Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cursichell@ said:

Hello there and thank you for the amazing job with the BootPicker. One question for you. How do you remove the Date and Time during bookpicker ( black background ) in the upper right corner there is date and time. 

Thank you.

There's no option to remove it.

1 minute ago, n.d.k said:

There's no option to remove it.

There's gotta be something I can do to remove that... How this was added in the first place? Thank you for answering though. And again very nice job with the picker... 

22 minutes ago, Cursichell@ said:

There's gotta be something I can do to remove that... How this was added in the first place? Thank you for answering though. And again very nice job with the picker... 

You can comment out or delete lines 1476, 2755 and 2759 in the NdkBootPicker.c file before compiling.

Edited by n.d.k

Hello, i have three questions.

1) How can i change the date?

2) How can i change windows --> Windows 10 icon? ( i have a custom windows 10 entry disabled, should i enable it?)

3) I noticed that since NdkOpenCore 0.5.6 there is a big delay from my mobos splash screen to enter OpenCore. Also from the moment i boot into OC i need to wait 3-4 sec before my keyboard / mouse become usable. (Same happend with recovery it needs a lot of time to boot) is this something wrong on my end or is it a known thing?

Cheers and thanks for this fork. Terrific work

1 hour ago, milouk said:

Hello, i have three questions.

1) How can i change the date?

2) How can i change windows --> Windows 10 icon? ( i have a custom windows 10 entry disabled, should i enable it?)

3) I noticed that since NdkOpenCore 0.5.6 there is a big delay from my mobos splash screen to enter OpenCore. Also from the moment i boot into OC i need to wait 3-4 sec before my keyboard / mouse become usable. (Same happend with recovery it needs a lot of time to boot) is this something wrong on my end or is it a known thing?

Cheers and thanks for this fork. Terrific work

1) Use bios to change date/time

2) Window Entry name need to have the keyword "10"

3) Delay is more noticeable with old hardware due to the high quality/resolutions icons/images was used since 0.5.6. It takes longer time to load a bigger file size than small one. With current hardware, the delay is pretty invisible but it's still there. Here' some tips for reducing the delay:

- Use more plain background.png (same size background.png can range from 2Mb to 15Mb depend of the number of colors it has on it)

- Resize all os_*.icns from 256px to 128px if not using 4k screen.

- Turn off show picker, and use Hotkey Option to bring up the boot picker when needed, switching between OSes can be easily done with hotkeys as well if using the fork. 

12 hours ago, n.d.k said:

You can comment out or delete lines 1476, 2755 and 2759 in the NdkBootPicker.c file before compiling.

So when I try to compile with the terminal in the the directory I get a find: ./usr/sbin/authserver: Permission denied; also when you compile with the ndk-macbuild.tool the one in the folder you are compiling from an external source not from the folder with the modified ndk-bootpicker.c 

Am I correct? Am I missing something? Thank you.

2 hours ago, n.d.k said:

1) Use bios to change date/time

2) Window Entry name need to have the keyword "10"

3) Delay is more noticeable with old hardware due to the high quality/resolutions icons/images was used since 0.5.6. It takes longer time to load a bigger file size than small one. With current hardware, the delay is pretty invisible but it's still there. Here' some tips for reducing the delay:

- Use more plain background.png (same size background.png can range from 2Mb to 15Mb depend of the number of colors it has on it)

- Resize all os_*.icns from 256px to 128px if not using 4k screen.

- Turn off show picker, and use Hotkey Option to bring up the boot picker when needed, switching between OSes can be easily done with hotkeys as well if using the fork. 

Thanks a lot for your reply, now that you mention it yeah the last time it booted quickly was with a very simple UI you had. Though i wouldn't say i got old hardware. I have a B450 Mortar Max Mobo , Ryzen 7 2700, 16 GB Ram DDR4 @3200 and RX 460. Anyway thanks again for your reply :)

UPDATE:

Apparently the audio stuff made it slower. Now that is disabled the chime and the picker audio support its a bit faster

Edited by milouk

26 minutes ago, thientruongdx said:

My machine is a HP Elitedesk 800 G3 35w mini desktop, the battery is fine, this error only happens when I reboot from the hackintosh. If I boot from windows or linux, it won't happen.

post1-jpg.381455

HP laptops need an RTC patch to avoid this

8 hours ago, Blu24 said:

How do I get it to autoboot, when I set it to External?

Thanks

I don't think External boot entry is allowed set as default ATM.

1 hour ago, dayo said:

There are "BS:" debug flags in https://github.com/n-d-k/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.c but these never appear in the debug logs, only "OC" type ones.

Any idea what setting is needed to also display there?

Those debug messages will only display on the screen, since the debug log has not been initiated at that stage. 

5 hours ago, n.d.k said:

5 hours ago, n.d.k said:

Thanks for replying. Basically there's no auto boot/

5 hours ago, n.d.k said:

Thanks for replying. 

Basically there's no auto boot

@n.d.k

Maybe something is wrong on my system (Mojave/Xcode): I can't build latest commit without this issue. I don't know where I made a mistake

Spoiler

Attempting to detect HOST_ARCH from 'uname -m': x86_64

Detected HOST_ARCH of X64 using uname.

mkdir -p .

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C Common

make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C BrotliCompress

gcc -o ../bin/Brotli   brotli/c/tools/brotli.o brotli/c/common/dictionary.o brotli/c/common/transform.o brotli/c/dec/bit_reader.o brotli/c/dec/decode.o brotli/c/dec/huffman.o brotli/c/dec/state.o brotli/c/enc/backward_references.o brotli/c/enc/backward_references_hq.o brotli/c/enc/bit_cost.o brotli/c/enc/block_splitter.o brotli/c/enc/brotli_bit_stream.o brotli/c/enc/cluster.o brotli/c/enc/compress_fragment.o brotli/c/enc/compress_fragment_two_pass.o brotli/c/enc/dictionary_hash.o brotli/c/enc/encode.o brotli/c/enc/encoder_dict.o brotli/c/enc/entropy_encode.o brotli/c/enc/histogram.o brotli/c/enc/literal_cost.o brotli/c/enc/memory.o brotli/c/enc/metablock.o brotli/c/enc/static_dict.o brotli/c/enc/utf8_util.o -L../libs -lm

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/tools/brotli.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/common/dictionary.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/common/transform.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/dec/bit_reader.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/dec/decode.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/dec/huffman.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/dec/state.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/backward_references.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/backward_references_hq.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/bit_cost.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/block_splitter.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/brotli_bit_stream.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/cluster.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/compress_fragment.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/compress_fragment_two_pass.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/dictionary_hash.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/encode.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/encoder_dict.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/entropy_encode.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/histogram.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/literal_cost.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/memory.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/metablock.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/static_dict.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/utf8_util.o'

make[2]: *** [../bin/Brotli] Error 1

make[1]: *** [BrotliCompress] Error 2

make: *** [Source/C] Error 2

logout

@Blu24, When you use the boot picker, there's is NO autoboot (certainly not on the official OC).

Think about it, "It's a feature". When using External boot picker AND you set Show Picker =True, THEN the timeout value has NO FUNCTION. The boot picker will sit there waiting for you to select the drive you wish to boot. That behaves just like a real Mac. IMHO this is correct behaviour.

My system always auto boots my desired default OS. What I do is set the Show Picker = FALSE because I do NOT want to see the boot picker EVERYTIME I boot (I see no point in that). 

I only want to see the boot picker when on a rare occasion when I want to boot a DIFFERENT OS in that case, I hold the OPT/Alt key on the keyboard (Apple magic keyboard) while booting and OC displays the boot picker (or, use the ESC key).

You CAN autoboot the DEFAULT OS (read the configuration manual to find out how to do that; HINT: Startup disk preferences).

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

@n.d.k

Maybe something is wrong on my system (Mojave/Xcode): I can't build latest commit without this issue. I don't know where I made a mistake

Reveal hidden contents

Attempting to detect HOST_ARCH from 'uname -m': x86_64

Detected HOST_ARCH of X64 using uname.

mkdir -p .

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C Common

make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C BrotliCompress

gcc -o ../bin/Brotli   brotli/c/tools/brotli.o brotli/c/common/dictionary.o brotli/c/common/transform.o brotli/c/dec/bit_reader.o brotli/c/dec/decode.o brotli/c/dec/huffman.o brotli/c/dec/state.o brotli/c/enc/backward_references.o brotli/c/enc/backward_references_hq.o brotli/c/enc/bit_cost.o brotli/c/enc/block_splitter.o brotli/c/enc/brotli_bit_stream.o brotli/c/enc/cluster.o brotli/c/enc/compress_fragment.o brotli/c/enc/compress_fragment_two_pass.o brotli/c/enc/dictionary_hash.o brotli/c/enc/encode.o brotli/c/enc/encoder_dict.o brotli/c/enc/entropy_encode.o brotli/c/enc/histogram.o brotli/c/enc/literal_cost.o brotli/c/enc/memory.o brotli/c/enc/metablock.o brotli/c/enc/static_dict.o brotli/c/enc/utf8_util.o -L../libs -lm

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/tools/brotli.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/common/dictionary.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/common/transform.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/dec/bit_reader.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/dec/decode.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/dec/huffman.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/dec/state.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/backward_references.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/backward_references_hq.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/bit_cost.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/block_splitter.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/brotli_bit_stream.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/cluster.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/compress_fragment.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/compress_fragment_two_pass.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/dictionary_hash.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/encode.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/encoder_dict.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/entropy_encode.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/histogram.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/literal_cost.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/memory.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/metablock.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/static_dict.o'

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/utf8_util.o'

make[2]: *** [../bin/Brotli] Error 1

make[1]: *** [BrotliCompress] Error 2

make: *** [Source/C] Error 2

logout

Got this too after doing a clean git clone with fresh build attempt.

• Sad 1