[pre-release] macOS Catalina

1,679 posts in this topic

On 6/4/2019 at 8:47 AM, chris1111 said:

Everything work here for the ProBook 6570b

only Wifi BCM943234hmsnot working at the first boot:lol:

1727191032_Capturedcranle2019-06-0408_41_16.png.71e4e526c9f55d6fd586c3ca9f124fa2.png

Everything good here with HP Probook 650 G1, except bluetooth 2070?   Using fakepciidkexts with BRCM94352HMB bluetooth works in Mojave.   Any fixes or patches for bluetooth?

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 4.44.29 PM.png

11 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

Everything good here with HP Probook 650 G1, except bluetooth 2070?   Using fakepciidkexts with BRCM94352HMB bluetooth works in Mojave.   Any fixes or patches for bluetooth?

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 4.44.29 PM.png

See here

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/339035-pre-release-macos-catalina/?do=findComment&comment=2676637

• Like 1

2019-06-07 10:12:19.321175+0800 0x1523     Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: Failed to load kext com.apple.AppleUserHIDDrivers (error 0xdc00800a).
2019-06-07 10:12:19.326501+0800 0x1529     Error       0x0                  0      0    kernel: (IOHIDFamily) IOUSBHostHIDDevice:0x1000040a2 handleStart failed
2019-06-07 10:12:19.326503+0800 0x1529     Error       0x0                  0      0    kernel: (IOHIDFamily) IOUSBHostHIDDevice:0x1000040a2 start failed
019-06-07 10:13:02.118431+0800 0x4d3      Error       0x0                  0      0    kernel: (IOHIDFamily) AppleUserHIDDevice:0x1000003aa IOHIDDevice::Start:0xe00002bc
2019-06-07 10:13:02.118475+0800 0x4d3      Error       0x0                  0      0    kernel: (IOHIDFamily) IOUSBHostHIDDevice:0x1000003ab handleStart failed
2019-06-07 10:13:02.118477+0800 0x4d3      Error       0x0                  0      0    kernel: (IOHIDFamily) IOUSBHostHIDDevice:0x1000003ab start failed

Guest ricoc90

Since Catalina runs just fine on my mac mini I decided to install it on one of my hacks too but man, it's so, so bad:

1. - Video playback just does not work.
       Safari and Opera are just refusing to play any video. With FireFox it's a hit or miss (most of the time a miss)
       Quicktime Player is on hard drugs, because it plays a 2 hour video in just 1 second
  2. Overall slow performance with lots of UI lagging and random crashing of apps
  3. No Hand-off and Continuity functionality _AT ALL

On 6/4/2019 at 2:45 AM, fantomas1 said:

First beta... macOS Catalina 10.15 beta (19A471t)  Release Notes!!!

Useful information:

macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.dmg.zip (thanks to gengik84)

Clover r4945 (thanks to Cyberdevs)

Lilu_plugins (thanks to gengik84)

Port Limit Patch (thanks to daliansky)

Thanks for these info which help a lot !

Even LGA 775/Duo Core 2 hackintoshs worked.

Previous mojave2core still needed to boot.

Roll-back AppleHDA to get HDMI audio from GT 730 working.

Need add AppleYukon2.kext from Mojave to get network working again.›

Before login to desktop there are 3 busy timeout or kextd stall, (60s) "IOUSBHostInterface" errors which caused very slow login and failure of my USB keyboard.

I must use PS2 keyboard now.

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 4.15.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 5.29.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 6.58.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 9.33.17 PM.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

As far as I can tell everything works on mine, Audio, Sleep/Wake, WiFi, good Bluetooth connection, all my iTune Movie collection plays in Apple TV also Safari and Youtube content. The one thing I noticed my Recycle Bin contains four folders that I cannot empty, the odd occasion I do manage to clear the Bin, on the next Boot more items appear but I am still testing. Oh and the other thing 'Hot Plug' patching the old way is not working for me I get a kernel panic on reboot.

Screenshot 2019-06-07 at 10.18.31.png

1 hour ago, ricoc90 said:

Since Catalina runs just fine on my mac mini I decided to install it on one of my hacks too but man, it's so, so bad:

1. - Video playback just does not work.
       Safari and Opera are just refusing to play any video. With FireFox it's a hit or miss (most of the time a miss)
       Quicktime Player is on hard drugs, because it plays a 2 hour video in just 1 second
  2. Overall slow performance with lots of UI lagging and random crashing of apps
  3. No Hand-off and Continuity functionality _AT ALL

Sorry for you mate, but for me the macOS is running buttery smooth.

1. No issues with Safari at all. Preview videos work. Apple TV app is bugged, but it seems to be bugged on real Mac's as well. No issues with Quicktime Player, even recording the screen works just fine.

2. I have not experienced real lags except a few bumps after the fresh installation. I'm using the system for days now and no crashes no lags so far.

3. Works as well including Sidecar with the iPad.

Judging from this I'd say you _may_ need some polishing on how your CustoMac is set up (clover, kexts, patches, bios etc.).

But I feel with you, I've been there too.

27 minutes ago, Hervé said:

On rebooting Mojave from Catalina after a few days (both on the same disk), I've just noticed a new partition on my Mojave desktop called "Catalina - Data". On checking partitions in DU, there appears to be a 2nd APFS volume in the container disk created for 10.15. I certainly don't recall ever creating such a 2nd APFS volume so I guess it was done automatically during or, more likely, after I installed 15.15 Beta. This volume appears to contain all the applications and data files I installed/created/downloaded since initial Catalina installation.

I guess this is some new manner to handle add-on apps, drivers and user acccounts/data. Indeed, on checking the main "Catalina" partition, /Library folder appears empty and no user data in /Users, all is located on "Catalina - Data".

This is not visible from within Catalina itself, in which all appears as per previous OS X/macOS versions, i.e. all apps under /Applications, /L/E and user accounts & data under /Users:

You need to open up DU to notice the hidden APFS "Catalina - Data" volume.

That's why I can't patch to install to MBR.

The Data partition will be mounted on 10.15 System volume's folder as /System/Volumes/Data,

the original data is here /System/Library/Templates/Data,

the Catalina installer will setup /System/Library/Templates/Data to be Data partition as it is.

Edited by crazybirdy
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, CMMChris said:

Wrong SMBIOS and setup. Use Radeon VII without IGPU and iMacPro1,1. Otherwise encoding will be done on the IGPU. Alternatively you can also disable IGPU while staying on iMac19,2, put Whatevergreen in your Kexts folder and use the boot-args shikigva=32 and shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94. Should also fix your video issues.

I tried everything for RX 580, but still can't make it work i'm on iMacPro1,1. tried dummy kext, going igpu and shikigva=1 with whatevergreen but nothing safari freezes on netflix and ect.

is there config for RX580 ?

I tried everything for RX 580, but still can't make it work i'm on iMacPro1,1. tried dummy kext, going igpu and shikigva=1 with whatevergreen but nothing safari freezes on netflix and ect.

is there config for RX580 ?
My RX580 works oob sounds like a config issue, post clover folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, Moviemakergr said:

Any "Show all files" app to working on Catalina ?

Cmd + ">" shortcut is enough for Show / Hide files & folders since Sierra upto Catalina, if I still remember.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CMMChris said:

@Sanom4 RX580 Encoding works OOB with 10.14.5. No patches or Kexts required. IGPU off, iMacPro1,1, no shiki boot-arg. If not, your config is screwed up.

its weird, i even tried something that was written by you on german forum with translation :D

4 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

My RX580 works oob sounds like a config issue, post clover folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here's EFI,

https://we.tl/t-GYcg6yH0de

ill really appreciate your help, ah i returned to some configuration that was posted on tonymacx, to make it work and left it as it is, right now there's weg and shikigva no igpu

Anyone knows if subpixel anti-aliasing feature that Apple disabled in Mojave is re-enabled in Catalina? I ask it because it seems that is back.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT : I checked it, is also disabled by default in Catalina, but if you want to enable again, you need to use this command as Mojave.

defaults write -g CGFontRenderingFontSmoothingDisabled -bool NO
Edited by asdesoso

I spent the morning using Catalina for work and it ran smoothly and I was able to utilize some of the new features, particularly tiling which worked well and is a nice feature (I never had a third-party app that did it). Most of my issues seemed to be that third-party apps need to be updated for Catalina compatibility.

But I noticed one thing and it wasn't a problem but it seemed like my CPU consistently ran at higher frequencies than in Mojave.  I use CPUFriend and made a custom CPUFriendDataProvider.  It allows my CPU to work at a minimum frequency of 800 MHz instead of 1300 MHz.  Still, the CPU never really went below 1500 MHz and most of the time was over 2000.  Maybe it's still doing internal processes (spotlight seemed to be completed) and maybe graphics now uses more CPU power but I was wondering if others have noticed this too or if its my config.

So I'm having trouble getting Catalina to boot after going through the installer.

CPU: i5-7600k

GPU: ASUS Strix Vega 64

Audio: Usually use AMD audio over DisplayPort / Machine also has Realtek audio so I use AppleALC.kext

NIC: Intel X520-DA1 flashed to SmallTree device ID, used SmallTree drivers in Mojave (renamed .kext to .kextold to see if this was causing the KP).  Motherboard also has Intel I219 Gigabit NIC.

I Updated to the latest clover, switched to VirtualSMC from FakeSMC (not sure if that helps), copied apfs.efi from the installer image, and used -lilubetaall.

Now after a reboot I’m randomly stalling like in the attached image.  I'm seeing a lot of apfs messages (although this screenshot was taken in safe mode I believe).  Could the filesystem possibly be corrupt?  It seems to stall at slightly different times every boot.

EDIT: Almost forgot, attached config.plist.

EDIT 2: Fixed It!  Turns out VirtualSMC was the culprit.  Disabled injecting all kexts and the installation completed, then I got rid of VirtualSMC and put back FakeSMC and everything boots fine.  10G card still works in Catalina as well :)

hy7Wcns.jpg

config.plist

Edited by DsurioN
resolved