6 from JaS, the first 10.4.8 image and with all the patches, myzars 10.4.6 and tubgirls 10.4.8 and all had this problem.

For testing the language problem: try to install FrontRow, download archive here. First install the IRKeyboardEmu, reboot, and then try to install the FrontRow package (Don't worry that's called update). Try if it works and look why not.

For testing the language problem: try to install FrontRow

i have had no problems installing it.

i hope i have also no problem uninstalling it, because i have no idea what this programm is for

Which install DVD you're taking of?

this time the uphuck 1.2 one

last time, and without any language problems (apps and utilities are also still english, and some other apps to) the JAS 1.2 release 10.4.8 including JAS combo update 10.4.9 wich i didn't install because i read that the JAS update would corrupted my system

So it's my understanding that when 1.3 comes out and we try it on our systems, all of the available drivers within the install will already be loaded upon bootup of the DVD?

*rubs chin*

:D

And this means that if the VIA driver is compatible with my blue computer's IDE chipset, then I'm set man!

But is there hope for my laptop's keyboard/touchpad still? Because I don't think anyone here has hinted how uphuck could make his PS/2 bus support any better. Well, as long as it works on my blue compy too....

Tom A.