[pre-release] macOS Catalina

1,679 posts in this topic

On 6/4/2019 at 1:40 PM, PPCnostalgic said:

Up and running on this very old HP Z400 (signature). Note that I'm using Mac Pro 5,1 mid 2010 SMBIOS, ;-)

005.thumb.jpg.06a7a6e4abee8c5f8bd8dcfef755abb1.jpg

is it possible to shere your EFI folder from macOS Catalina

Edited by Rockey12

1 hour ago, hohoho said:

i found this. the app here is the same as what TP-Link has on their website that i was using in Mojave and the app in this link is working in Catalina --- https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter-Clover/releases/tag/V7

Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 4.26.57 AM.png

Confirm its work for my EDIMAX EW-7722UTn V2 AND EDIMAX NANO N150

But my Installer need to be more adapting for this Beta 10.15

This one also work ➔ Wireless USB Adapter

1.png.7ddbe1d7b51065eda19b6474f7d5e2b0.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, macq said:

Hi,

lapic fix2 allows booting of both Mojave and Catalina. No lapic panic.

On a side note some very disappointing news for us non metal system users, developers at the other forum have posted that graphics acceleration for Catalina is unlikely and there would be no patches for it. If that is the case it seems that this is the end of the line for non metal card systems.

:(

How to use the lapic fix?

2 hours ago, macq said:

Hi,

lapic fix2 allows booting of both Mojave and Catalina. No lapic panic.

On a side note some very disappointing news for us non metal system users, developers at the other forum have posted that graphics acceleration for Catalina is unlikely and there would be no patches for it. If that is the case it seems that this is the end of the line for non metal card systems.

:(

4 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

can you test mojave too?

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

can you show the patch so we can apply to opencore thanks

• Like 1

Hi Guys,
Just a quick heads up on how to clone your macOS Catalina installs with Disk Utility. 

Pre-requisites
1.  Catalina version of Disk Utility eg on your installer USB or separate Recovery/BaseSystem Partition
2.  Target HD apfs partition size the same or larger than the original source

Procedure

1.  First boot to your catalina installer USB or Recovery/BaseSystem Partition
2.  Erase the target HD, formatting it to the apfs file system
3.  Click the target partition and choose the restore button on top.  You can choose either the original catalina or catalina--data partition as the source ---> when to process is complete, both volumes will be cloned to the target.

1305333777_CloningCatalinawithDU.thumb.png.5d131d8ae57fe2321216593df07e929a.png

Result...

1415292899_ClonedCatalina.thumb.png.6e219e5c43dba2baa738817c03047a86.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hohoho said:

i found this. the app here is the same as what TP-Link has on their website that i was using in Mojave and the app in this link is working in Catalina --- https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter-Clover/releases/tag/V7

Worked for my TP link T2U nano as well, even though it's not on the supported list.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

Confirm its work for my EDIMAX EW-7722UTn V2 AND EDIMAX NANO N150

But my Installer need to be more adapting for this Beta 10.15

And working on my TP Archer T2U nano. Thanks Chris :)

You could put that wifi adapter on the supported list. If you like.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, surfinchina said:

Worked for my TP link T2U nano as well, even though it's not on the supported list.

Thanks!

And working on my TP Archer T2U nano. Thanks Chris :)

You could put that wifi adapter on the supported list. If you like.

Thank you Verry much I wii ad in next release ;)

Only thing I'm having trouble with now is a few minutes wait at the very end of the verbose string - A millisecond of apple logo, blank screen for a few minutes then the apple logo for a few seconds then I'm in. Would this normally be GPU issues? It's fine with Mojave.

I'm wondering if it's the Optimus nVidia GPU which is buggering it around. Anybody tried Catalina with one of these GPUs in their laptop?

Once it's going it seems fine and the UHD630 iGPU is working ok.

Only thing I'm having trouble with now is a few minutes wait at the very end of the verbose string - A millisecond of apple logo, blank screen for a few minutes then the apple logo for a few seconds then I'm in. Would this normally be GPU issues? It's fine with Mojave.

I'm wondering if it's the Optimus nVidia GPU which is buggering it around. Anybody tried Catalina with one of these GPUs in their laptop?

Once it's going it seems fine and the UHD630 iGPU is working ok.

I have older gen Optimus hd4400 and 840m. My boot time with Catalina is pretty good. Do you have dGPU disabled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

I have older gen Optimus hd4400 and 840m. My boot time with Catalina is pretty good. Do you have dGPU disabled?

No it's not mate. It's my next move I guess. When I get back to NZ tomorrow and get some time... Your's is disabled?

2 hours ago, daniel_yplim said:

Why the apps I installed do not show in Launchpad?

1 hour ago, anmool said:

I have a same question Why the apps I installed do not show in Launchpad

installed apps do not appear in launchpad

As an experiment, there are like 1000 application folders in Catalina.

My drive is called OSX and the install split it into OSX and OSX Data - a new thing.

I migrated my data and all the apps went into OSX/system/applications

There is also OSX/Applications, OSX Data/Device/Applications and all the other Application folders in the OSX/Users/User or shared or public/Applications.

I'm in Mojave and not able to try it out, but just copy some Applications from where you find them into the various folders to see which one is linked to Launchpad.

There's also double up User folders (minus the users) all over the place. It is a beta I guess...

On 6/4/2019 at 6:01 PM, Thegn said:

Thank's for the tips here, the new Clover version and the compiled Lilu kext!

I successfully updated, but I have to boot with -wegoff in Clover. Guess we need a new Whatevergreen kext. So I only have one monitor instead of 3 for the moment. But I'm glad the update went so smooth. Hope it goes as smooth for most of you here. 10.15 seems like a nice new version!

Cheers,

I was a bit too early to say that the update went smooth for me. What I did originally was to Carbon Copy my Mojave disk to a new formatted disk, and run the Catalina update on that one. Then I updated to the new Lili kexts etc. What I then got was a successful boot, but after rebooting again (without any changes), it would reset as soon as the apple logo showed. Sometimes it would boot after I did some changes, like setting the boot options to -v -s, but then again, next boot it would reset again directly after the logo came. Change a kext - the same, I could have one successful boot, but not again. I did not have time to see the bootlog with -v flag, since it went so quick and reset immediately.

I gave up and did a clean install (not a Mojave upgrade as in my first attempt above), and it all works perfectly now., even after reboot :)

• Like 1

No it's not mate. It's my next move I guess. When I get back to NZ tomorrow and get some time... Your's is disabled?

Yeah mine is disabled via dsdt and WEG, both aren’t needed so you can use just one or the other.

7 hours ago, abdouoi said:

copy bootx64.efi and cloverx64.efi files in the fix to replace yours in the clover efi folder of your system.

• Like 1

Still no succeeded report from non-Metal capable graphics booting Catalina with full gfx acceleration, yet? Intel HD 1st Gen, HD3000, Nvidia Tesla, maybe? Cool. I force installed hSierra for using with 10.15 and currently, having CoreImage only active, nor with QuartzExtreme bcoz GeForeWeb.kext won't loaded #LoL, otherwise it causes blackscreen with console logs before LoginUI via Nvidia GeForce GT 520M (Fermi GF119).

5 hours ago, daniel_yplim said:

I think it is the bug in the beta.

2 hours ago, Swear said:

No luck with latest lilu and whatevergreen on my R9 290 (non-x)

Just drop your apps from application to Launchpad icon if you want to launch your apps from the launchpad