[pre-release] macOS Big Sur in VMWare

1,188 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Baio77 said:

it is normal everyone has your problem are some install from USB and they are very few, the rest works alternative ways or VM or real Mac and external SSD The same EFI gave me blocks installing from USB I use it now to configure the installed operating system

I repeat what I wrote, I installed the system from a real Mac on ssd and now I put it on my laptop and it gives me this problem.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, dariuxzy said:

I repeat what I wrote, I installed the system from a real Mac on ssd and now I put it on my laptop and it gives me this problem.

ok ok sorry, I don't think this is the right place to give support to get to the desk, you need detailed information

1 hour ago, MacPato said:

I have no issues finding the solution's on the apple life site, google translate works perfectly fine :) @fantomas I don't mean to be rude, can I just say this website has been a mess for months and barely moderated, from SSL Cert issues and breaking pages, it's a little condescending to make a statement like that after all this time, its their development that's kept this site active. But that is my personal opinion.

Can I ask what you're talking about? Please, do not add oil on the fire, stay focused on the topic.

BR

fantomas

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, fantomas said:

Can I ask what you're talking about? Please, do not add oil on the fire, stay focused on the topic.

BR

fantomas

If I can add my 2 cents, when the first person posted that he had installed Big Sur on a Chromebook, I was able to determine that the installation had been made to an external hard drive and surmised that it was created originally on a real Mac.  It appears that, for now, that is the solution to getting Big Sur running on a PC. Many of our members were not around in the days when we had to use distros to install OS X because Apple had not made it freely available on its App Store.  In those days, the most common ways of getting distros was from torrent sites like Pirate Bay and websites that linked to distros on torrent sites ran into problems with claims that they were promoting piracy.  That is why we have the rule that prohibits references to distros or links to them.  The pre-installed dmg file linked on the applelife forum is, technically, a distro.  It is located on a google drive page but it still runs afoul of our rules.  No one here is saying you can't take a chance and use the distro, just don't provide links to it in a public forum.  But do realize that, at some point in the future, someone may take a preinstalled image of Big Sur and plant malware in it.  That is the risk you take when you don't install everything yourself.  It is a risk I am willing to take for now but with certain precautions because I am aware of the risk. 

The bottom line:  Stay calm, use good sense and be careful.

Edited by mnfesq
  • Like 2

I managed to get BigSur installed onto Vmware. Is there a way to clone the VMDK to a physical disk.

If this is at all possible, I have a spare 250GB nVme drive on my system.

I am not a PRO in these things, so a step by step would be really helpful.

Finally got Big Sur to boot on my Dell Inspiron Skylake gen laptop

Oh my, spent days moving around files on trial and error, final credits goes to the awesome @vit9696 for pointing out techniques to restore incompatible APFS images on Catalina, final boss fight with Disk Utility kept throwing compatibility errors.

Thanks to all devs and peeps for all your contributions, patience and dedication.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 10.42.24 AM.png

10 minutes ago, aben said:

Finally got Big Sur to boot on my Dell Inspiron Skylake gen laptop

Oh my, spent days moving around files on trial and error, final credits goes to the awesome @vit9696 for pointing out techniques to restore incompatible APFS images on Catalina, final boss fight with Disk Utility kept throwing compatibility errors.

Thanks to all devs and peeps for all your contributions, patience and dedication.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 10.42.24 AM.png

I assume you also did the image installation

Anyone who is getting the OS to run is doing image installs Or installing on external drive on a real Mac just to try out the OS. I guess it’s cool an all, but what’s the fun in that if you can’t boot in to a clean install. Anyhow will keep waiting for the boot loader masters to do their magic till one can do a clean install via external media directly to a hack. “Sergey pamagi nam pajalusta” :help:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

How to get write access to file system of Big Sur?? I can't change name of my Big Sur Disk name.

sudo mount -uw / is not working anymore

take a look here

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-11-big-sur-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2242172/page-28?post=28603788#post-28603788

On 6/26/2020 at 6:37 AM, Dreamwhite said:

Have you tried using AirportBrcmFixup? Lemme know 

Yes but no effect, I have push with OpenCore in EFI/OC/Kexts, I not tested L/E or S/L/E, is same no?

47    0 0xffffff7f***16000 0xd000     0xd000     as.lvs1974.AirportBrcmFixup (2.0.7) 6D266*****************C8F5E8A <44************** 1>

75    0 0xffffff7f***89000 0x7d4000   0x7d4000   com.apple.driver.AirPort.BrcmNIC (1400.1.1) 1BFF*****************06132B189 <74************** 5 3 1>

Spoiler

1228118923_Capturedcran2020-06-2621_38_54.thumb.png.e0cd7c395773599b632c18887a0489c7.png

Capture d’écran 2020-06-26 à 21.38.54.png

On 6/26/2020 at 10:01 PM, Rocky12 said:

This is the key for those of you guys trying to use clover to boot from USB Big Tour

This is to boot from a pre-install/image copy or direct install via install media? 

Edit: never mind I see it’s for direct install media. Didn’t pay attention to the screen shots all too close just saw the edits on the plist. Hmmm will

give this a try 

does this help after install to boot in to OS too? Or just to get an install going? 

10 hours ago, cryosat7 said:

How did you go about the cloning process?

1. Attach and identify the source disk:diskutil list

2. Unmount the source disk:diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk2

3. note the numbers of the source disk and the destination disk. 

4. sudo dd if=/dev/diskX of=/dev/diskY bs=32

X is the source disk and Y is the destination disk