Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, btwise said:

@ndk

Why haven't you updated OpenCore synchronously for many days?

Well, you can guess...

1st hypothesis would be he's really busy with some real life thing... 

2nd hypothesis, (suggested by my sick brain, and some other Sci-fi novel), would be, given the latest OC releases, in which as originally stated by them, any of the modified behaviour ported by ndk would never take place (as not needed), are almost all included now, wasting time to just have a background at boot is not really worth it.

But again i'm watching too many marvels s**t lately, so i'm not very lucid :P

Take my 1st as the good one ...

Edited by LAbyOne
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

Well, you can guess...

2nd hypothesis, (suggested by my sick brain, and some other Sci-fi novel), would be, given the latest OC releases, in which as originally stated by them, any of the modified behaviour ported by ndk would never take place (as not needed), are almost all included now, wasting time to just have a background at boot is not really worth it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

Well, you can guess...

And NdkBootPicker in the future :cry: 

Hi I am new to hackintosh and my first post here.

I have 3 OS - windows, mac and pop!os booting from ndkbootpicker.

Can anyone tell me how can I change the name of OS and also the icon for OS.

I know that I have to write full path of OS EFI in config.plist under MISC/Entries/ like PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/NVMe(0x1,11-22-33-44-55-66-77-88)/HD(1,GPT,00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000,0x800,0x64000)/\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI.

How do I find the path for my OS EFI in different partitions and how to change the icon in EFI bootpicker.

Any help or reference to guide will be really helpful.

Cheers!!!

Amit

3 hours ago, aky said:

Hi I am new to hackintosh and my first post here.

I have 3 OS - windows, mac and pop!os booting from ndkbootpicker.

Can anyone tell me how can I change the name of OS and also the icon for OS.

I know that I have to write full path of OS EFI in config.plist under MISC/Entries/ like PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/NVMe(0x1,11-22-33-44-55-66-77-88)/HD(1,GPT,00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000,0x800,0x64000)/\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI.

How do I find the path for my OS EFI in different partitions and how to change the icon in EFI bootpicker.

Any help or reference to guide will be really helpful.

Cheers!!!

Amit

For the NDK Fork, press F9 on the GUI interface to get the path information for each bootable system, which will be saved in the current EFI partition

• Like 2

Hello,

I know this thread is about the boot picker but since it covers multi booting, I would like to ask some help.

I have a working OC 0.5.8 hack and it works great. I would like to add a second SSD for Windows 10 specifically. What would be the recommended way of installing? I cannot unplug my macOS NVMe SSD because it is installed at the back of the motherboard. I would need to remove all components to do that.

Should I just install Windows 10 directly to my second SSD? Would it not affect the EFI of the macOS drive?

TIA.

1 hour ago, insanefrancis said:

Hello,

I know this thread is about the boot picker but since it covers multi booting, I would like to ask some help.

I have a working OC 0.5.8 hack and it works great. I would like to add a second SSD for Windows 10 specifically. What would be the recommended way of installing? I cannot unplug my macOS NVMe SSD because it is installed at the back of the motherboard. I would need to remove all components to do that.

Should I just install Windows 10 directly to my second SSD? Would it not affect the EFI of the macOS drive?

TIA.

Think of the second SSD as a separate hard drive and install your WINDOWS in the state of one. OC will automatically recognize it!

Tread very carefully as windows can over write the boot files or worst case scenario cause corruption. In an ideal situation is to isolate the disk you're not installing to, but not so easy in your case as you pointed out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Tread very carefully as windows can over write the boot files or worst case scenario cause corruption. In an ideal situation is to isolate the disk you're not installing to, but not so easy in your case as you pointed out.

I don't know how you install Windows, start the Windows PE environment, use winntsetup, load the iso file, choose the boot partition, choose the installation target partition, everything is up to you to decide, will never break other systems, very simple thing!

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, btwise said:

I don't know how you install Windows, start the Windows PE environment, use winntsetup, load the iso file, choose the boot partition, choose the installation target partition, everything is up to you to decide, will never break other systems, very simple thing!

Mind expanding your installation procedure? I really can't install (always error out) Windows 10 on my second SATA SSD. Others confirmed it's not possible unless I disconnect other drives. My macOS is installed in the M.2 slot at the back of motherboard. So disconnecting is my last option.

Thanks.

• Like 1

It seems obvious btwise is an expert at dual booting windows with OS X so hopefully as you wish he could extend the process fully. In the past I have dual boot windows and OS X with both on the same disk (Not a claim to be an expert) and on respective drives and I have learnt the hard way that it is good practice to remove any other disk you're not installing to. Windows has the tendency to be the dominant OS and will try to over write the boot files of another OS. By removing other disks minimise this risk, also as you're finding out, if another OS is present the install will error out but I dare say our friend btwise has a tip for that also and will come to your rescue so all is not lost. Good luck.

Edited by eSaF
bad grammer

I am not sure if I am in the right forum, there seems to be so many forks of OPenCore

when building opencore ndk 

Build environment: Darwin-19.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit

Build start time: 20:45:51, May.19 2020

WORKSPACE        = /Users/osxi7/Downloads/OpenCorePkg-master/edk2

EDK_TOOLS_PATH   = /Users/osxi7/Downloads/OpenCorePkg-master/edk2/BaseTools

CONF_PATH        = /Users/osxi7/Downloads/OpenCorePkg-master/edk2/Conf

PYTHON_COMMAND   = /usr/bin/python3

Processing meta-data .

Architecture(s)  = X64

Build target     = DEBUG

Toolchain        = XCODE5

Active Platform          = /Users/osxi7/Downloads/OpenCorePkg-master/edk2/OpenCorePkg/OpenCorePkg.dsc

build.py...

/Users/osxi7/Downloads/OpenCorePkg-master/edk2/OpenCorePkg/OpenCorePkg.dsc(44): error 000E: File/directory not found in workspace

/Users/osxi7/Downloads/OpenCorePkg-master/edk2/MacInfoPkg/Library/MacInfoLib/MacInfoLib.inf

- Failed -

Build end time: 20:45:51, May.19 2020

xcode version

Version 11.5 beta 2 (11N605f)

https://github.com/n-d-k/OpenCorePkg

I also wish to ask I have a version of NDK opencore Release 0.59 it doesnt have light or dark icon choice just a pack of icons is there more than one fork of 

Screenshot 2020-05-19 at 21.30.49.png

Edited by osxone

4 hours ago, osxone said:

I am not sure if I am in the right forum, there seems to be so many forks of OPenCore

Build environment: Darwin-19.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit

Build start time: 20:45:51, May.19 2020

WORKSPACE        = /Users/osxi7/Downloads/OpenCorePkg-master/edk2

EDK_TOOLS_PATH   = /Users/osxi7/Downloads/OpenCorePkg-master/edk2/BaseTools

CONF_PATH        = /Users/osxi7/Downloads/OpenCorePkg-master/edk2/Conf

PYTHON_COMMAND   = /usr/bin/python3

Processing meta-data .

Architecture(s)  = X64

Build target     = DEBUG

Toolchain        = XCODE5

Active Platform          = /Users/osxi7/Downloads/OpenCorePkg-master/edk2/OpenCorePkg/OpenCorePkg.dsc

build.py...

/Users/osxi7/Downloads/OpenCorePkg-master/edk2/OpenCorePkg/OpenCorePkg.dsc(44): error 000E: File/directory not found in workspace

/Users/osxi7/Downloads/OpenCorePkg-master/edk2/MacInfoPkg/Library/MacInfoLib/MacInfoLib.inf

- Failed -

Build end time: 20:45:51, May.19 2020

xcode version

Version 11.5 beta 2 (11N605f)

https://github.com/n-d-k/OpenCorePkg

I also wish to ask I have a version of NDK opencore Release 0.59 it doesnt have light or dark icon choice just a pack of icons is there more than one fork of 

Screenshot 2020-05-19 at 21.30.49.png

Same results here.

image.png.59c52e9422ae75e0ecab527184f91b38.png

image.png

Edited by Monyo

9 hours ago, osxone said:

5 hours ago, Monyo said:

Same results here

NDK repo is not update since few week (NDK-Opencore and NDKBootPicker): the only latest release are NDK OpenCore 0.5.8 and NDKBootPicker for OpenCore 0.5.8. :cry:

8 hours ago, osxone said:

Well actually there is Only one branch of OC and is the one you'r actually posting in,

then, wouldn't be a bad idea if you took the time to read a bit around this thread, just to have at least an idea of what's going on...

Anyway his fork as it is should build normally since it's around 2 weeks ndk Does not update his OC fork...

and around one month for the bootpicker 

Looking at the names your directories have i would suppose there's something wrong in the way you get them,

OpenCorePkg-master is nowhere to be found simply because it does not exists.

If you are not familiar on how to get files from git, you will find plenty of informations just reading a few posts.

If you'r trying to get the bootpicker working with last OC (official) just forget it...

it will never happen, 

to get a working copy you should get the branch for 0.5.8 from git and build against it.

8 hours ago, osxone said:

Themes/Default is the directory where you have all the icons, and its still there, 

5 hours ago, Monyo said:

Same results here.

Not to be rude but  since you as far as i can see, you just have 2 posts in this forum, wouldn't be a bad idea to first reading around, 

As I just suggested to Oxone, same goes for you

• Like 1

I am sorry but your comment does not make much sense

I do not see from the posters comment above how he or she can see if we had been reading round or not? why are there different versions? of NDK? why is it on the same link? I provided a link to source I provided a reference and only , and I mean only once I had read extenisvely did I seek help. On the other hand you made an assumption, to suggest for some reason that you felt we had not read or researched. If I was producing a fork of Open core and someone else was using my fork with the same name, then I would be wishing to try and find out who plagurized my version?

I am a consultant by trade, I always do my research first then if I get stuck or need clarity I ask an expert for advise.

In my trade we see alot of fake copies, and we are keen to stamp it out

thanks for your help and your not being rude, just slight of hand! 

regards

• Confused 1

more about this version of opencore ndk which does not complie

1010768320_Screenshot2020-05-20at11_37_50.png.2f833d52240aaee83a3f430f60307254.png821972848_Screenshot2020-05-20at11_38_20.png.5859a9c7f3f7b8a415c7a171144007f2.png

This version of openCore which links to this website does not compile there is an error as stated in my previous post can the developer kindly look into the error code 

5 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

where is NDK ?

why he is not updating his fork?

Remember .... we're not in normal world at moment.

Let's a hope he is safe, well and healthy and not worrying about OC.

Edited by MacNB
  • Like 6