Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, createthis said:

So the issue is that the nvidia web driver is built for real Mac SMBIOSes and my motherboard's SMBIOS is feeding the driver bad information which causes the black screen?

There are few iMacs and Mac Laptops (and older versions) and even older MacPros that use nVidia GPU and they manage the GPU's config via DSDT, and yes the SMBIOS you are using for your mainboard may be the cause for the macOS ending up with a black screen.

But let's not go off-topic here we can continue this conversation in PM if you like.

4 hours ago, maerten said:

Anyone who has installed the new NvidiaGraphicsFixup and is on a 4K monitor; do you see any lag/stutter in the webgl water demo as described in this topic:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forums/topic/332311-partial-success-but-with-random-graphics-lags-video-included-coffeelake-1080-ti

I wouldn't call it lag, but with my 1080 Ti and 387.10.10.10.30.103 the WebGL water demo doesn't even move: http://madebyevan.com/webgl-water/

Less than 1 FPS. Not sure if I need to enable hardware acceleration somewhere or what.

I honestly do not notice lag in my both machines, but I recognize more smooth graphics with my simple and miserable Intel HD 520, than with the powerful Nvidia... however I'm also talking about graphics with completely different resolutions and I do not know if the resolution used, may or not have some relation to the lag effect. (I think not!), but on the laptop screen using Intel HD the native resolution is low, whereas on the desktop monitor with Nvidia GTX it is 4K... ^_^

11 hours ago, FredWst said:

Your ID is already in AppleHDAController. (10.13.5 b1)

Something else is wrong.

I use macOS 10.13.4. What about my ID (1b0e) in AppleHDAController, in this case? Thanks

Fantastic news! This is working great for me with latest webdrivers for 10.13.4 and my 1070 Skylake system! At long last. Thanks @lvs1974 and @vit9696! :thumbsup_anim:

Now I don't feel like I need to get an AMD card! A good thing because I could never afford one anyway at current prices

Edited by captain-j
Added more credits
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

These drivers are still far from being good, to Graphics Card Pascal there is still the problem of Audio HDMI, for example GTX 1050, not to mention the lag.... Nvidia could release the source code.

1 hour ago, En0r1m said:

These drivers are still far from being good, to Graphics Card Pascal there is still the problem of Audio HDMI, for example GTX 1050, not to mention the lag.... Nvidia could release the source code.

For sure there are still some issues (there is still some lag when closing safari tabs) but the improvement today is quite better than before. And thats the good news. 

6 hours ago, captain-j said:

Fantastic news! This is working great for me with latest webdrivers for 10.13.4 and my 1070 Skylake system! At long last. Thanks @lvs1974 and @vit9696! :thumbsup_anim:

Now I don't feel like I need to get an AMD card! A good thing because I could never afford one anyway at current prices

:thumbsup_anim: yup working great on my too.

i7 7700k + GTX1080

I'm noticing artifacts in rendered video using the latest nvidia web driver and the latest High Sierra under FCPX. I had to enable my 6700k CPU's iGPU to get decent scrubbing performance in this version of FCPX, which is something I didn't have to do in previous versions. Scrubbing is great, but background renders and exports generate videos with vertical and horizontal grey and green blocks of noise across the frame. Clearing the event generated files fixes the background render until FCPX renders everything again, at which point the bars just appear in different places in the video. I'm rendering a 4k video on my 2013 Macbook Pro tonight because this issue has made my FCPX setup on my hackintosh useless for exports. :-/

34 minutes ago, bergoulle said:

Hi, Anyone else getting this weird resolution (See attachment) ?

Yes, mine has changed from 3840x2160px (which is correct) to 5K as pictured below.

The resolution reported is double what my current resolution is set to (2560x1440px Retina-ish). Perhaps this exact doubling is one of the things that needs to happen for the issue to be resolved?

Regardless, in Displays under System Preferences my maximum resolution available is still reported correctly, so it doesn't seem to affect anything there.

Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 7.34.55 pm.png

387.10.10.10.30.103 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup v1.2.5 work great with one card, but if I try to use dual cards (two GTX 980 Ti's), it kills OpenGL. The water WebGL won't load and Cinebench will say "Apple Software Renderer" for GFX Board.

Since installing Webdrivers for HS I encounter many system restarts when using apps like AE, Mocha, DR etc. when I am using Apple drivers (uninstalling NVIDIA drivers) everything is working fine but no CUDA

I have trued to revert back till 10.13 and still no go, cannot install 10.12 drivers.

Is the drivers causing this issue or my GPU? some other configuration?

can anyone please help me to figure out the problem?

Thanks

On 10.13.4 with 387.10.10.10.30.103  I enabled my 6700k's HD 530 iGPU in addition to my dual SLI 1080 Tis. I'm seeing "green snow" on all rendered output in FCPX. The videos play fine if I delete the render files, but all exports are trashed. Also, I can't fullscreen 4k video playback in FCPX for some reason without stutter. It plays fine in a window.

Hi,  I have a Palit GTX 570 card and have tried to get it to work in my Mac Pro 3.1 running High Sierra  10.13 Beta (17A330h)  it stutters and stuff take ages to see in Itunes.

Can anyone point me in the direction of getting the proper drivers for it?    I previously used a ATI Radeon HD 5870 1 GB card which works fine, just thought I would try this card as I took it out of a defunct Mac Pro 2.1.

Many Thanks if anyone can.

Hi,  I have a Palit GTX 570 card and have tried to get it to work in my Mac Pro 3.1 running High Sierra  10.13 Beta (17A330h)  it stutters and stuff take ages to see in Itunes.
Can anyone point me in the direction of getting the proper drivers for it?    I previously used a ATI Radeon HD 5870 1 GB card which works fine, just thought I would try this card as I took it out of a defunct Mac Pro 2.1.
Many Thanks if anyone can.
Try using latest Lilu.kext + NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk