Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Peke said:

So the question would be: 

Can we remove Nvidiagraphicsfixup kext and relay only in the new driver?  (Lilu should stay as it works with other kexts that you can check here https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/blob/master/KnownPlugins.md )

Just add "ngfxsubmit=0" to config.plist to disable the fix within nvidiafixup

Hi,

I still have (and always had) a weird problem with the nvidia card, and I don't know if it is a power unit issue or a driver issue. Do you have such a problem, too:

Sometimes the screen goes black, for example if I scroll a specific webpage. It turns then on again, and off again. Then it may disappear and everyathing works fine again. Or not. Usually a reboot will let this problem disappear. There is no obvious heavy cpu/power usage while this happens.

Do you know this problem? Does it sound like a driver problem?

I use a gt1050 2gb and a 4k monitor connected thru DP.

Edited by Funky frank

Hi,

I still have (and always had) a weird problem with the nvidia card, and I don't know if it is a power unit issue or a driver issue. Do you have such a problem, too:

Sometimes the screen goes black, for example if I scroll a specific webpage. It turns then on again, and off again. Then it may disappear and everyathing works fine again. Or not. Usually a reboot will let this problem disappear. There is no obvious heavy cpu/power usage while this happens.

I have this kinda issue with my monitor, it started a few months ago. Every now and then it will cut out completely, Audio still plays but my monitor like resets. Does it in Windows, macOS and linux. Benq gl2450ht I think my monitor is.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Funky frank said:

Hi,

I see this issue with DisplayPort monitors with many different systems, different OS and different monitors.

3 hours ago, scj312 said:

I see this issue with DisplayPort monitors with many different systems, different OS and different monitors.

i have this issues in Mac and also in windows)) not in linux

2 hours ago, sl0wtarget said:

106 work with latest Security update?

UPDATE: According to xlr8yourmac the build changes to 17E202 and breaks the driver.

Funny you should mention this...

The App Store had a Security Update 2018-001 that was released today so I installed it. My Nvidia drivers now no longer work so I tried to install 387.10.10.10.30.106 and it says

Mac OS X version is not compatible

Mac OS X version 10.13.4 (17E202) is not supported with this package. Please see NVIDIAS website for further driver information. And it will notify me when drivers are available.

Notice it says 10.13.4 (17E202) which I guess the Security Update updated it to 17E202. Now no more Nvidia drivers for me :( 

Prior to the update I did make sure to install latest Clover boot loader, and update Lilu.kext to 1.2.3 and AppleALC to 1.2.6 which I believe are the latest.

Edited by bocajoe

1 minute ago, ellaosx said:

just repatch the web driver

I'm not really sure how to do that but I would be grateful if you can point me in the right direction. This is on a Dell Precision T1600 desktop, E3-1290 CPU. 

9 hours ago, bocajoe said:

I'm not really sure how to do that but I would be grateful if you can point me in the right direction. This is on a Dell Precision T1600 desktop, E3-1290 CPU. 

Hi bocajoe, 

Have you already figured it out?
If not, search for this NVDA WEB PATCHER script or here on this site... it is the most practical and easy way to do it.

https://github.com/chris1111/Easy-Web-Drivers-Patcher

Edited by Fergarth
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It seems nice that chris1111 provided a patch, but I can't -- in good conscience -- download a random binary file from github and run it on my system. 

What is so proprietary about his patch that he can't include source? I think I'll wait until the updated driver comes out before I update... 

Does anyone know where to look for updates to the webdriver from Nvidia? I've ever found a page that lists them, just links to the actual files to download, and that root is not 'browsable'. I'd like to monitor that site to see when a version is updated for the 17E202 build. Once that is released, I can update OSX and should be fine.

2 hours ago, sharpertool said:

It seems nice that chris1111 provided a patch, but I can't -- in good conscience -- download a random binary file from github and run it on my system. 

What is so proprietary about his patch that he can't include source? I think I'll wait until the updated driver comes out before I update... 

Does anyone know where to look for updates to the webdriver from Nvidia? I've ever found a page that lists them, just links to the actual files to download, and that root is not 'browsable'. I'd like to monitor that site to see when a version is updated for the 17E202 build. Once that is released, I can update OSX and should be fine.

Just look at the file the NVIDIA preference pane uses to auto-update:

https://gfe.nvidia.com/mac-update

Latest driver appears to still be 30.106 for 17E199.

21 minutes ago, fantomas1 said:

New Web Driver - 387.10.10.10.30.107 for 10.13.4 build 17E202

Cool! Do you have a link? Googled and didn't see anything yet.

Never mind... you're quick! I just noticed you updated it on the 1st page THANKS!!!!!!

Edited by bocajoe
  • Haha 1