[pre-release] macOS Catalina

1,679 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, anmool said:

how to get clean Catalina 10.15 GM 

when I press software update icon then Showed as Beta 11 for me

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 12.16.57 AM.jpg

That is the GM. It's just not called "GM" in the Software Updater, but it's gonna be the same build number (19A582a).

For Dev builds (like yours), it's gonna say "Beta 11", for Public builds it's gonna say "Beta 10". But it's the exact same thing.

• Like 4

Hi All

Beta 11 (golden master version) represents the final version of the update that will be provided to the public at release soon. Right?

I do not remember if disconnecting from the developer program is enough when the public version is available or if it is better to install it. 

Sorry my meds I take are causing me memory problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi All

Beta 11 (golden master version) represents the final version of the update that will be provided to the public at release soon. Right?

I do not remember if disconnecting from the developer program is enough when the public version is available or if it is better to install it. 

Sorry my meds I take are causing me memory problems.

If you're referring to moving from Beta to Live build, yes, it should be enough to do this:

1930928168_Screenshot2019-10-04at17_19_58.thumb.png.7f3a788bfde4d3d7f39125825ce349f0.png

And yes, the live version (which I'm guessing would be very similar, if not the same with the GM) is rumoured to be launched tonight. :) 

As for clean installation, I would download the full installer when it's up, just in case I need to make a clean installation. Whether or not is better...I don't know. Cleaner is usually better. But I'm not sure if it's going to make a difference in this particular case. There are still bugs that Apple hasn't fixed in the GM. So...I doubt they will be fixed by the time the live version is released.

But that's just my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, arsradu said:

If you're referring to moving from Beta to Live build, yes, it should be enough to do this:

1930928168_Screenshot2019-10-04at17_19_58.thumb.png.7f3a788bfde4d3d7f39125825ce349f0.png

And yes, the live version (which I'm guessing would be very similar, if not the same with the GM) is rumoured to be launched tonight. :) 

As for clean installation, I would download the full installer when it's up, just in case I need to make a clean installation. Whether or not is better...I don't know. Cleaner is usually better. But I'm not sure if it's going to make a difference in this particular case. There are still bugs that Apple hasn't fixed in the GM. So...I doubt they will be fixed by the time the live version is released.

But that's just my opinion.

I arrived at the same conclusions as you. If the final public version is launched tonight: God bless the rumors :w00t:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Shaneee said:

Working just fine :D 

Screenshot 2019-10-04 20.06.53.png

Does it mean AMD Vanilla kernel for Catalina GM will be available soon ?

Or you have patched one in your forum ?

ever since i updated my macOS via software update to the latest catalina beta, the background of the login screen doesn't change anymore no matter how i change the wallpaper to. is this normal or a bug? anybody has a fix for this?

LWScreenShot 2019-10-05 at 10.14.45 AM.png

Edited by hohoho

3 hours ago, hohoho said:

ever since i updated my macOS via software update to the latest catalina beta, the background of the login screen doesn't change anymore no matter how i change the wallpaper to. is this normal or a bug? anybody has a fix for this?

Yeeep...that's a bug. Reported to Apple since two releases ago... Not fixed yet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Moviemakergr said:

Good morning PPL

Which Clover version do you think is the best (stable) for the Mac'os Catalina ?

(I ask because I have tried twice to upgrade what I have and it has never boot again.)

and.. i use BCM 4352 Wi_Fi Working any news about ΒΤ ?

Latest Release r5094 works fine on Catalina like r5093 on Clover Github Repo

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases

• Thanks 1

[EDIT] It's a clean Beta 11 / GM install.

Is someone too slow to boot with FileVault enabled? At beta 9 it was normal.

It takes 2 ½ minutes just to bring up the login screen.

I am using the same UEFI drivers since Mojave, of course always updating along with Clover.

If anyone can take a look, I have attached "gen_debug" before and after disabling FileVault.

I noticed that if I boot in verbose, the login screen takes the same time, but at left o screen a lot of lines pop up:

ERROR: LWSmcUINT8ForKey smcProtocol-> SmcReadValue failed for key '...

Important: In attachments the Kexts are in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.15/ but the behavior in /Library/Extensions is the same.

My laptop is from this guide that I wrote: 

gen_debug.zip

Edited by ludufre
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Does it mean AMD Vanilla kernel for Catalina GM will be available soon ?

Or you have patched one in your forum ?

When Catalina is released. It will be only for OpenCore though as we use mask patching to survive updates.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ludufre said:

[EDIT] It's a clean Beta 11 / GM install.

Is someone too slow to boot with FileVault enabled? At beta 9 it was normal.

It takes 2 ½ minutes just to bring up the login screen.

I am using the same UEFI drivers since Mojave, of course always updating along with Clover.

If anyone can take a look, I have attached "gen_debug" before and after disabling FileVault.

I noticed that if I boot in verbose, the login screen takes the same time, but at left o screen a lot of lines pop up:

ERROR: LWSmcUINT8ForKey smcProtocol-> SmcReadValue failed for key '...

Important: In attachments the Kexts are in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.15/ but the behavior in /Library/Extensions is the same.

My laptop is from this guide that I wrote: 

gen_debug.zip

I did a clean install of Mojave 10.14.6 and FileVault starts almost instantly after Clover.

Updated to Catalyst Beta 11 / GM and now almost three minutes to request the FileVault password after Clover.

Definitely Beta 11 / GM broke FileVault. With Beta 9 it worked perfectly.

On 10/4/2019 at 10:13 PM, hohoho said:

Not sure if it's the fix you're looking for, but you can replace /System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.heic with your image (or a symlink to it).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ASentientBot said:

Not sure if it's the fix you're looking for, but you can replace /System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.heic with your image (or a symlink to it).

thanks for the suggestion :) but it says i can't rename the files nor replace them even if i already mounted the system volume and i think i will just wait for apple to fix it :) thanks :) 

43 minutes ago, hohoho said:

thanks for the suggestion :) but it says i can't rename the files nor replace them even if i already mounted the system volume and i think i will just wait for apple to fix it :) thanks :) 

Run sudo mount -uw / in Terminal, then force quit Finder. You should be able to modify system files until you reboot.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Can you explain more about this mask patching?? Or any article about it for AMD

From the OpenCore Docs, 

Data bitwise mask used during find comparison. Allows fuzzy search by ignoring not masked (set to zero) bits.

Patches are already available using this method for Mojave.

6 minutes ago, chris009 said:

I still can't found how to convert kernel patch from https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla to OC with this kind  "mask patching" instead generic kernel patching with OC. There are 42 kernel patch for AMD Ryzen if we use Clover config.plist. Then what about  this mask patching?? Is it still same like generic kernel patching??? Because i just do Kernel Patching in config.plist with OpenCore Bootloader, i don't apply this "Mask Patching". Sorry for bad english.

image.thumb.png.12ba3da50339515d460da831aec96858.png

Edited by Andres ZeroCross
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I still can't found how to convert kernel patch from https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla to OC with this kind  "mask patching" instead generic kernel patching with OC. There are 42 kernel patch for AMD Ryzen if we use Clover config.plist. Then what about  this mask patching?? Is it still same like generic kernel patching??? Because i just do Kernel Patching in config.plist with OpenCore Bootloader, i don't apply this "Mask Patching". Sorry for bad english.

image.thumb.png.12ba3da50339515d460da831aec96858.png

It will not work with ordinary kernel patching by Clover because I had tried it in vain.

Need figure out how to apply mask patching in Clover.

• Like 1