Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.2 thread

Dr. Hurt

508 posts in this topic

I'm a believer. Upchuck, or U{censored}, or whatevea ya name is, man, I gotta say, this is the best install I've ever had. No muss nor fuss, totally top notch. My {censored} is smoove, and even my SATA is working props now. I gotta drop some Callisto to get my 22" at full aspect, hopefully get some QE/CI lovin, but its all good in this hood. For the nonbelievers, check my member #, Im from way back, installed all from 10.4.1 to now, and this is the best. Its good {censored}.

Hello,

no good news Im afraid. I have an Intel Core Duo2 Quad Core and everything ends up with a reboot and Kernel Panic right at the beginning when trying to boot from the freshly installed system (install DVD worked perfectly).

I tried:

- 10.4.9 Intel

10.4.9 Intel package

IOATAFamily kext from 10.4.8

Intel SSE3 (26 March 2007)

Universal (23 April 2007)

Universal (3 May 2007)

None worked for me :thumbsup_anim: Bugger it...

My system specs see below..

Anyone has any ideas?

Hello,

no good news Im afraid. I have an Intel Core Duo2 Quad Core and everything ends up with a reboot and Kernel Panic right at the beginning when trying to boot from the freshly installed system (install DVD worked perfectly).

I tried:

- 10.4.9 Intel

10.4.9 Intel package

IOATAFamily kext from 10.4.8

Intel SSE3 (26 March 2007)

Universal (23 April 2007)

Universal (3 May 2007)

None worked for me :thumbsup_anim: Bugger it...

My system specs see below..

Anyone has any ideas?

Did you use BOTH universals at the same time? Or were you saying had tried both, but not at the same install?

Did you use BOTH universals at the same time? Or were you saying had tried both, but not at the same install?

No no I tried one after another, first universal 2 then universal 1, then Intel SSE3 . I tried to install it now five times with the same result. It panics right away.

Hi.

I'd like to test a mac os on my PC, in order to get a real mac book pro in the future time.

So I installed mac os 10.4.9 (uphuck intel-amd sse2 sse3 universal dvd v1.2): setup ran correctly, but after the first reboot the computer freezed, just after the bios boot, before the mac os boot.

I'm using an AMD athlon 64 X2 3800+, with Asus A8NSLI premium. I've 2 hd, sata and ide. I installed mac os on the ide one.

I tried the previous mac os version also (jas os amd-intel sse2 sse3 10.4.8) but I had the same problem: os never starts.

If I use the dvd to boot the os It shows me this error:

system config file '/com.apple.boot.plist' not found

Can you help me?

TNX

titan is the same titan.

copy

GeForce.kext

GeForce2MXGLDriver.bundle

GeForce3GLDriver.bundle

GeForceFXGLDriver.bundle

GeForceGA.plugin

GeForceVADriver.bundle

NVDANV10Hal.kext

NVDANV20Hal.kext

NVDANV30Hal.kext

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

from 10.4.8 and try again.

I did this and the Titan.kext still doesn't load, although NVDANV30Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext do load. The error message is: "VID: Match category IOFrameBuffer exists." I tried temporarily deactivating the IOFrameBuffer.kext, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Also tried swapping the IntelFamilyGraphics.kext for the 10.4.8 version -- no difference.

As I mentioned upthread, the AC97Audio.kext and AppleAirport2.kexts also refuse to load.

I tried replacing IOPCIFamily.kext with the 10.4.8 version. With either that or the 10.4.9 version, it loads with subsequent error messages: " "IOPCIFamily.kext differs from the requested version." Is this because of swapping IOFamilyNetworking.kext and I080211Family.kext for the 10.4.8 versions?

I'm just going to start over, when I have time, and go back to the SSE2 kernel. Now that I know the ACPI boot freeze can be bypassed by booting from the DVD, maybe that kernel will produce better results.

hi Uhpuck,

i've made a package that allow 100% work motherboard:

Asus P5B Deluxe / wifi (all the pacth work full)

Asus P5B

Asus P5B-E

And the most important pacth perhaps similar mobo like DS3, DS4 And ICH8 and Jmicron Motherboard.

The install is ad hoc and the patch are deselectable.

PLEASE UPhuck Add this package to your next dvd for all P5B deluxe users!

Thanks!

p.s. this is the package readme files:

This Pack is only for P5B Deluxe/wifi Intel P965 motherboard or similar

Especially designed to work on Semthex's "Koolkal" 10.4.9 Universall(may 3).

This pack contain the following:

Azalia Audio fix

Jmicro SATA/IDE fix

Marvell Gigabit Ethernet (88E8001)

Jas 10.4.8 ICH8/ICH8R

Misico MStk ICH8R Patch v.1.1

Ps/2 port fix for 10.4.8

10.4.8 USB driver (IOUSBFamily-261.4.2)

Audio fix

You will get only OUT 100% green out work.

For now not work IN.

Jmicro SATA/IDE fix

You will get full SATA Read/Write speeds support and working IDE port.

ICH8R Patch

use or jas ICH8/ICH8R patch or Mstk v 1.1 Patch

100% work sata in IDE or AHCI mode.

Marvell Gigabit

Full work for the second ethernet port.

Ps/2 port fix for 10.4.8

10.4.8 USB driver (IOUSBFamily-261.4.2)

this two Install only if you have proble with it.

For support:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=49964

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=51422

Version 1.0 Mistico's p5b dlx Package

----------------------

Installer by Mstk

----------------------

Mistico__s_P5b_dlx_Pack_1.0lite.zip

nvidia 8800 can be the problem, 8xxx series have problems with osx.

Hi uphuck, thank you for your post. I messed with it more now. I tried:

-"universal Kernel 2 with no IOATA"

-"universal Kernel 2 with IOATA"

-"universal Kernel 2 with IOATA and remove CPUPowermanagement"

-"SSE3 Intel Kernel with no IOATA"

-"universal Kernel 1 with no IOATA"

All the same result that I get a kernel panic right at the start when rebooting.

It's weird because I had Jas 10.4.8 running well with my 8800er card when having removed all GeForce kexts.

I did remove these kexts with every installation now too but it panics still :(

Hmm I wonder what else I could try...

look up to the v1.3 screenshot mistico86, it already includes ich8, ich8r and jmicron. the kext are the same kexts as the ones that you packed. marvell 88e8001 is too much specific. I only add general device drivers, ex: most 945 mobo has r8111 onboard eth, most alc series works good with the azalia driver that I added.

@superhero if you have silicon image controller then you have to check via sata/ata, do not remove cpupowermanagement kext, i dont think titan or natit will work on 8xxx but try once.. can you post verbose messages(maybe you can take a picture) after you remove these kexts below?

GeForce.kext

GeForce3GLDriver.bundle

GeForceFXGLDriver.bundle

GeForceGA.plugin

GeForceVADriver.bundle

NVDANV10Hal.kext

NVDANV20Hal.kext

NVDANV30Hal.kext

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

@lennyb

be sure the md5 of image is correct, install to harddrive not usb, be sure to pick one of universal kernels or intel sse2 kernel. have you tried agpgart + titan?

it will be good if you post your selections at install and postinstall verbose error messages.

look up to the v1.3 screenshot mistico86, it already includes ich8, ich8r and jmicron. the kext are the same kexts as the ones that you packed. marvell 88e8001 is too much specific. I only add general device drivers, ex: most 945 mobo has r8111 onboard eth, most alc series works good with the azalia driver that I added.

ok..thanks for your work!

when the 1.3 version?

I thought of downloading but after reading this thread it seems there are many issues with this release.

What is the consensus? Good? Bad?

Is there a way to add a poll to see how successful people are with this one?

@superhero if you have silicon image controller then you have to check via sata/ata, do not remove cpupowermanagement kext, i dont think titan or natit will work on 8xxx but try once.. can you post verbose messages(maybe you can take a picture) after you remove these kexts below?

GeForce.kext

GeForce3GLDriver.bundle

GeForceFXGLDriver.bundle

GeForceGA.plugin

GeForceVADriver.bundle

NVDANV10Hal.kext

NVDANV20Hal.kext

NVDANV30Hal.kext

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

Hi uphuck, I installed it now at least 10 times but still no luck.

Natit nor titan work for the 8xxx. I removed the kexts you posted and I took a pic of the result.

The thing is sometimes it does boot a little further and sometimes not. Weird...this pic was taken after a fresh install of

Intel 10.4.9 with IOATA and Universal Kernel 2. This is right after the boot process (geforces kexts removed):

kernel.jpg

There has to be a trick to get it fully to boot I just wish what to do now..

Superhero, did you try just to activate only 1 CPU... perhaps it is not the Video Card... or ty to install it on your LaCie, perhaps its your SATA or something else on your MOBO...

yes i agree Crady, i think it complains about intelpowermanagement. superhero it'll be better if you boot with verbose mode then take the picture(f8 at startup, -v and enter)

@rgweist, thanks for the info..

Superhero, did you try just to activate only 1 CPU... perhaps it is not the Video Card... or ty to install it on your LaCie, perhaps its your SATA or something else on your MOBO...

I don't think I can turn off any cores in my BIOS since i got a cut down PB BIOS :( The thing is though that my Quad core worked at full speed with Jas 10.4.8 using all four cores. So if this 10.4.9 shouldn't support my four cores it wouldn't make much sense to upgrade while downgrading my speed...

I also think that the video card is not the problem. It crashes before it even loads those extensions.

I tried to install 10.4.9 on my LaCie USB HD but it refuses to boot from it ;)

As it is the only way for me to boot my hackintosh into Mac OS X is to have the install DVD in the drive, wait 10 seconds and then it boots up my HD.

SATA never worked on my Hackintosh either, that's why my MacOS X HD is normal IDE.

yes i agree Crady, i think it complains about intelpowermanagement. superhero it'll be better if you boot with verbose mode then take the picture(f8 at startup, -v and enter)

You are right uphuck, it is actually the intelpowermanagement. I took a very fast screenshot of my screen before the panic occurs and there you can read the error:

panic2.jpg

As I mentioned above the only way for me to boot from my HD installation is to have the DVD inside, wait for the countdown and then it boots up my HD. Now the thing is when I hit F8 right when the HD boots up my MacOS X my PC reboots :censored2: If I hit F8 while the countdown is there (from the Install DVD) it only shows me one boot option, the DVD itself.

Always been that way also with Jas 10.4.8, no big thing for me, I just never achieved to get into verbose mode.

Any more ideas? It seems to be the intelpowermanagement, can I do something about it? I would really love to have 10.4.9 running on my machine since I want to use the new Final Cut on this machine when it comes out and it requires 10.4.9.

my mouth is watering for 1.3 with the jmicron patch included! I havent had a working install since 10.4.6 and im really missing my hackintosh!!!

well done though sir, looking like positive feedback all round

How can I get the torrent for Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.2?

Demonoid is allways closed for registration!

Can anyone send me an invite or the torrent for download?

Thnks

maildoduro at gmail.com

Okay, I installed it, no major flaws till now, except:

+ sound

+ network

+ dualcore

+ everything else except:

- smb is not working (I think, I can fix this with a patch that already worked for 10.4.8)

- kernel_task uses around 30% all the time.

- about this mac doesn't work

I used the Universal 2-Kernel on my AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ / K8N Neo4-F.

Both kernels are recognized, in System Profiler and Activity Monitor.

The installation is fresh, no additional drivers installed.

Problem seems to be solved here, but since I don't know the language, I can't tell for sure. If it's related to the speedit.kext, it's not the source of my problem, because I don't have this file :hysterical:

Anybody knows a solution?