[pre-release] macOS Big Sur in VMWare

1,188 posts in this topic

On 6/26/2020 at 5:45 AM, Max.1974 said:

We need delete this 2 lines?

Thanks im will try...

You don't need to delete it this way, when you get to the interface of Opencore, just tap "Space" on your keyboard, you will see the option to Clear NVRAM.

Make sure to update the config.plist accordingly.

Those 2 lines are needed for booting the OS, but they are blocking the Installer. You will need to add them back once you've installed the OS.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 5:55 AM, MacHackA said:

Is there anyway to fix this issue in Opencore version 0.6.0 i've tried -lilubetaall and avoidruntimedefrag 

My Coffeelake + (9th gen) laptop gets stuck here too with the same flag and quirks. Probably best to wait for the devs to work magic and support them in anyway we can.

As long as Catalina works Big Sur can wait. It’s only beta 1 and as we know a lot can and will change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Sherlocks said:

is there anyone who try to install Big Sur from latest Clover?

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

we asked for someone to build it but no luck yet 

• Like 1

Hey Guys, 

I managed to get Big Sur working. Here's how I did it (Shout out to all the devs working on this, by the way)

1. Downloaded the MacOS11 pre-built dmg from the russian applelife.ru forum

2. Downloaded the prebuilt big sur Open Core bootloader (from a subreddit) (Z390 I believe)

3. Replaced the config in the prebuilt OC folder with my own (Since the existing config.plist wouldn't have been compatible with mine)

4. I opened my config in proper tree, used the cmd+shift+r to adapt it to the prebuilt folders (Kexts, drivers etc) and then added the bootloader

5. I added the booter args to my own config so OC boots into kext compatibility mode

6. I cloned the russian Big sur dmg to an external hard drive using terminal 

7. I booted into OC and selected the external drive "Test"

8. I was able to boot into big sur no issues

9. I then cloned this complete install of Big Sur back to my original Catalina SSD and was able to boot no problem.

Key Takeaways

I strongly recommend using your config.plist as its specific to your machine. Using someone else's will rarely work

Let me know if you need help, clarification. This method worked for me but who's to say it might work for you

EDIT: I forgot to mention, you need to set the SMBios to iMac19,1 and generate a serial etc. I haven't tired MacPro7,1. That might work too 

Spoiler

Screenshot 2020-06-25 at 19.19.23.png

Screenshot 2020-06-25 at 21.02.21.png

• Like 5

I see many 'new' users completely ignoring our forum rules. But also some 'older' members doing so.

I would like you to pay attention to where you provide information. I see people sharing information from some unknown blogs which could appear just like promoting and this is something that we do not allow.

As well as posting links for 'alternative' solutions to install macOS Big Sur that contain direct links for some kind of modified dmgs. I would like to remind you that ONLY links that came from Apple's servers are allowed to be posted on the forum.

Any post which does not respect the forum rules will be deleted immediately and in the case of recidivism, the user sanctioned.

Thank you for your understanding.

BR

fantomas

• Like 10
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, DarkNeptune0 said:

So once the hard disk is restored with the Dmg image, can opencore load the kext or does it give problems like the installer?

No it won't give you an issues since OC can handle an already installed Big Sur in compatibility mode. I tried with the installer just to see, the apple logo loaded halfway and then it got stuck in a loop. 

4 minutes ago, BigSir said:

No it won't give you an issues since OC can handle an already installed Big Sur in compatibility mode. I tried with the installer just to see, the apple logo loaded halfway and then it got stuck in a loop

Have you tried to use any EFI that has worked for you, for example for Catalina, to load Big Sur?  Or do you need to have opencore along with the latest kexts?

8 minutes ago, DarkNeptune0 said:

Have you tried to use any EFI that has worked for you, for example for Catalina, to load Big Sur?  Or do you need to have opencore along with the latest kexts?

So I used the efi provided in that Z390 Big Sur OpenCore folder (0.6) And then I used the config.plist that I built using the OpenCore Tutorials for my machine. This Z390 Efi folder had all the latest supported kexts and opencore. The only thing I changed was the Config file. I've attached the EFI here 

EFI.zip

Edited by BigSir

4 minutes ago, BigSir said:

So I used the efi provided in that Z390 Big Sur OpenCore folder (0.6) And then I used the config.plist that I built using the OpenCore Tutorials for my machine. This Z390 Efi folder had all the latest supported kexts and opencore. The only thing I changed was the Config file. 

Can you send your efi so i can compare. thank you

1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

is there anyone who try to install Big Sur from latest Clover?

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

I try latest commit: stuck at +++++++++++++

I'm waiting for mew commit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

I try latest commit: stuck at +++++++++++++

I'm waiting for mew commit.

That's KSLR; kernel not finding a slice of free memory

With clover, I simply have to point to cloverx64.efi and I'm done. How to even install OpenCore? All I find are OpenCore EFI folder which I copied over to my EFI partition. However my PC is just unable to boot off it. I even manually added a boot entry using Haselo EasyUEFI but nothing happens even if I boot from that entry.

I try Rear  USB2 port, I can boot slowly to "Choose langage". 

I've to find a solution for USB3 before install macOS10.16 :whistle:

Someone knows how to fix USB3 issue on 10.16 Big Sur (Z390 Aorus Master). My USBports.kext (made with Hackintool) work on Catalina.
When minutes after stuck,   circle with slash appear :cry:

Spoiler

1.jpg

With clover, I simply have to point to cloverx64.efi and I'm done. How to even install OpenCore? All I find are OpenCore EFI folder which I copied over to my EFI partition. However my PC is just unable to boot off it. I even manually added a boot entry using Haselo EasyUEFI but nothing happens even if I boot from that entry.

https://dortania.github.io/getting-started/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm back after a day of test. Yesterday i had a good idea, i used my brother macbook pro, installed os big sur, using an external hd and in less than 2 hours it was done. After that i tried that hd in my z390 hack, obviously with an efi oc of course, and kaboom, finally at desktop, but but but black screen with backlights on and active sounds. Any idea to fix the screen?

Spoiler

photo_2020-06-26_07-26-34.thumb.jpg.241dd8c3b8ca4c0098a135debfd6f60e.jpg

On 6/26/2020 at 2:27 AM, Baio77 said:

I'm back after a day of test. Yesterday i had a good idea, i used my brother macbook pro, installed os big sur, using an external hd and in less than 2 hours it was done. After that i tried that hd in my z390 hack, obviously with an efi oc of course, and kaboom, finally at desktop, but but but black screen with backlights on and active sounds. Any idea to fix the screen?

Try with these bootflags and see if they work? I also noticed the screen was black for a while and I had to wait and then the apple logo appeared and I booted in. 

Spoiler

Screenshot 2020-06-25 at 21.02.21.png

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2020 at 10:16 AM, BigSir said:

Try with these bootflags and see if they work? I also noticed the screen was black for a while and I had to wait and then the apple logo appeared and I booted in. 

could putting Kext in L \ E be the solution ???

1 minute ago, Baio77 said:

could putting Kext in L \ E be the solution ???

I honestly couldn't tell you. I just used the kexts in the EFI and made sure they were in the config.plist. They were loaded off the EFI when I booted up rather than in L/E. I tested this just now with a Realtek8111 kext. So im guessing it won't do much. What are you getting in the verbose screen? any errors? or just booting into a black desktop?

3 minutes ago, BigSir said:

I honestly couldn't tell you. I just used the kexts in the EFI and made sure they were in the config.plist. They were loaded off the EFI when I booted up rather than in L/E. I tested this just now with a Realtek8111 kext. So im guessing it won't do much. What are you getting in the verbose screen? any errors? or just booting into a black desktop?

Getting started with black screen but I see lighting, I feel I am on the desk if I click on the keyboard I hear sounds I deduce the Kext are loaded then, sure it is a different speech from the injection of the kext

Just now, Baio77 said:

Getting started with black screen but I see lighting, I feel I am on the desk if I click on the keyboard I hear sounds I deduce the Kext are loaded then, sure it is a different speech from the injection of the kext

Ooh this sounds like a connector issue perhaps? Maybe try other ports on the graphics card? failing that i'd check you're running on compatibility mode (see my above bootloader screenshot) and you have the latest lilu and whatever green loaded as well. This happened with me and it turned out it was injecting the wrong port

2 minutes ago, BigSir said:

Ooh this sounds like a connector issue perhaps? Maybe try other ports on the graphics card? failing that i'd check you're running on compatibility mode (see my above bootloader screenshot) and you have the latest lilu and whatever green loaded as well. This happened with me and it turned out it was injecting the wrong port

First of all THANK YOU for the advice now post detailed pictures