Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

• 9 months later...
On 11/26/2019 at 7:27 PM, n.d.k said:

OC forked https://github.com/n-d-k/OpenCorePkg.

Additional features/changes:

============

[ Multi-Boot ]

- ACPI patches and Booter Quirks are optional for non macOS with setting ACPI->Quirks->EnableForAll / Booter->Quirks->EnableForAll to yes (default is no).

- SMBIOS and Device Properties patches will only applied to macOS.

[ Hotkeys ]

- Full functional Hotkeys [1-9] corresponding to Boot Entry's Index number and dedicated W (Windows) / X (macOS) keys can be used without seeing Boot Picker.

- While in boot picker, F10 can use to take a snapshot of the screen.

[ Ui Boot Picker ]

- Bios Date/time, auto boot to the same OS or manual set to always boot one OS mode, and OC version are displayed in boot picker.

- Auto boot to previous booted OS (if Misc->Security->AllowSetDefault is NO/false).

- macOS Recovery/Tools Entries are hidden by default, use Spacebar/Mouse click right in Boot Menu as a toggle on/off to show/hide hidden entries.

- Mouse supported.

[ Custom Entries ]

- Custom entries are now listed first in picker menu and by the orders they are appeared in Misc->Boot->Entries, before all other entries.

- Ability to change entry name found by auto scanner by adding custom entry with the exact same device path,

this will give users the option to complete change how all boot entries listed in Boot Picker.

[ Others ]

- No verbose apfs.efi driver loading (if using apfs.efi instead of ApfsDriverLoader.efi).

- ndk-macbuild.tool script are set to compile with latest edk2 (One can easily set to stable edk2 if prefer).

Usage:

- To build OpenCore, run "./ndk-macbuild.tool" at Terminal (require Xcode and Xcode Command Line Tool installed, and open xcode to accept license agreement before compiling).

4k light theme

ScreenShot-2020-03-27-211254.png

4k dark theme.

ScreenShot-2020-03-16-200552.png

Hi there?

Is this project still alive?

I need to test this fork but I get compile error every time I try.

Active Platform          = /Users/salar/Downloads/OpenCorePkg/edk2/OpenCorePkg/OpenCorePkg.dsc

build.py...

/Users/salar/Downloads/OpenCorePkg/edk2/OpenCorePkg/OpenCorePkg.dsc(44): error 000E: File/directory not found in workspace

/Users/salar/Downloads/OpenCorePkg/edk2/MacInfoPkg/Library/MacInfoLib/MacInfoLib.inf

- Failed -

Build end time: 21:22:39, Dec.21 2021

Build total time: 00:00:00

Is the source still working?

17 minutes ago, calmesal said:

Is this project still alive?

Hi - Unfortunately it is not, at the moment the creator has halted the project, but there is a very good alternative available for OC with plenty of icon flavours and backgrounds to choose from.

Edited by eSaF

40 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Hi - Unfortunately it is not, at the moment the creator has halted the project, but there is a very good alternative available for OC with plenty of icon flavours and backgrounds to choose from.

Hi!

What is the alternative?

I was interested in the additional futures with this fork like avoid injecting ACPI to other OS. I allredey tested Clover.

22 minutes ago, calmesal said:

Hi!

What is the alternative?

I was interested in the additional futures with this fork like avoid injecting ACPI to other OS. I allredey tested Clover.

Can't really say I understand your comment here but if your query is related to OC and having a Boot Menu with Icons like Clover instead of plain text then I think this is the easy way to start you off. See the attached items and follow the instructions.

1. Change the config.plist as shown and save the settings.

2. Replace the Resources folder with the one attached.

3. Reboot the machine, clean the NVRAM and reboot once more, machine should boot showing Icons at the Boot Menu all being well.

When you get familiar with how it all work, you can get different icon and background flavours from developers @blackosx and @chris1111 containing more fanciful eye candy. Good luck.

Perhaps other members will offer a better tutorial on the subject but I think I covered the very basics.

PS. Look in the OcBinaryData-master for the Resources folder.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

USB shows in UEFI boot picker but OC doesn't load.

EFI 01.zip DON`T USE ANY CONFIGURATOR ;) 

-Delete old EFI folder and paste new. Don't use merge files

-Don't use Drag and Drop into EFI partition. Use Copy/Paste instead

-Reset NVRAM one time - with OpenCore use entry "Reset Nvram" / with Clover use F11 key on boot screen

• Like 2

EFI 01.zip DON`T USE ANY CONFIGURATOR  
-Delete old EFI folder and paste new. Don't use merge files
-Don't use Drag and Drop into EFI partition. Use Copy/Paste instead
-Reset NVRAM one time - with OpenCore use entry "Reset Nvram" / with Clover use F11 key on boot screen

No configurator was used.
I’ll re do usb and let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I deleted efi folder from usb, copied and pasted yours, I cleaned nvram with clover rebooted, booted from USB to black screen.
If I boot the usb from Clover (F3) I get the opencore picker but everything goes straight to a black screen.
OCvalidate said no errors.

EDIT.
Using clover to boot OC I managed to use OC’s version of clean nvram then I was able to boot.
macOS Monterey & Windows 11 and Arch Linux tested all good.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I deleted efi folder from usb, copied and pasted yours, I cleaned nvram with clover rebooted, booted from USB to black screen.
If I boot the usb from Clover (F3) I get the opencore picker but everything goes straight to a black screen.
OCvalidate said no errors.

EDIT.
Using clover to boot OC I managed to use OC’s version of clean nvram then I was able to boot.
macOS Monterey & Windows 11 tested all good.

That is odd. I'm not using Clover. I just copied my config.plist to the EFI @MaLd0n provided. I just added my kexts, replaced the resources folder, added an extra driver for Ubuntu & the extra lines in the ACPI quirks & booter. That was it.

Booted straight thru.

Edited by Ellybz

1 minute ago, Ellybz said:

That is odd. I'm not using Clover. I just copied my config.plist to the EFI @MaLd0n provided. I just added my kexts, replaced the resources folder, added an extra driver for Ubuntu & the extra line in the ACPI quirks. That was it.

Booted straight thru.

Yeah it was strange but as you said you are not using Clover so the nvram variables must be very incompatible.

Good news is i got it to work.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 11:05 AM, Ellybz said:

That mod is working fine for me. Thanks to @btwise  Great job!

Thanks also to @MaLd0n for testing & compiling.

629057048_ScreenShot2022-02-26at6_55_40PM.png.86ac3ef0b7193a866663341067be2a44.png

Since the disappearance of ndk, I have been constantly updating my mod OC with minimal changes and will not affect the integrity of OpenCore

• Like 3

Since the disappearance of ndk, I have been constantly updating my mod OC with minimal changes and will not affect the integrity of OpenCore

Appreciate your effort with this.
What I want to know is will we have any adverse side effects by using this quirk?

1 hour ago, btwise said:

Hi @btwise Thanks a lot . Do you have a GitHub repo for your mod OC.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Appreciate your effort with this.
What I want to know is will we have any adverse side effects by using this quirk?

NDK was just restoring a quirk that was originally in OC.

What I remember from when the fork first came out, it was removed because they considered it too hacky and technically unsound.

Writing sane SSDTs was considered the better alternative.

7 hours ago, btwise said:

Good job and thanks for that. Work very fine.

I'm tired with bootkey and non-sense ssdts with minimal things just to boot into windows. Hackintosh never looks good like one full patch.

• Like 3