[pre-release] macOS Big Sur in VMWare

1,188 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Zia said:

BUT I AM ALSO HAVING THE SAME ERROR IN CATALINA

First you have to put in your signature your hardware specifics, with that is more easy to the people helping you...

Edited by MorenoAv

Installed on a External SSD on my Macbook. All working, moved it over to my X299 Hack, changed AvoidRuntimeDefrag to false in config.. now it gets stuck here on boot. The last lines that's repeating is when i turned my Thunderbolt devices on and off.

Tried to boot with on, and also off. But still same freeze state.

Any clues here?

Spoiler

IMG_1960.jpg

Guest ricoc90
5 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yeah that's correct, it's just a matter of time but yet I was hoping that the system didn't froze in that stage, so far I only had luck to boot into the installer on my Haswell rig, no luck on the Skylake nor the IvyBridge yet.

I've reinstalled "Bugs? Sure!" about 7 times at this point on my mac mini and it takes between 30-60 minutes for the installation to proceed, another 30 minutes to complete the installation and then it will stay on "less than a minute remaining" for, well, you've guessed it, another 30 minutes or so. 

While it's still early on in the adaptation process, from what I have experienced and read here and on other sites, most of the problems with Big Sur are in the installation and not the operation of an installed operating system.  Given that, and barring any grand breakthroughs in the Clover/OpenCore development process, I think it's only a matter of time until we see the return of distros that have a fully-installed version of Big Sur that can be copied/installed to an APFS partition.  

Guest ricoc90

I guess the biggest issue will be this:

Internal changes

The most significant structural change inside Big Sur is that the boot System volume isn’t protected by SIP any more, but is a cryptographically signed APFS snapshot. You can’t just disable SIP and mount the System volume for writing, and there’s no way to boot a live System volume which you can write to. Instead, if you need to make changes to the contents of the macOS System volume, you’ll need to disable its authentication in Recovery Mode, mount it, make any changes, create an APFS snapshot, then use that to boot from. Step-by-step instructions for doing this will no doubt emerge in coming days.

https://eclecticlight.co/2020/06/24/big-sur-and-apple-silicon-interesting-times-ahead/

24 minutes ago, luki1979 said:

Ok I got OC 0.6.0 and for two hours I worked on my EFI but there is no USB Drive to choose when OC boots, it only showing internal Nvme with Catalina

here is my EFi, I'm new to OC

EFI.zip

41 minutes ago, kampav said:

Same error 

I don't know exactly what the error would be, but if my OpenCore 0.6.0 EFI is of any use to you, here it is.  It works perfectly in Mojave and in Big Sur it goes much further.

Just add the SMBios values, in the PlatformInfo section.

My laptop is Lenovo model Ideapad L340 15IWL , i3-8145U, UHD 620.

EFI-0.6.0.zip

Edited by DarkNeptune0

2 minutes ago, DarkNeptune0 said:

I don't know exactly what the error would be, but if my OpenCore 0.6.0 EFI is of any use to you, here it is.  It works perfectly in Mojave and in Big Sur it goes much further.

EFI-0.6.0.zip

Sadly I use Clover, not opencore 

21 minutes ago, luki1979 said:

Ok I got OC 0.6.0 and for two hours I worked on my EFI but there is no USB Drive to choose when OC boots, it only showing internal Nvme with Catalina

here is my EFi, I'm new to OC

EFI.zip

Try this modified EFI, if it works...EFI.zip

I have just cleaned up your EFI and made small changes, may not be perfect but give it a try...

Edited by manmo71

On 6/26/2020 at 2:11 AM, YukiPowa said:

SUCCESSFULL !!! WORKING on my Hackintosh Z390M Gaming

Was this a clean install or was it using a VM or real mac and then transferred the HDD to a hackintosh after install.

On 6/25/2020 at 12:57 PM, dariuxzy said:

Sono bloccato qui con il mio portatile

i5-4210u 

HD 4400

EFI.zip

On 6/25/2020 at 6:28 PM, DarkNeptune0 said:

Just add the SMBios values, in the PlatformInfo section.

EFI-0.6.0.zip

@DarkNeptune0the error is this ... I also put my EFI, which works perfectly with Catalina but with Big Sur I have this problem (I'm on OC)

Spoiler

20200625_175307.jpg

On 6/26/2020 at 2:11 AM, YukiPowa said:

SUCCESSFULL !!! WORKING on my Hackintosh Z390M Gaming

Can you please share your EFI folder? Are you using Clover or OpenCore? If opencore, what version?

thank u ;) 

5 minutes ago, manmo71 said:

Was this a clean install or was it using a VM or real mac and then transferred the HDD to a hackintosh after install.

I have download dmg of other pepole and I dd to my partition ahah

1 minute ago, tore2003 said:

Can you please share your EFI folder? Are you using Clover or OpenCore? If opencore, what version?

thank u ;) 

Opencore https://monokeith.top/?page_id=11

Edited by YukiPowa

1 minute ago, YukiPowa said:

I have download dmg of other pepole and I dd to my partition ahah

Yup, it sounds like the way to get this installed is to download a cryptographically signed APFS snapshot of an installation made on.a real Mac.