Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.2 thread

Dr. Hurt

508 posts in this topic

Superhero360 please do a clean install after you ereased your target partition, there's no 8.8.1 kernels in dvd.

Hi unphuck,

ok this is weird. I always formatted my HD before installing a new Mac OS X with the disc utility from the installer DVD. I don't get it..maybe the disc utility doesn't work right?

P.S. No disc utility works, all data is gone when I reformat it with hfs+ journaled. I'm reinstalling now again with Kernal Universal 2, 10.4.9 for Intel and remove powermanagement.

Hey there guys I am only a Newbie to "Hack Os" I have used a version of the jas instal version 10.4.8 for amd and installed part of the tubegirl install aswell to get a stable install, but I would really like to try the Uphuck release. Unfortunatly I am unable to get a hold of the torrent to download it as I can not access "Demonoid" Any one feel generous enough to either chuck me an invite or a link to the torrent? if so you can reach me at

doug.rumble@gmail.com

Cheers

YEAH!! I finally did it!!! I tried an installation without installing any drivers, and now Mac OS works!!! :P

Now I've to check which driver is not working

TNX!!

Well that's weird but whenever I boot in verbose it tells me that I have Kernal 8.8.1. I installed 10.4.9 with kernal uni 2 and without powermanagement on a freshly formatted HD..hmmm same result with Kernal uni 1

About my sig @ the time using uphuck 10.4.9, the rest is workin, with a minor problem:

Like others i get my baseball field im menu bar, saying i have airport but if i try to configure it theres no place to do it. Internet conect as no preference pane to it. Edit IO8211 and that´s how i got the baseball field on menubar. Even removed airport2.kext, and no go.

Anybody solved this problem?? Thanks

erease the partition with gparted live cd and there no way to have anything in it after that

I don't have gparted but I formatted it using Windows Vista, booted from your install DVD and formatted the HD back to HFS+ journaled.

I think the problem is my new way of booting from the HD. Since verbose mode doesn't work with the key command I tried when the DVD menu comes up to type "rd=disk1S1 -v". Then this kernal panic appears which shows my screenshot. Maybe it loads an older kernal from the DVD and then boots the HD?

I don't know..hmm, very mysterious.

My HD is a second slave to a DVD drive, maybe I need to type in something different..

@nody, do not remove or edit anything except /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/Network.plist file. airport should be en1, so change it to en1 and dont forget to change IOInterfaceUnit to 1 and delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/Preferences.plist. then it should work. on some systems configurator configures airport wrong way.

Uphuck: For you new install DVD, plz think over to remove the 3rd party software. It's not fine style to put so much stuff on an operating system install disc, not even Microsoft does this. Reason: If you install 3rd party software which is on the disc there is maybe already a newer version in the net, so it's a waste of space. Put only Apple related stuff into this which is easy updateable via Software Update.

Important Software:

- iTunes 7.1 or higher

- Quicktime 7.1.3 or higher

- FrontRow (with IR patch)

Additional Software:

- Xcode and DashCode for Programmers

- iPhoto from iLife '06 (great program)

- BackRow (AppleTV OS)?

3rd party Software:

- Quicktime plugins are OK

Here the Reasons:

iTunes 7.1 and Quicktime 7.1.3 or up should be an optional install. iTunes 6.05 and Quicktime 7.1.2 must be default, it's neccessary for AGP users. It isn't possible to watch a movie or a DVD with Quicktime 7.1.3 on an AGP machine, it's much too slow. There is no speed difference between AGP driver installed and not installed. 3rd party software Quicktime plugins maybe a good idea to expand the Quicktime capabilities. FrontRow is nice and belongs to an Apple system, but it needs some kind of patch the missing IR receiver which is important for installation. (There are some of it)

Xcode and Dashcode are clear but I think Xcode is very big, about 1 Gig or so. That makes this problematic because not very much people use this. iPhoto is a great program and the most neccessary program of the iLife package because nearly every person who has an computer also has a digital camera. The size of the iPhoto installer package is 390 MB. BackRow... dunno if it's possible to have this in an installation package, but would be cool if an installation DVD would have this :lol:

This would be another step to a serious Mac OS Installation DVD and not to something what's looking like some Hacker flicked stuff. If then the language and disk utility problem is fixed sometime, maybe I can switch over to 10.4.9 sometime too.

GreetinX from the Other Side!

Do u know where I can find

- ATI X800 XT driver (I can't get a resolution higher than 1024x768 now)

- Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic driver

- NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI driver

TNX!!

Don't know anymore if there were problems with iTunes 7.x on AGP. It's long time ago that I tested it, can't remember. But it's better to have some older versions on the disc, upgrade later is always possible. Here is the download link to iTunes 6.05.

Quicktime 7.1.2 isn't available anymore on Apples site, but I still have the installer. It's 49MB in size, can I upload this file somewhere?

The actual FrontRow image from Apples DL page seems to be problematic, it wanted an IR receiver although I have installed a working patch. Then I used mine (which I had donwloaded also from there) and this works. I use this IR emulator (main component IRKeyboardEmu.kext) which works great. On ∂€mø∏ºì∂ there is a JaS' hacked version of FrontRow which uses FrontRowPass.kext, but it didn't work for me. I tested some patches to get FrontRow working, I got it to work, but you can crash your system if you mix the patches too much (like I did :thumbsup_anim:) The IR Emulator is the best thing.

A nice 3rd program (AppleScript based) is KeyViewer, it opens the inbuilt Mac-Onscreen keyboard. This is handy because the most people have problems to find the needed keys, especcially on international keyboards. The 10.4.8 Server Tools are also available on ∂€mø∏ºì∂.

If somebody can tell me a place where to upload the installers, I'll do it.

One tip for all: If you don't want to see your Windows drives on the Mac desktop, add a dot '.' before the name, like '.Windows XP'. The drive isn't shown anymore on the desktop, but still available in the Finder's side bar.

uphuck: Maybe try to remove all waste after the installation, disabled drivers, AMD_info files in the root dir and so on. looks much better.

Use the chance to create an unique 10.4.9 image before there are others, you're now one step ahead! We help you if we can!

I just reinstalled on another 160gb ide drive

I booted normal and it gave me screen to reboot.. I did and I went verbose and this is the last of the message screens where i wrote down anything say failed or so and Login Window Application started was the last line of the screen

<RobNyc> MACI : family spepcific matching fails

<RobNyc> MMAC : family specific matching fails

<RobNyc> display : family specific matching fails

<RobNyc> NVDA : start (display) <1>

<RobNyc> NVDA : start (display) <1> failed

<RobNyc> Login Window App Started and gave me screen to reboot

theycallhimpeter: What do you want too?

sama7896: Maybe try to add your raid controller's ID to AppleVIAATA.kext, down at 'VIA SATA Controller' in the IOPCIPrimaryMatch field. This method also worked for the SiliconImage 3114 raid controller.

naquaada

- i already have itunes 6.0.5

- you can upload 7.1.2 to rapidshare and pm me the download link

- the frontrow that i put to v1.3 is the last version, it has keyboard emulator(by bholland) and working as well

- keyviewer is a good choise, i'have just added it to v1.3, if you have any other suggessions let me know

- it is not important for me to make a successful 10.4.9 or later version install dvd before some people do it, I'm just trying to do my best

- thanks for your interest and helps

It should be written into the Readme that basically all newer Nvidia Cards with 512MB RAM will fail with OSX unless they hack their ROM on the graphics card. I installed uphuck 1.2 maybe 10x until I saw the thread here that with such cards all Nvidia driver packages will results in a no-boot.

:thumbsup_anim:

A software solution for this would be good, without ROM hacking. Some guys talked about boot-loader patching or stuff like that to avoid ROM hacking. Dunno, maybe a professional guy can make this easy in the setup for uphuck 1.3 DVD...

Dear Uphuck,

my question to you is, if I can update with your 1.3 release an previous installed 1.2 version. Cause I'm allready running your 1.2 and want to know this before I beginn to install all my Programms an Jampacks etc.

Thank you for your great work!

with best regards, Rakete