[pre-release] macOS Big Sur in VMWare

1,188 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, anhlavua said:

I tried Cyberdevs' EFI on my Haswell system, got pass the [EB] screen, but stuck after purple lines showed up. I'm using Rx580 GPU, does anyone have a solution?

Edit: i tried with weg beta flag, safe boot -x but still no luck

Purple lines take a while to go away give it time it take up to 5 minutes to load the installer.

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Don't work on my Z390 Aorus Master :no:

Try booting on a different USB port, preferably a USB 2.0 port of you have them on your mainboard.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Try booting on a different USB port, preferably a USB 2.0 port of you have them on your mainboard.

I try Rear  USB2 port, I can boot slowly to "Choose langage". The USB3 errors remains. I've to find a solution before install macOS10.16 :whistle:

EDIT: ports limit reached error on Big Sur  but my usbport.kext have 15 ports working in Catalina.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mirone said:

@Cyberdevs Did you do the process of restoring the image or install it from the USB stick?

I tried to do a clean install using a USB disk which I created with CreateInstallMedia method and Welcome back to the forum man :)

• Like 2

On 6/25/2020 at 7:09 PM, tore2003 said:

Got here with clover! Anyone that knows how to solve this? (I got past the EndRandomSeed)

How did you do this with clover?

Also what crashed is the cpu power management

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

Purple lines take a while to go away give it time it take up to 5 minutes to load the installer.

Thank you, i will try it and report back.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 8:23 PM, Baio77 said:

I passed the language selection, disk utility and installed OS on NVME SSD

Me too, first reboot, I select language, macOS Check update, and loadbar return for 5s and reboot

can you test with no apfs partition please

4 minutes ago, YukiPowa said:

Me too, first reboot, I select language, macOS Check update, and loadbar return for 5s and reboot

What is that new kext?

24 minutes ago, mr.gotnolife said:

can u please attach your efi folder..

I have nothing exceptional in EFI, if I reach the desk I will immediately share my EFI, the base is the one posted on page 13, obviously in that EFI the kext are very old I have added them to the changelog version of now

Edited by Baio77

14 minutes ago, YukiPowa said:

I try for sure, thanks for the advice

Edited by Slice
don't cry

ok i am no expert but found a guys "Working EFI" PLease try it and let me know if it works.. LOL in reddit they remove the links had to reach out to several people that got the link before mods removed it ...

Edited by fantomas
Read our forum rules, pls!
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, mr.gotnolife said:

ok i am no expert but found a guys "Working EFI" PLease try it and let me know if it works.. LOL in reddit they remove the links had to reach out to several people that got the link before mods removed it ...https://monokeith.top/?page_id=11

Tried the config.plist mentioned and nothing... don't boot, and crashed my Catalina boot too...

4 minutes ago, mr.gotnolife said:

At this point i am 100% sure..  Big sur installtion was done in a real mac.. Then drive booted in hackintosh right???

yes just used cyderdevs EFI with a few tweaks to boot, I'm now doing a ESXi install for my AMD System, so far so good!

2 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Tried the config.plist mentioned and nothing... don't boot, and crashed my Catalina boot too...

same .. happened to me .. but to fix my catalina i went to open core ,presed space bar now there would be a reset nvram option once i did that it rebooted and i tried to boot from my ssd again and my catalina booted perfectly.. 

1 minute ago, MacPato said:

yes just used cyderdevs EFI with a few tweaks to boot, I'm now doing a ESXi install for my AMD System, so far so good!

is there any way that i can get a img from which i can restore my disk so that i have big sur installed ??

1 minute ago, mr.gotnolife said:

same .. happened to me .. but to fix my catalina i went to open core ,presed space bar now there would be a reset nvram option once i did that it rebooted and i tried to boot from my ssd again and my catalina booted perfectly.. 

I didn't reset nvram, I used an old usb boot to boot again in my Catalina...

Just now, MorenoAv said:

I didn't reset nvram, I used an old usb boot to boot again in my Catalina...

Good .. i was just sharing my experience as a tried .. so that if someone does it and faces issue like me .. he knows how i fixed it .. in my case i had graphic glitchess before i reset nvram and after i tried booting to my catalina installtion via open core provided in that blog..   

• Like 1

The problem I'm seeing for most Mac Users is that they are installing it on a MacBook external drive and there seems to be an issue with Sata for some reason, a normal external SSD wouldn't boot at all for me on my hack, I had to put an Nvme in a PCIe slot of my Mac Pro and install it directly to that, transfer the drive out to the intel hack and it booted eventually. I didn't need the avoid defrag quirk at all, but both NVRAM entries were needed. 

Also I think one of the reasons why we can't install directly is because of the new update partition. I tried it and got as far as stage 2 after that it wouldn't boot anymore, I just got a blank screen.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1