Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.2 thread

Dr. Hurt

508 posts in this topic

Wow.

Can you possibly move the language options at the top of the list? It is a system feature and could bee overseen so far down.

Changed the language packs to original state and how about the Disk Utility? Still 17 MB after installation?

Hey all! I want to report that I could install uphuck's v1.2 1.4.9 successfully on my computer (only basic install, without ANY drivers, just the basic files and the Intel Kernel - first one on the list).

My specs are as follows:

· Pentium 4 2.4Ghz HT

· ASUS P4VD800D-X Motherboard (VIA Chipset)

· ASUS enGeForce 7300GS 256Mb (I assume it's ASUS Make, Device ID: x01df I think, I forgot exactly but I think that's the correct one).

· VIA Rhine II Ethernet 10/100

· SoundMax AD188 AC97 onBoard Sound

Installing a barebones install granted me a basic OSX set of functions, with MANY graphic glitches (scrolling up and down made the graphics get stuck and only move at the bottom, however activating Exposé or minimizing fixed it but it's hella annoying, also happens if I drag a window around, etc.). In the System Profiler, it detects that it's an NVIDIA Card with 256Mb of RAM, but it says no CI/QE Support. According to the Wiki, my card SHOULD work better than this... however...

Installing either Natit (or Dual) or Titan, or even MacVidia, makes the whole thing go to hell, even if I install them POST the original clean install. Computer loads properly, but then it goes to a Black Screen (like the monitor goes to Standby) and that's it, nothing else happens. How can I make my video card work properly?

On the plus side, installing PinXie's (sp?) Via Rhine II Drivers for the Ethernet card worked perfectly, and the AppleAC97Audio.kext that's floating around for P5B users also works (sort of, sound is a bit choppy and the like, but it's better than nothing).

A Final note, I get the exact same problems with JaS 1.4.8 (the latest ISO, the one with all the patches). Any help will be appreciated and I hope my comments helped someone out as well. Eagerly waiting for replies and I'm sorry for the long post!

Uphuck:

I haven't done any additional testing with your DVD in the last week, because a couple of things seem to be clear:

a) there is a boot problem that freezes the machine after loading the ACPI kext that occurs on a number of machines, no matter which kernel is installed, and whether the ACPICPU patch is or isn't installed. Although this can be bypassed by booting from the DVD, this is not a desirable option.

:D The Titan or Natit kexts will not load properly for some NVidia cards, including mine, (fx5200), whereas this works in the Jas 10.4.8 distributution. The error message "VideoFrameBuffer already loaded" suggests that the kernel is already loading some other kext that interferes with Titan on these machines. It looks like you may be modularizing this better in the 1.3 distribution, where nothing but VESA video will load unless the user specifies otherwise in choosing the install packages.

c) There are problems with the IOPCIFamily.kext, IO80211Family.kext, AppleAirport2.kext, and Apple AC97Audio.kext that I couldn't resolve by dropping in earlier versions from 10.4.6 or 10.4.8. I understand that the 80211/AppleAirport problem may already be resolved in the next distribution and that someone resolved the AC97 Audio problem, but I don't yet know how to do this. The problem with IOPCIFamily.kext seems to be that dropping in earlier versions of other kexts generates an error message that it is the incorrect version of IOPCIFamily.kext. I have a feeling this is related to the problems with Titan and ACAudio refusing to load no matter which kexts are used.

I studied the AGPgart forum and the one on the Apple developer network, earlier, in an attempt to boost the speed of my fx5200 card under 10.4.8. At that time, I learned that the AGPGart 2.1 and 2.2 versions *are not compatible* with Intel CPUs, only AMD. So no Intel user should try to install them. The earlier AGPGart 2.0 loads with Intel CPUS, but it disables QE/CI in conjunction with the Titan.kext, and may also prevent the GUI from loading. Jas made the mistake of loading it by default in the patched version of 10.4.8 AMD/SSE2/SSE3, which caused many Intel users to go back to the unpatched version (with Natit and no AGPgart), in frustration. Just thought you should know this.

Uphuck, I know Neopheus (Neo as hes now known) made installing driver pkgs for Omni's Callisto series of ATI-AMD Radeon 9600-9700-9800 drivers. Could you add them as well? I'm sure theres plenty of us that have those types of vid cards, and the install the normal way is a {censored}, an installer with your release would be great and most appreciated....

Uphuck, I know Neopheus (Neo as hes now known) made installing driver pkgs for Omni's Callisto series of ATI-AMD Radeon 9600-9700-9800 drivers. Could you add them as well? I'm sure theres plenty of us that have those types of vid cards, and the install the normal way is a {censored}, an installer with your release would be great and most appreciated....

you can find out lates news of next version.

http://61.74.156.133/bbs/zboard.php?id=rit...=asc&no=715

Uphuck, in case you haven't checked your sites lately, me and a good deal of other osx86 users will be definately needing support for our laptop's built in keyboards (PS/2) and many Synaptics touchpads.

For 1.3 please include the proper drivers for our PS/2 buses so that this problem can finally be resolved.

Thanks for considering and enjoy working on OSX.

Tom Anderson

Ok, I read thru this thread and the only thing I find similar to the problem I am having is post #5 where he gets a kernel panic when booting the disc :( I cant even get to the install phase.

error message is

kld_file_getaddr() failed for module com.apple.kpi.libkern

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator.

panic(cpu 1 caller 0x001A3129): Unresolved kernel trap (CPU 1, Type 14=page fault, registers:

(then there are a whole lot of address)

I tried searching here too and couldnt find anything..

I am trying to install on this laptop

Toshiba Satellite R25-S3513 Tablet PC

Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 100 GB HDD

Sooo.. no ideas? Maybe point me to a thread that has info? I tried using the search on here and couldnt find anything on this issue. Yes, I am a noob at installing OSX86, however I am not a comp noob at all.. thats why I am trying to learn :)

But it must be fixed somehow. It's a new error in 10.4.9 image which wasn't in 10.4.8 + 10.4.9 updates. The FrontRow installer said that it doesn't support the language is on my system. If other programs would do something similar this would be bad.

Hm, I had 10.4.9 + IR Emulator installed, Language in English and FrontRow don't wanted to install 'cause it didn't found a correct language entry.

Nevertheless, try to fix the problem before you release the new image. It's not good if there's a problem which doesn't seem to important won't be taken care of. These errors are the ones which are ported to every new image version, like my beloved Disk Utility problem. It's just the same: Not everybody needs to rewrite an hd partition from an disk image. But it is an error and it should be fixed.

- pause.

Sorry uphuck, this maybe sound annoying. It's great what you did and that you've implemented to a lot of new things in V1.3. But also look at my side - it's very frustrating to find the same errors in every new image again, especcially if you pointed often enough to it. I can't switch over to another image till this function is fixed because it's part of my safe boot system. And if I already know that here will be a new problem - the language problem - then there's another reason why I can't use this image.

Some suggestions:

- Have you already tried the Disk Utility recovery function? Create an small empty partition, write it into a dmg and restore it on the same partition. Does this work? How big is your Disk Utility, about 9.x MB or 17MB? Which version you have in the system?

- Are you still using the modified language packs (with greetings and so on) or the original language packs from maybe a Jas or Tubgirl 10.4.8 DVD? These DVDs hadn't this problem.

- How about Quicktime 7.1.2?

If there's any way I can help, I'll do it if possbile.

Hopeful wishes from the Other Side.

naquaada

- I'm telling that my frontrow did not give an installation error and works fine, and you are saying ''try to fix the problem''. ? and ''It's not good if there's a problem which doesn't seem to important won't be taken care of'' ???

you know that I try to get people's opinions and suggessions, if you want to give some feedback and suggestions then it would be better if you choose your words more carefully.

- same version of diskutil on dvd and installation: booting with dvd and restoring from image boots and works fine except some registry settings, booting with hd and restoring an image with the same version of diskutil which is on dvd does not boot.

- I'm not using any modified language packages except Turkish package which you are not concerned with I think. The others are from JaS 10.4.8 dvd. It's not about language packages.

DiaboliK
ok then, I'll remove it. when you finished x1900 let me know..

I've posted twice on this thread (three times now), with really valid questions and I've gotten no replies whatsoever, even though I know people have seen my issue and even solved it somehow. Would anyone mind answering? Thanks :pirate2:

Okay I have just downloaded this puppy.

BRand NEw HD (well sorta).

I get to boot from the DISC.

I try the Intel SSE3 cpu, and some ati drivers. Format the drive, then install, it asks to reboot and upon reboot, it hangs on the cursor.

liek this:

_

and its blinking that is it.......

Information from CPUZ

Pentium 4 550

Prescott

Socket 775 LGA

Instructions: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3

Core Speed 3400

Mainboard:

D915PBL AAC67720-301

Chipset: i915P/i915G

southbridge: 82801FB

BIOS: CY9150a.86a.0012.2004.0609.1806

Any help here please?

here is the loginwindow from 10.4.4.

Thanks, but that's not the issue I was having: no matter if I choose Natit or Titan, my ASUS enGeForce 7300GS 256mb (devid: 0x01df) which is a supported card by both Natit and Titan, makes my screen go black right after loading the driver or really close to that. If I choose no video card driver, I can load into OSX86 no problem. Any ideas?

Hi,

I install 1.2, only universal kernel 2 works,

video with natit x1600 ok

nic - ok

but on board sound Realtek - nohow

about mac shows - no sound?

and I have 2 monitors, 1 vga, 1 dvi-adapter to vga, both works in clone mode -

- possible to have extended desktop?

My specification:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 631

Motherboard: MSI 945P Neo 2

Memory: 2GB Dual channel

Video: MSI x1600

Audio Adapter Realtek ALC850 @ Intel 82801GB ICH7 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-1]

HDD: 2 SATA 80GB

Could you explain how you fixed the AC97 problem? I tried dropping several older versions of the AC97Audio kext into the Extensions folder and none of them would load, no matter how many times I repaired the permissions with Disk Utility or Chmod and Chown statements from Terminal.

I went by this thread to gather the info I needed, then hacked the info.plist from the kext in this thread. It took some time to achieve because of all the searching and trawling through these boards, but it was worth it, as it now works perfectly.

12string: you can use AppleVIAATA.kext of my nForce 4 driver package (in the signature) to get SATA drives. Installation instructions are included.

JSR: Depends on the language you need. If you need Goa'uld or Klingon you may have problems. You can select language packages during the installation, or after it insert the DVD and start the 'Optional Installs' package, there should be the language packs too.

g®€é†¡πGs ƒ®øM †h€ Ω†∑R SÏ∂€ !

Can I make the changes from mac drive in XP?

Sadley each time I attempt this I have to reclone my drive.

Thought I could mount and test in XP then try to boot in osx after I make the ktext edits.

:tomato: :censored2: