[pre-release] macOS Big Sur in VMWare

1,188 posts in this topic

Massive Shout out to the legends that are Shannee, NoOne and Algrey and the amazing people at AMD-OSX for getting macOS 11 Big Sur running on AMD and so quickly. Fully Native Ryzentosh System and everything is working

Spoiler

Ryzen.thumb.jpg.470121f914758314b78922e430b0b741.jpg

Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 11.13.41.png

• Like 5

On 6/26/2020 at 7:48 AM, dariuxzy said:

@DarkNeptune0 i tried with OC 0.6.0 but but I'm stuck in the same error

Please try my OpenCore 0.6.0 config.plist which can boot successfully to desktop in my Z370 mackintosh without major issue except Firefox lost audio output but normal in Safari.

The original partition of this Big Sur beta was updated from real Mac in USB-external HDD.

After trial and error I found my config.plist worked in Z370 mackintosh.

Key point:

1.Booter/Quirks/AvoidRuntimeDefrag->True

2. NVRAM

config.plist

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 7.08.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 7.03.20 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thank everyone for the support, thanks to those who introduced me to this world Hack, thanks to the guys I work with and thanks to the Hack BIGs for what they do, without you all this would be impossible. the OS Big Sur seems to have already been years of development, okay it is fluid fast and even on HD 5400 Rpm in APFS it has performances that Catalina dreams of ......

Baio77 

Edited by Baio77
  • Like 2

On 6/26/2020 at 3:32 PM, jsl2000 said:

Please try my OpenCore 0.6.0 config.plist which can boot successfully to desktop in my Z370 mackintosh without major issue except Firefox lost audio output but normal in Safari.

The original partition of this Big Sur beta was updated from real Mac in USB-external HDD.

After trial and error I found my config.plist worked in Z370 mackintosh.

Key point:

1.Booter/Quirks/AvoidRuntimeDefrag->True

2. NVRAM

config.plist

Sorry,I'm trying to install it on Haswell laptop, and you have an advanced desktop compared to my laptop. I'll try to install it on hard disk with real Mac, and then see if it starts on laptop

3 hours ago, Loloflat6 said:

@matgen84

Just to better understand the USB problem: did you have this problem if you use the USB 2 ports on the back I / O panel ?

Right, I don't have this USB problem when I use the USB2 ports on the back panel on Big Sur. USB3 work fine for Catalina.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

Right, I don't have this USB problem when I use the USB2 ports on the back panel on Big Sur. USB3 work fine for Catalina.

please share your EFI Folder  did you installed big sur 10.16 successfully using usb 2 port?

patches.plist bare in mind there is no support for these while its under beta

I’m waiting on my replacement motherboard then I start my first ryzentosh, hopefully these patches will give me Big Sur as my first OS on my new AMD machine, always been intel until now. Can you DM me your config.plist minus serials please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, ameenjuz said:

please share your EFI Folder  did you installed big sur 10.16 successfully using usb 2 port?

I only boot using usb2 port. I stopped at the language selection window. The EFI folder work fine for Catalina.

Thanks

EFI.zip

35 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

@fantomas, let me be crystal clear about it. AppleLife is not an unknown blog but one of the locations Acidanthera team and related people are located. It is a local Russian community, so if anything, the userbase is not intersecting in the first place. Yet, even if it was not, when team members post links to authorised instructions (e.g. my posts), you can treat it similar to github.com/acidanthera.

If understanding all that you believe that links to developer resources are improper on insanelymac, we may have to cease all kind of interaction with insanelymac community.

So let me be crystal clear about it in my turn... I perfectly know about AppleLife forum and its community. Most of the time, if not all of the time, they are the first in terms of work/research about hackintosh dealing but that is only my opinion. And they have all my respect for this.

One of these wonderful people is Slice (just an example) and he's also a member of our forum staff. 

The IM forum has always supported the developers and we continue to do so, because they are at the heart of our community and without them, honestly, there would be no hackintosh.

Now, it is that meaning that we could do everything and anything? That we are not concerning by the forum rules? Of course we are. The forum rules are for everyone.

The link I removed has nothing to do with AppleLife forum itself but more with the links to modified dmgs that we do not allow (as explained in my previous post) . And if you disagree with this forum rule, please contact an administrator. 

Now if you wish to cease all kind of interaction with IM community, it is on your own, everyone is free to stay or go. But if it's a kind of threat, as some people did before, just know that it has no effect on me.

If you think I said or did something that personally offended you, then I will invite you to contact me via PM and I will do my best to resolve the issue.

BR

fantomas

• Like 2

20 hours ago, junologue said:

Installed on a External SSD on my Macbook. All working, moved it over to my X299 Hack, changed AvoidRuntimeDefrag to false in config.. now it gets stuck here on boot. The last lines that's repeating is when i turned my Thunderbolt devices on and off.

Tried to boot with on, and also off. But still same freeze state.

Any clues here?

Did you ever get your hack working?  I'm stuck on PCI configuration end on mine

1 hour ago, Zia said:

Is it important to use Russians Big Sur can I use the installer app to install big sur on external drive? 

Yes, you need to make a 2nd partition in your drive with at least 120gb, and use APFS, then clone the dmg to that partition.

On 6/26/2020 at 12:10 PM, dariuxzy said:

Sono riuscito a installarlo sul disco rigido da un vero Mac, ma quando provo ad avviarlo sul laptop si è bloccato qui

Edit. I managed to move forward, enabling AvoidRunTimeDefrag, but now it remains still on "PPGTT is enable" and after 5 minutes it freezes on this screen

Spoiler

20200626_172650.jpg

20200626_170713.jpg

I don't understand why the solution is ONLY in a Russian website, made by people who are very intelligent, very good Eng speakers and very active members of this website.

Anyway no reason to rush, bootloaders gonna be ready for this very soon, my only concern was if it boots at all and it does.

• Like 3

On 6/26/2020 at 7:40 PM, dariuxzy said:

I managed to install it on hard disk from a real mac, but when I try to boot on the laptop it stuck here

it is normal everyone has your problem are some install from USB and they are very few, the rest works alternative ways or VM or real Mac and external SSD The same EFI gave me blocks installing from USB I use it now to configure the installed operating system

1 minute ago, RandomTech said:

I don't understand why the solution is ONLY in a Russian website, made by people who are very intelligent, very good Eng speakers and very active members of this website.

Anyway no reason to rush, bootloaders gonna be ready for this very soon, my only concern was if it boots at all and it does.

They just got a Pre-installed macOS disk, eitherway, they also have a yt video on how to do it..

6 minutes ago, RandomTech said:

I have no issues finding the solution's on the apple life site, google translate works perfectly fine :) @fantomas I don't mean to be rude, can I just say this website has been a mess for months and barely moderated, from SSL Cert issues and breaking pages, it's a little condescending to make a statement like that after all this time, its their development that's kept this site active. But that is my personal opinion.

Edited by MacPato
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1