[pre-release] macOS Big Sur in VMWare

1,188 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NewMoon said:

my AR9565 is ok ,but i put it in OC  KEXTS

how? I get conflict and then KP

noted:

for now I changed with fusion71au methods, open sealed and direct injet to /S/L/E 

but I'm sure everytime update OS must do this trick

Edited by pico joe

Hi guys, I'm trying to start Big Sur unsuccessfully.
I installed Big Sur DP2 on SSD via Vmware without problems, then I tried to install OpenCore following this tutorial:

however I noticed that as it starts it hangs on:

Spoiler

[PCI configuration end, bridges ..., devices ...]
I don't remember the values, as soon as I have a moment of time I write them down (if I remember correctly, it should be bridges 17 and device 13 or vice versa)

I'm starting it all up via USB.
What can it depend on? Do you know how to help me?

My configuration:
- i7 8700k
- Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7
- AMD RX580 8GB Nitro

On 7/5/2020 at 3:46 PM, bbmatias3 said:

Thanks again!! Worked flawlessly all u had to do us make some changes to the bios and it boots! Will have to change some kext 

hi I just tried your refi on my yoga 2 pro in never gets beyond  EXIT BS START

21 hours ago, pico joe said:

how? I get conflict and then KP

noted:

for now I changed with fusion71au methods, open sealed and direct injet to /S/L/E 

but I'm sure everytime update OS must do this trick

this is my oc6.0 for big sur,

1.csr-active-config : 77080000

2.you can use my IO80211Family.kext and ATH9KFixup.kext

3.if not driver,you run prelinkedkernel fix2.command

. run script (thanks to jackluke) BigSur prelinkedkernel fix2.command  --> reboot(you can see the wifi icons,but not driver )

wait you.

oc6.0big sur efi.zip

is there anyone who can help me setup an opencore bootloader?

my specs are 

Intel i5 10400

Gigabyte Z490 Vision G

16GB RGB G Skill Ram 3600MHZ

i have windows 10 on one partition and i can only get into it using clover, not opencore

when i use open core windows partition doesnt even show and i cant boot my existing os 10.15.5 or windows.

can someone help me from scratch please. i wanna upgrade to big sur 

EDIT: can i boot an existing install that i used clover on? are there any Z490 Kexts im missing? this is what i get from opencore. i cant get to boot anything

thumbnail_IMG_5852.jpg

Edited by Kaoman
added files
  • Haha 1

On 7/2/2020 at 11:11 PM, pico joe said:

I’m not sure but this what I do in BigSur Hackie to activated atheros40

csr-active-config : 77080000

1. run script (thanks to jackluke) BigSur prelinkedkernel fix2.command  --> reboot

2. run kext-droplet (thanks to chris1111) drag n drop IO80211Family.kext  —> reboot

3. open terminal

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext

sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext

sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext

and bump .. wifi ON

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 19.05.46.png

HELLO! beta1 AR9565 is ok,but the beta 3  wifi is off..must run 

sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext

HOW to do ?

22 minutes ago, NewMoon said:

HELLO! beta1 AR9565 is ok,but the beta 3  wifi is off..must run 

HOW to do ?

just follow the step .. and if you dont wont write manually in terminal. just execute this app to load the kext

Wi-Fi On.zip

On 7/21/2020 at 4:47 AM, markl18 said:

hi I just tried your refi on my yoga 2 pro in never gets beyond  EXIT BS START

Sorry I didn’t install via usb, I did a image restore, can’t post the link I got a warning 

• 1 month later...

Was busy with other stuff, work and otherwise, but now finally had the time to install macOS Big Sur Beta -- namely, what appears to be its latest DP6 Build/version - latest as of Sept 7th 2020.

Like often done in previous years with older Betas, I used an older, working VM - I installed it on top of older VM with macOS 10.13 High Sierra on it. :) 

Somehow, despite adding more RAM to the VM (actually, was fine with 3.2 GB using under 2 GB of that RAM but still upped to 4.1 GB, just in case) and adding 3 CPU cores to make them FOUR, the macOS 10.16 Big Sur Beta VM is laggy & slow at times, sometimes freezing for 3-4+ minutes doing certain actions before "unfreezing" on its own. When it is not frozen, it works well/fast.

Any ideas why this is, and how to fix, if at all possible?

Using a desktop PC with Intel Core i5 4-core CPU (Ivy Bridge), 32 GB of DDR3 RAM (with lots of RAM free), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, ver 2004 Host OS. The GPUs on this PC are Intel GPU (CPU built-in), plus AMD Radeon RX 480 (if that matters).

Big Sur Beta Guest OS is running on VMware Workstation Pro 15 latest version i.e. 15.5.6. macOS Unlocker is 3.0.2 or something like that, VMware Tools in VM are latest too.

Edited by Naki

Extra question -- if I update from macOS Big Sur Beta DP6 I have now to a newer Build, say DP7 or 8, will it fail same way Catalina Betas did last year in 2019?

If so, how to "rescue" the broken Big Sur Beta? Can I use a 2nd working macOS VM, like last year?

Does anybody here have fixed, Prelinked Kernel downloads like last year? :worried_anim:

On 7/25/2020 at 7:50 AM, Kaoman said:

Ok I managed to fix some things and finally getting to see something I like. It’s not much but I’m further. Can anybody help ? I dunno what this error means 

F8731164-8E60-44DB-A4C7-C86CA3403081.jpeg

I've got your same error.

• 3 weeks later...

Asking here too:

----

Using VMware Workstation 15.5.6, latest macOS Unlocker on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS. Old Intel Core i5 CPU (4 cores/4 threads), 32 GB RAM with lots of it free.

Trying to update from older DP6 Beta to latest DP8/PB4 Beta of macOS Big Sur, but VMware Workstation is currently stuck at Apple logo with progress done to around maybe 1/5th, 1/6th of the progress bar/100%, and won't move any further.

Like last year with the Catalina Betas, I assume/presume this is due to missing pre-linked Kernel issues?

Can somebody here give the per-linked kernel files for latest Big Sur DP8/PB4 Beta, please? :|

Along with steps on how to use an older/working Recsue VM to rescue the failing VM running the Big Sur Beta update?

Edited by Naki
  • Haha 1