Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

@antuneddu - Are you using the modded version as your daily driver or the official one? Like you said, I also never had a problem but experimented with the modded version, I did use NDK's version when he was active in his Thread.

4 minutes ago, makk said:

have to find a good woman now....lol ;)

My friend those species are very hard to find.:lol:

• Haha 2

@eSaF right now I have put on the current ndk but I repeat I do not notice any difference
otherwise I use the official stable one, also because if not it becomes too demanding for me: release,  dev/nightly  then also ndk and I forgot I also use clover ... too many things :w00t:

after a while I delete everything and stay with the official release and that's it 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@antuneddu - Are you using the modded version as your daily driver or the official one? Like you said, I also never had a problem but experimented with the modded version, I did use NDK's version when he was active in his Thread.

My friend those species are very hard to find.:lol:

@eSaF  true, very much.. must be blessed to find one I think....hahaha

12 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

@makk this master   ef7970b was udate 2 days ago

Reveal hidden contents

1504752142_Schermata2022-04-11alle11_03_28.png.0078711cdf1bbb3cd1199363c512a649.png

strange I do not know if you have everything you need, if you still have the master try calmly to recompile it

I'll try to recompile but forgot how to... hahaha, been busy with the wrong things in life... hahaha

NDK didn't download and build, but I have the file...

for the new one, I'm going to have to go to school...hahaha, no skills

• Like 1

quick question!

I am using ProtonVPN and lately my browsers are talking Russian! lol...

when I disconnect from ProtonVPN returns to normal English.  

This switch started back about two months ago and is not always so, but everynow and then it happens.

Is anyone else experiencing this kind of switch with ProtonVPN?

@antuneddu

As far as NDK updates, I suppose it is on a repo at github?

I am trying to recompile the master and found I might have the wrong version of Xcode App.. was for Monterey

on Big Sur..lol..haha

I can understand your busy. Thank you! Really Thanks again!

@antuneddu 

Need your expertise for this OpenCore.

When I installed WIndows again, WIndows BCD hijacked OC.

What settings prevent this in this MOD?

I set ProtectSecureBoot to true. 

Plus do you have a good NVMexxx.kext?  The one from Acidanthera seems to not work. Had 3 panics.

Hi, if you are looking for an expert then you have the wrong address 😅

Did you reinstall Winows and now it boot  first?
Are they on the same  disk OC & WIN  ? I mean do they have a shared EFI ?

Like this

1916789825_Schermata2022-04-13alle15_58_13.png.411997ea1d00a5fd259691759232ecce.png

Edited by antuneddu

21 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

Hi, if you are looking for an expert then you have the wrong address 😅

Did you reinstall Winows and now it boot  first?
Are they on the same OC & WIN disk ? I mean do they have a shared EFI ?

Like this

1916789825_Schermata2022-04-13alle15_58_13.png.411997ea1d00a5fd259691759232ecce.png

@antuneddu

Hi! Yes on same disk, different partitions.

I have another HP with same setup but no problems anymore

My Acer, I had to reinstall Windows because Disk Utility had malfunction and erased entire disk to create a partition.... strange..

Yes I just finished installing Catalina on here and so I have Catalina, Big Sur, Windows temporary setup until I go get another drive.

My Intel SSD M2 needs an upgrade and I think it needs to be sold.

How is everything?

It could be that Winx overwrote ... copy the Microsoft and Boot  folder to the desktop ... leave only the OC folder in the EFI and this BOOT.zip ( from N.D.K ... are you using this OC right? )

Restart , OC should start ... once inside copy the Microsoft folder you saved earlier on the desk, in the EFI together with the Boot and OC folder
restart see if it goes

4 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

It could be that Winx overwrote ... copy the Microsoft and Boot  folder to the desktop ... leave only the OC folder in the EFI and this BOOT.zip ( from N.D.K ... are you using this OC right? )

Restart , OC should start ... once inside copy the Microsoft folder you saved earlier on the desk, in the EFI together with the Boot and OC folder
restart see if it goes

@antuneddu

Hi ok I'll fix that after I fix this 

problem with my NVMe issue.

IONVMeFamily.kext and another dependent kext is having a fit  panics then shuts down.

haha.... fun day..

Thank you!

Edited by makk

1 hour ago, makk said:

I forgot, I have MOD OC....haha

I totally agree with @antuneddu in a previous post, sticking with official OC versions for the time being until OC Devs implements (if ever) the features of the OC modded version, as you see, confusion can/will be a downfall if one doesn't remember or check what version they are using.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, eSaF said:

I totally agree with @antuneddu in a previous post, sticking with official OC versions for the time being until OC Devs implements (if ever) the features of the OC modded version, as you see, confusion can/will be a downfall if one doesn't remember or check what version they are using.

@eSaF agree... some features in 80 throughout are not straightened out causing issues here. how about you?

I'm sticking with 79 MOD because of Windows boot issue.

I have for the time being dual boot on same drive which OC MOD worked well on my HP Probook.

But on my Acer whole 'nother story. NVRAM issue.

As soon as I clear NVRAM on Acer the configs set in OC Mod are erased ?? or not working? Hell I don't know...Don't have Xray..

I don't have the Debug version of 7.9 here of the MOD.

I downloaded thanks to Antuneddu the build but it did not farewell.  Maybe the version of Xcode? Or perhaps I did not do all installs properly for

getting the build to work.

@eSaF  I'm working on getting Nvidia Gefore GTX 1050Ti Paschal arch to at least load so I can have HDMI out in Catalina.

I found a post in another site where there was success but no acceleration.. what does that mean? 

there is metal, gl, and the other one.

As for the build of MOD OC, does it require all the dev tools apps as stated?

Thanks

10 hours ago, antuneddu said:

🙈 🤦‍♂️ 😆 

@antuneddu yabba daba doo! haha

44 minutes ago, makk said:

@eSaF agree... some features in 80 throughout are not straightened out causing issues here. how about you?

Sorry Pal, I don't use OC Modded version, tried it, worked ok but decided to stick with the official Opencore version. If the Developers of OC decides to include 'EnableForAll' section in the config.plist in the future, then obviously I will move to use it. I know @MaLd0n is a big advocate for using the Modded version for good reason specially when Multi-Booting different OS's, but like I said I am OK with the official OC version on my system.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Sorry Pal, I don't use OC Modded version, tried it, worked ok but decided to stick with the official Opencore version. If the Developers of OC decides to include 'EnableForAll' section in the config.plist in the future, then obviously I will move to use it. I know @MaLd0n is a big advocate for using the Modded version for good reason specially when Multi-Booting different OS's, but like I said I am OK with the official OC version on my system.

Ok

Works for dual booting on same drive.

Laptop here. Not going to boot from external unless NVMe drive that is hotswappable on the fly.

9 hours ago, makk said:

Ok

Works for dual booting on same drive.

Laptop here. Not going to boot from external unless NVMe drive that is hotswappable on the fly.

The option "EnableForAll" is for enable or to disable the ACPI ssdt files for all OS or only for macOS. You can always insert a coin in Google gamble machine?

- ACPI patches and Booter Quirks are optional for non macOS with setting ACPI->Quirks->EnableForAll / Booter->Quirks->EnableForAll to yes (default is no).

- SMBIOS and Device Properties patches will only applied to macOS.

There I have found that information too. And also that you can use OCC to configure this Mod with Develop mode so you will keep the 2 most important options (quirks) in this mod. B.t.w. 0.8.0 works very well on my Hack too with booting Windows 11 and macOS. So you have the latest (faked)firmware too in macOS.

Edited by Planet X
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Planet X said:

The option "EnableForAll" is for enable or to disable the ACPI ssdt files for all OS or only for macOS. You can always insert a coin in Google gamble machine?

- ACPI patches and Booter Quirks are optional for non macOS with setting ACPI->Quirks->EnableForAll / Booter->Quirks->EnableForAll to yes (default is no).

- SMBIOS and Device Properties patches will only applied to macOS.

There I have found that information too. And also that you can use OCC to configure this Mod with Develop mode so you will keep the 2 most important options (quirks) in this mod. B.t.w. 0.8.0 works very well on my Hack too with booting Windows 11 and macOS. So you have the latest (faked)firmware too in macOS.

@Planet X

My goodness! 

Thank you.  

However, Now I have Catalina set to Recovery Mode after fine tuning configs.

[EB|`LD:LF] FIO: 0, DIR: 1, P: \\5C5999FE-9D93-4B0D-8684-63109342A0EF\\System\\Library\\CoreServices\\PlatformSupport.plist, DP: 0

Should be:

For selecting to and booting Big Sur is this:

[EB.LD.LF|IN] 0 1 <"\\2F1DD06D-944C-41FE-B2AD-100616FD0652\\System\\Library\\CoreServices\\PlatformSupport.plist"> <"0">

EB.LD.LF|IN] 0 1 <"System\\Library\\Caches\\com.apple.corestorage\\EncryptedRoot.plist.wipekey"> <"0">

[EB.LD.LF|IN] 0 1 <"\\2F1DD06D-944C-41FE-B2AD-100616FD0652\\System\\Library\\CoreServices\\com.apple.Boot.plist"> <"0">

Notice the end:>  <"0"> on Big Sur Boot up and Catalina with:>  0

Not selecting internally on OC to boot Catalina

This is after I fined tuned the configs.

Have to find the option that triggered this

As I am constantly updating to Nightly OC Master releases, I wonder if the Modded versions are updated in step with the same timely fashion. I am open to giving it another shot but loathed to keep building the releases then importing to OCAT to update which I don't have to with the normal OC version.

• Like 2