[pre-release] macOS Big Sur in VMWare

1,188 posts in this topic

Ok So luckily you've got the same motherboard this EFI was built for.

1. Take the attached EFI and replace your own with it (Don't forget to make a backup of yours on the desktop)

EFI.zip

2. Replace the config.plist with your own config.plist that you backed up

3. Open in ProperTree, press Shift,Command,R and select the OC folder. This aligns your Config.plist with the new EFI I attached. If you don't do this, you might get Kernel Panic from missing kexts etc

4.make the following additions under NVRAM:

booter-fileset-baseystem, data, <00>

booter-fileset-kernel data, <00>

(Don't forget to put these additions in the Delete ->7C436110AB >1 and 2 as well

This puts the bootloader into kext compatibility mode

Spoiler

384632465_Screenshot2020-06-26at00_08_42.thumb.png.f0964996c7b5bbc7ca309ef5627d52cf.png

4. Save changes and attempt reboot

5. At this point you *should* boot up normally. 

Let me know how it goes

On 6/26/2020 at 3:01 AM, BigSir said:

Ooh this sounds like a connector issue perhaps? Maybe try other ports on the graphics card? failing that i'd check you're running on compatibility mode (see my above bootloader screenshot) and you have the latest lilu and whatever green loaded as well. This happened with me and it turned out it was injecting the wrong port

This my config 

Spoiler

2125855390_Schermata2020-06-26alle08_21_30.png.c4cd428fcab3383d31f585bd457ac60c.png

Please excuse my ignorance here (its been ages / years!) since I had to change this but how would I update my system from being a Mac mini 2012 to a Mac mini 2014 so I can even attempt the update in the future?

Is it just Board-ID I have to update (Clover)?

EDIT: Perhaps ProductName too?

Edited by D-an-W

On 6/26/2020 at 3:22 AM, D-an-W said:

Please excuse my ignorance here (its been ages / years!) since I had to change this but how would I update my system from being a Mac mini 2012 to a Mac mini 2014 so I can even attempt the update in the future?

Is it just Board-ID I have to update (Clover)?

Yeah i'd download clover configurator and it does most of the legwork for you. Just mount your EFI, open your config.plist, select SMBios and where the double arrows are, click MacMini7,1 and click save. I've attached an example

Spoiler

714745507_Screenshot2020-06-26at00_25_21.thumb.png.819f8af4bba21176ed76f48c7ac0a960.png

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2020 at 11:36 AM, Baio77 said:

Thanks for All no ruction WI-FI

Great to see that you people are making progress.

Wish someone could make a video and post onto youtube. Would be helpful.

Maybe it is NOT clear, ALL of them arrive at the desk or install from VM or install on the external HD of MAC as true as I did, there is work for the developers to do, I am just a fitter in this world, I only had an idea after 1 day of testing.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/344236-pre-release-macos-big-sur/?do=findComment&amp;comment=2727019

On 6/26/2020 at 8:47 AM, Matgen84 said:

I try Rear  USB2 port, I can boot slowly to "Choose langage". 

I've to find a solution for USB3 before install macOS10.16 :whistle:

Someone knows how to fix USB3 issue on 10.16 Big Sur (Z390 Aorus Master). My USBports.kext (made with Hackintool) work on Catalina.
When minutes after stuck,   circle with slash appear :cry:

@matgen84

Just to better understand the USB problem: did you have this problem if you use the USB 2 ports on the back I / O panel ?

9 minutes ago, DominiqueDEBERT said:

I don't know if I'm gonna bother installing it, unless it's flawless with OpenCore. Since Apple will drop Intel within the next 2 years, I think we can say farewell to Hackintoshes :(

intel will be supported as long as the lifetime of the latest intel macs, so at least 5 to 7 years

2 minutes ago, OrpheusInHell said:

So maybe then I'll be able to buy a real mac :)

Let's hope that apple silicon will make macs cheaper, i'd love if apple releases a macbook at a 500 USD price tag, apple definelly needs a cheap access point to the OS, for people like budget developers, if hackintosh will no longer be a thing in 5 to 7 years from now, we need to have cheaper macs.

About clover any updates from the dev team?

• Like 2

On 6/26/2020 at 2:37 AM, DarkNeptune0 said:

My main EFI (opencore 0.5.8) that contains all the SSDT, kext etc.. gives me the error of the next capture.  The one I attached above is version 0.6.0 with several different settings and it's the one that manages to go further.  Maybe you could try to remove some kext or settings and leave the essential.

I try and let you know

21 minutes ago, Dreamwhite said:

Guys, does this mean that BCM94360CS2 (and BCM94360CD which is the WiFi chipset soldered on the Fenvi T919) won't work on macOS Big Sur? Has anyone tested WiFi using Fenvi T919? Thanks

Fenvi T919 should be fine. Your grep string is just wrong. I have that same card:

alexander:~% kextstat |  grep -i brcm
   74    0 0xffffff7f82172000 0x7d1000   0x7d1000   com.apple.driver.AirPort.BrcmNIC (1400.1.1) 3E84E49D-6C4F-3359-8FB0-83E7CFF81A2A <73 72 71 68 18 13 8 7 6 5 3 1>

so far so good, i will update if this boot but this looks promising, here are my steps so far:

1. flashed the installer to a USB drive

2. powered up Parallels (i had to put boot flags under boot order, advanced

devices.mac_hw_model="your model"
devices.smbios.board_id="your boardID"

3. added a second slightly larger driver to the VM

4. set the network to bridged (my en0)

5. booted into installer and installed just fine

6. first boot, made a throwaway account, made it into system

7. made sure i could see my host system in network and rebooted back into the installer

8. open disk utility and i made a new image of the installed macos onto the second driver  open terminal and dd'd an image of the installed system to the second drive

9. after it is done, booted back into the system and copied the resulted dmg file to my host machine

10. open terminal and dd'd that dmg to my hard drive (not using my main drive install for this)

11. ?? will update if it actually boots

Edited by notsnsone