1,191 posts in this topic

Advertisement
1 minute ago, CMMChris said:

No need for the Beta Access Utility:

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Resources/seedutil enroll DeveloperSeed

Oh wow, I just checked on my Catalina beta enrolled system and it's available without me doing anything. They really are just using this pref.

Those braver than me, good luck.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, gengik84 said:

you have add beta argument?

Big sur isn't supported by default... lilu etc..

What do you mean, by beta argument @gengik84 ?

And there are a new version of Lilu. WhateverGreen, ALC, VirtualSmc?

Edited by MorenoAv

Ok, now I Know, thanks @gengik84...

Painfull slow download... but it's going, all the people around the world is downloading it too...

Spoiler

Captura de ecrã 2020-06-22, às 21.48.11.png

On 6/22/2020 at 5:52 PM, CMMChris said:

No it's not. 10.16 for x86, 11.0 for ARM.

Btw: All bootloaders are dead for now. Big Sur doesn't boot with Clover and OpenCore.

I have Installer.app all is Install correct but

Spoiler

175644687_Capturedcranle2020-06-2216_54_14.png.ec30b591e53c3a6e8f307a64820cf4be.png

1599113260_Capturedcranle2020-06-2216_58_48.png.f378c33b1fbc5933ebdfad61619d5cfa.png

=its not show at the gui Clover :help:

Apple did their homework this time, i am trying to download the beta right now, but getting it to work on an hackintosh will not be easy

Opencore is currently broken due to a new kernel, so will have to wait for an update, I suspect it won't be for a while.

Intel will be supported for 7 years at least, and kext families won't be dropped straight away. I'm sure the dev's will fix it. stuff has broke before

Posted (edited)

It has been announced by Apple a year back that from 10.16 some kext families (for example network drivers) will not be supported any longer. Developers are forced to use user space driver extensions for them. I am not aware of any dext versions of for example USB wifi drivers yet. So definitely a problem.

Edited by CMMChris

Just now, CMMChris said:

It has been announced by Apple a year back that from 10.16 some kext families (for example network drivers) will not be supported any longer. Developers are forced to use user space driver extensions for them.

oh I see what you mean, so they moved to DriverKit

55 minutes ago, CMMChris said:

It has been announced by Apple a year back that from 10.16 some kext families (for example network drivers) will not be supported any longer. Developers are forced to use user space driver extensions for them. I am not aware of any dext versions of for example USB wifi drivers yet. So definitely a problem.

Yeah USB drivers need to move to user space. However, the usual Intel/Relteak onboard stuff is PCIe and still supported as is.

Create Install Media works with a SMBIOS compatible

MacBook

2015 and later

MacBook Air

2013 and later

MacBook Pro

Late 2013 and later

Mac mini

2014 and later

iMac

2014 and later

iMac Pro

2017 and later

(all models)

Mac Pro

2013 and later

but Red screen at clover boot :moil:

Spoiler

screenshot1.thumb.png.ebd2bc2af9d5f8b5827c9a5881e02cf0.png

hi..

please...which is the script to make the  create install media..for big sur..?

thanks

c.frio

2 minutes ago, C.Frio said:

hi..

please...which is the script to make the  create install media..for big sur..?

thanks

c.frio

the same as Catalina

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, r!ppz said:

However, the usual Intel/Relteak onboard stuff is PCIe and still supported as is.

Transport route / bus doesn't matter. KEXT family does. Network KEXTs are deprecated since Catalina and likely unsupported in Bug Sur. Apple's network drivers have partially transitioned to DEXTs with Catalina already.

Edited by CMMChris

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By chris1111
      Here my theme of OC 

### Dark version Selector Low

### Dark version Selector Top

### Dark version Selector GreenLight

### Light version Selector Low

### Light version Selector Top

Resources-Dark-S-Low.zip
      Resources-Dark-S-Top.zip
      Resources-Light-S-Low.zip
      Resources-Light-S-Top.zip
      Resources-Dark-S-Green-Light.zip
    • By Brathering
      Hi All,

What happened to esxi-unlocker? I tried to find the latest version (3.0.2 which apparently has fixes for ESXi 7.0) but I can't find it anywhere. 

I found a github page but it only contains some of the contents of the full tgz archive and in a "File unlocker.tgz does not exist" error.

So where did it go? Does anyone have a copy of 3.0.2?
    • By EmriBG
      Hello everyone,
      I found a guide on how to install Catalina on Lenovo M920q, everything works well but the installation is freezing up.
      The USB bootable drive is a recovery one with internet based installation. The internet is working well on the pre-installation setup (I tested it, when you can use the utilities).
      The installation is freezing whether I am installing the macOS or not.
      I've attached my EFI partition so you can check if there's anything to add.
      Will realy appreciate any kind of help (quit noob to the whole thing).
      Thanks in advance and stay safe!

NOTE: I did followed up the troubleshooting guide of OpenCore installation forum and the answer was to add the  NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to the kexts and configure it on the .plist file.
      This is the original EFI folder: EFI.zip
      Thats the one with the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext added: EFI.zip

• By tlefko
      Site
      checkout our official site! https://twortech.wixsite.com/pcmac Version Info
      This build is compatible up to Big Sur Beta
      Now Compatible with macOS 11 Please leave feedback with issues or w/o Comitted to Updating up to OS 11 Latest Release Notes
      Fixed Bluetooth and Wifi Stability Issues Improved Preformance and Power Managements Can Provide Files for Display Overrides Additional Patches for 4K Display updated for Big Sur if using unsupported wifi card disable it in bios use config.plist FIXED SLEEP WAKE BUG Exact same functionality as Catalina What Works / Does Not
      Everything works minus in-built mic Some displays may be detected as 40hz (working on fix) Notes
      Never tested USB C over Display Output, everything else works flawlessly USB devices eject on sleep (not really an issue) POST
      run sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 If no mouse, install all voodoo kexts using Kext Utility Description
      This esentially an ultra-simplistic version that is stable without the use of a deploy or complicated file installations and copies. You can easily view all the SSDT patches along with configuration files for the bootloader as they are all documented clearly in the files. This does include a copy of Clover, which of course I do not contribute to and am only responsible for the provided files, patches, and kext placements This guide provides a working setup with little knowledge of the topic and without "optimization" (because often they can break things). But, it is fully functional and preforms properly and is stable Make sure you are using DW1560 for wifi or else KP. If not using remove BRCM kexts from CLOVER>kexts>other. BIOS Setup
      Disable Secure Boot INSTALL (VERY IMPORTANT)
      Due to structural changes in the setup of apple's Big sur, this EFI cannot boot the installer it can only boot into a system / device that has already been created and setup. To do this, you need to install Big Sur to a virtual machine (lots of guides online) and then create an dmg of that system, and restore it onto your HDD using the 'dd' command There are various guides online how to get this virtual machine setup complete. You can then use the attached EFI folder to boot and use macOS big Sur You can use this video to show you how to get your macOS pre-installed onto your hard drive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMU3nhcbWHw Boot Entry Setup
      Due to the fact this BIOS is locked down pretty heavily, reccomended to use Windows to find a free tool to add UEFI boot entries Messages and Facetime
      Gnerate your own Serials, Board Numbers, MLB There are various guides online to do this and as default they're set to essentially Null (Fakeserial) This is fairly straightforward and there is lots of external recourses, or you can contact me for support. Headphones and Audio
      All audio from speakers should work perfectly along with Bluetooth and USB audio no internal mic Credits
      MaLd0n for DSDT Patches (HUGE SHOUTOUT) Original Kext Authors Clover Team Finished!
      Congratulations, there really aren't any more steps that are required. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Donations
      Send me a coffee/beer lefkotyler@gmail.com  

*check GitHub for latest releases and faster support https://github.com/tlefko/HP-Envy-13-Big-Sur
      EFI.zip
    • By tlefko
      News
      In light of the recent WWDC, we will begin testing the functionality of our EFI on macOS 11 for this device with the latest developer preview Version Info
      Features and Overview
      Now Compatible with 10.15.6 Please leave feedback with issues or w/o Comitted to Updating up to OS 11 Multitouch Trackpad Support 4K @60 Hz Fixed Bluetooth and Wifi Stability Issues Preformance and Power Management Additional Patches for 4K Display updated for 15.6 rev 1 Sleep Wake is functional for some models ----if screen glitches on wake or reopen lid. If this is a bother just disable sleep. This is issue is resolved in Big Sur Bugs
      Some models may experience screen split in half. If so disable. USB devices eject (external) No Internal Mic What Works
      Everything minus sleep issue above, internal microphone. (audio is fine, headphones / usb mic fine, just not laptop mic) POST
      run sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
      Description
      This esentially an ultra-simplistic version that is stable without the use of a deploy or complicated file installations and copies. You can easily view all the DSDT patches along with configuration files for the bootloader as they are all documented clearly in the files. This does include a copy of Clover, which of course I do not contribute to and am only responsible for the provided files, patches, and kext placements This guide provides a working setup with little knowledge of the topic and without "optimization" (because often they can break things). But, it is fully functional and preforms properly and is stable.
      Unsupported Wifi
      Make sure you are using DW1560 or 1820a for wifi or else there is a risk of KP. If not using remove BRCM kexts from CLOVER>kexts>other Styling
      This guide is designed to be literally as thorough as possible to appeal all types of users. It does not cover complex topics like undervolting etc etc only to provide a completely functional system
      Notes
      Never tested USB C except for charging, USB, works great (not sure about DispOut) 4K model has sleep wake issues occasionally, 1080P is fully functional BIOS
      Disable Secure Boot Disable Vt-d Recommended: Clean Install (Preinstall steps)
      Format a USB (16GB) as Journaled and then proceed to download the latest Catalina Installer Patcher Application. Download the latest Catalina installer from within the Patcher App, and select to download a new copy and install to your USB device Download the clover configurator application and mount the EFI of the USB partition, then copy the contents of the Files linked above to A new EFI Folder (that you create) within the EFI partition. ** This is because the App Store installers will often not download a full installer, just an truncated version that downloads the installer files from the interent while installing. Thus, they're not bootable from a USB as they're not complete. That is why you should use this method to make sure the installer is usable for bootable media.
      Boot From USB
      Use f9, copy EFI folder to efi partition of your usb. after installation complete copy EFI to your ssd. Boot Entry Setup
      Reccomend using windows to find a tool to add a UEFI bios entry to boot EFI/Boot/bootx64 Credits
      @MaLd0n for DSDT Patches and support (HUGE SHOUTOUT) Original Kexts Authors Clover Headphones and Audio
      All audio from speakers should work perfectly along with Bluetooth and USB audio Finished!
      Congratulations, there really aren't any more steps that are required. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
      Donations
      Send me a coffee lefkotyler@gmail.com
      EFI Catalina.zip

**for latest releases and faster replies please refer to GitHub https://github.com/tlefko/HP-ENVY-13-2020-Catalina