Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

For me the 108 driver works great, I did notice that it poped up a kext block security alert when installing this version and so I had to go to Security Center and unblock it, even though I unblocked the NVIDIA kexts before. I also re-created the kext cache and prelinked kernel before rebooting from the NVIDIA installer but I am not sure that it is needed.

I have a native MacPro 5.1 with a GeForce GTX 970, and after the update, I too am just getting a black screen when the video drivers load. I tried uninstalling the new version and installing a previous one, but it didn't fix the problem. If anyone has a solution, that would be great, since apparently there's an issue with my Time Machine backup, too. I'm limping along with an older video card in the meantime.

From Recovery/Terminal (Macintosh HD - your disk name)

# v="/Volumes/Macintosh HD"

# cd "$v"/Library/Extensions
# rm -rf GeForce*
# rm -rf NVDA*
# touch .
# cd "$v"/System/Library/Extensions
# rm -rf GeForce*Web*
# touch .

# kextcache -u "$v"
# reboot

From Desktop

$ sudo su
# cd /Library/Extensions
# rm -rf GeForce*
# rm -rf NVDA*
# touch .
# cd /System/Library/Extensions
# rm -rf GeForce*Web*
# rm -rf NVDA*Web*
# touch .
# kextcache -u /
# exit
$ reboot

Reinstall previous drivers that worked.

• Like 1

Newest update for 10.13.6 wrecked my 2014 MBP. Installed and now if I try to use any adobe programs it gives me a black screen and I have to hard reset the laptop to get anywhere. Had to uninstall webdriver completely and now I'm back to rendering with OpenCL again instead of CUDA. I'm terrible at using time machine on my laptop too so I don't have a recent backup to go back to - any help? Or do we just wait for Nvidia to come out with a fix? 

Edited by sam.red

55 minutes ago, sam.red said:

Newest update for 10.13.6 wrecked my 2014 MBP. Installed and now if I try to use any adobe programs it gives me a black screen and I have to hard reset the laptop to get anywhere. Had to uninstall webdriver completely and now I'm back to rendering with OpenCL again instead of CUDA. I'm terrible at using time machine on my laptop too so I don't have a recent backup to go back to - any help? Or do we just wait for Nvidia to come out with a fix? 

Also update - I tried contacting Nvidia, they said to uninstall and then reinstall the 105 version, but I did that and even after resetting my PRAM it still gave me the black screen. Not sure what to do, they said they're working on a fix but until then I guess I'm stuck using the horrible built in GPU that MBP's come with? 

Hi guys

I'm working on web driver on HS 10.13.6 too.

But I have a strange problem when I set the inject Nvidia flag in clover bootloader the web driver works but it's temporary.

I set the inject Nvidia flag in both config.plist in EFI folder mounted with clover configuration and /Volumes/Mac name/EFI but it doesn't work. Can anyone tell me where the problem is? and which config.plist in which EFI folder the clover bootloader relates to? 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

And.. this is a sign of what?

Screenshot 17.png

Your screenshot says 387.10.10.10.40.105, not 387.10.10.15.15.108   ^_^

Here's the link from Nvidia official website - Try to download it.  :P  Also, check the link from OP, the same thing. Like I said, they definitely removed it from the catalog.

I have updated my MacPro to High Sierra 10.13.6 .  The graphics card I have installed is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970.   The NVIDIA Drive Manager indicates that my system has the updated Nvidia graphics driver downloaded from Nvidia's website.  So the issue currently is that when I toggle the driver manager to use the NVIDIA Web Driver instead of the Default macOS Graphics Driver, it shows a dialog box indicating that a restart is needed to implement this change.  Once the restart is complete, the NVIDIA Driver Manager has toggled back to the default macOS Graphics Driver.

Does anyone have any advice for getting the system to use the correct graphics driver?

Is your NVRAM working? this usually happens if it doesn't.

Check Clover boot args nvda_drv=1

Make a signature with your specs too.

Edited by STLVNUB

On 10/6/2018 at 10:56 PM, pmania said:

It looks Nvidia released a new driver although it says already 7 October 2018 if I am not mistaking anyway I already installed it just need to reboot

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/136062/en-us

Or maybe I read the date wrong and it is just 7 July so old maybe

It's July 10th. And it's already on the main page. Sadly. 

Edited by arsradu