Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, createthis said:

On 10.13.4 with 387.10.10.10.30.103  I enabled my 6700k's HD 530 iGPU in addition to my dual SLI 1080 Tis. I'm seeing "green snow" on all rendered output in FCPX. The videos play fine if I delete the render files, but all exports are trashed. Also, I can't fullscreen 4k video playback in FCPX for some reason without stutter. It plays fine in a window.

I read somewhere that you need to disable the IGPU in order to have FCPX working with no issues, have you tried that?

1 hour ago, ergot said:

I read somewhere that you need to disable the IGPU in order to have FCPX working with no issues, have you tried that?

I had been running with my IGPU disabled for years, but when I upgraded to high sierra a few days ago the web driver was unusable in FCPX with my IGPU disabled. Playback constantly stuttered.

On 9.4.2018 at 1:43 PM, ergot said:

You need to enable IGPU, but make it connector-less by patching your DSDT. Then IGPU is used as video encoder/decoder in FCPX, but not as an OpenCL device anymore. If you disable the IGPU, the encoding/decoding will be much more slow.

I've been able to reproduce image (PNG and GIF for sure; seems to involve transparency and animation) corruption on 10.13.4 with the latest Webdriver and NvidiaGraphicsFixup in Chrome/Chromium/Electron apps on Maxwell/Pascal cards, but I can't confirm it on Kepler . . . Anyone else have any ideas?

Corruption does not occur on AMD or pre-Maxwell cards it seems . . . I don't think it's the fault of vit's new patches in NvidiaGraphicsFixup, but it might be something that needs to be tweaked for Maxwell/Pascal in NvidiaGraphicsFixup or Shiki to account for Chrome/Chromium/Electron apps and their weirdness . . .

Edited by ReddestDream

I only installed HS a couple of days ago but I have had weird text & UI corruption / flickering in Chrome last night (1080ti, using latest Webdrive and NvidiaGraphicsFixup), and I've seen light flickering once in Safari's toolbar.

Not something I experience in Sierra.

2 hours ago, tarasis said:

I only installed HS a couple of days ago but I have had weird text & UI corruption / flickering in Chrome last night (1080ti, using latest Webdrive and NvidiaGraphicsFixup), and I've seen light flickering once in Safari's toolbar.

Not something I experience in Sierra.

Yeah. I've only been able to see it reproducibly in Chrome/Chromium/Electron apps, but there have been lots of reports of sporadic corruption in other places: 

https://github.com/lvs1974/NvidiaGraphicsFixup/commit/2548a94bce9fe38e855ca17f19bea05978938cd7#commitcomment-28524006

Fellas, 

So far, this has been the most useful post for my 1070 + High Sierra troubleshooting, but I got to a point where I have no other option other than asking for help about it.

Everything was working flawlessly with OS 10.13.3 and its respective Web Drivers, until I decided to update it to 10.13.4 with the promise of a better graphics performance. Did it straight from the App Store, and updated the Nvidia Drivers to .30.103 as soon as it rebooted back [using the integrated graphics]. I've also downloaded and replaced Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in the EFI to avoid possible issues.

Turns out now I can only access the system using integrated graphics, and whenever I try to boot using the Web Drivers clover flag, I get this weird attached error that seems to have nothing to do with the graphics issue - it mentions credentials and biometrics, keywords which I get none results whenever I throw them on Google or any forums.

Any proceeding suggestions before I fresh reinstall it with 10.3.3?

C9B16C5C-2F5A-4165-AFAC-309303700BCB.jpeg

hi all
I download NvidiaGraphicsFixup and put it to Clover\Kext\10.13 (I have 10.13.4 OS), restarting and see stuttering interface , when I open (unfold) Chrome
Is it normal or I make something wrong ?
Which gfx card and are you using web drivers?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi the recent 387.10.10.10.30.103 driver causes flickering and graphics errors on my desktop and 1050gt, esp. while using safari (10.13.4). I also tried a patched 387.10.10.10.25.160, but no luck, still graphics errors.

Which version is not causing graphics errors?

Without much testing I can say...

-Artifacts disappeared in the previews in FCPX

-WEBwaterGL and Blossom still smooth without lag

-Youtube (Paul Chato nonsenses...) still fine. I recommend that guy. Check him.

-Minimal Lag still present when closing safari tabs.

-CUDA ..when checking CUDA preferences..it stuck and closed unexpectedly. Opening it again shows the info and both cuda and gpu driver version...

5 minutes ago, Moviemakergr said:

[Feedback]

on Asus Hero and i7 8700k

both card injected GTX 1050Ti and Intel 630

none prob with latest drivers and the folder kexts (attach)

i have try and combination with RX 580 and Intel 630 too success.

Fixes.zip

how use combo nvidia with intel 630?... i have black sceen , no boot ...