Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

thank you for the reply and the good whiling to help but...

1- this is Windows method not applicable for OS X and Hackintosh 

2- its 2014 video...many things changed 

3- Adobe already have variety of GtX support this days we don't need to add any unless there is an hiding file in OS X...

I have found this one a newer video however looks like no cuda_supported_cards file exist on CC2018...I tried to add such file but not working.

GPUSniffer giving me CUDA errors...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-K7tRETJcI

--- GPU Computation Info ---

Found 3 devices supporting GPU computation.

CUDA Device 0 -

Name: GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

Vendor: NVIDIA

Capability: 6.1

Driver: 9.1

Total Video Memory: 8191MB

<140736042939264> <Assert> <0> Debug Assert failed!

Expression: result == CUDA_SUCCESS

Failed to load module: Fills, error: CUDA_ERROR_UNKNOWN

OpenCl and Metal is OK only CUDA have a problem...So I guess it is drivers problem

Edited by ergot
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ergot said:

thank you for the reply and the good whiling to help but...

1- this is Windows method not applicable for OS X and Hackintosh 

2- its 2014 video...many things changed 

3- Adobe already have variety of GtX support this days we don't need to add any unless there is an hiding file in OS X...

I have found this one a newer video however looks like no cuda_supported_cards file exist on CC2018...I tried to add such file but not working.

GPUSniffer giving me CUDA errors...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-K7tRETJcI

--- GPU Computation Info ---

Found 3 devices supporting GPU computation.

CUDA Device 0 -

Name: GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

Vendor: NVIDIA

Capability: 6.1

Driver: 9.1

Total Video Memory: 8191MB

<140736042939264> <Assert> <0> Debug Assert failed!

Expression: result == CUDA_SUCCESS

Failed to load module: Fills, error: CUDA_ERROR_UNKNOWN

OpenCl and Metal is OK only CUDA have a problem...So I guess it is drivers problem

Did you try After Effects community. Here and Here

Edited by Matgen84

12 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Did you try After Effects community. Here and Here

After many hours of investigation I believe the CUDA drivers causing many issues and are not stable (for me at list), doing a clean install of OS and then web drivers and CUDA , app like Premier and media encoder can see CUDA acceleration, AE cannot. looks like AE is not configure to work with CUDA (according to Adobe forums) for rendering, I do have OpenCL option on all Adobe.

Testing rendering with CUDA cause some hangups and PC restart - back to start point.

My current conclustion is that Nvidia CUDA driver are not fully optimized to work on Mac OS

Is anyone else can confirm that?

@ergot

cuda is working in a perfect way in differents rigs i own

premiere pro, davinci resolve studio, after effects and all codec or plugin which use cuda to have benefit

maybe problem is different for you

@MICKHAEL

Hi

Could I ask you to try this?

Put latest driver in your working situation

Try to boot with bios key which show disk boot option (for ASUS in my case F8)

choose your OSX disk

and see

26 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

@MICKHAEL

Hi

Could I ask you to try this?

Put latest driver in your working situation

Try to boot with bios key which show disk boot option (for ASUS in my case F8)

choose your OSX disk

and see

sorry to disappoint you, this it's already tried)... I see some people reporting working just in combination with smbios iMac pro

3 minutes ago, MICKHAEL said:

sorry to disappoint you, this it's already tried)... I see some people reporting working just in combination with smbios iMac pro

with a bad bios flashing in my case. I have had same your behavior (black screen but working system if I used team viewer or similar to check, also web driver was selected)

In my case if I was booting with F8 system booted always well

Otherwise black screen (and working system in sharing)

In my case similar results with iMac Pro or MacPro 6.1 Smbios

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

with a bad bios flashing in my case. I have had same your behavior (black screen but working system if I used team viewer or similar to check, also web driver was selected)

In my case if I was booting with F8 system booted always well

Otherwise black screen (and working system in sharing)

In my case similar results with iMac Pro or MacPro 6.1 Smbios

I think I could try a reflashing  procedure. just to found my bios
PS flashing gpu with older and the same rom not helped

Edited by MICKHAEL

1 hour ago, MICKHAEL said:

the bios motherboard? seriously) I flashed all new bios firmware out... 

On x99 board (all manufacture) Nvram is very defective..and could cause some problems

I am saying you because I see that also in your black screen you can access via screen sharing and probably you should can see also web driver active

I also put all bios I can find and patch it..but some time ago I have had problem with 1801 bios

With it perfect system and always a booting system with driver acceleration on 2/3 monitors I have connected

For a reason I have reflashed it with same option on it and always the same 1801 version

I have had black screen and the only way to boot fine (always) was to start with F8 option (boot menu option for my Asus) and choose EFI disk where I have EFI/OSX installed on

if I leave bios to reach clover boot menu and choosing there osx drive I have had always black screen and system on but non visible :)

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, fabiosun said:

On x99 board (all manufacture) Nvram is very defective..and could cause some problems

I am saying you because I see that also in your black screen you can access via screen sharing and probably you should can see also web driver active

I also put all bios I can find and patch it..but some time ago I have had problem with 1801 bios

With it perfect system and always a booting system with driver acceleration on 2/3 monitors I have connected

For a reason I have reflashed it with same option on it and always the same 1801 version

I have had black screen and the only way to boot fine (always) was to start with F8 option (boot menu option for my Asus) and choose EFI disk where I have EFI/OSX installed on

if I leave bios to reach clover boot menu and choosing there osx drive I have had always black screen and system on but non visible :)

that's so strange because we are like talking about a human and not pc )) haha

On April 8, 2018 at 3:06 AM, apple pie said:

387.10.10.10.30.103 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup v1.2.5 work great with one card, but if I try to use dual cards (two GTX 980 Ti's), it kills OpenGL. The water WebGL won't load and Cinebench will say "Apple Software Renderer" for GFX Board.

Im having the exact same issue. Dual 1080tis. You have any luck getting it to work?  Water webgl loads but plays super slow.  Seems like opengl  is broken.

Hi all,

could you please tell me if i should expect NVidia Turbo Boost to finally work (and keep trying that is :) )for my GTX970 or is it just a waste of time? i run on the latest webdriver-30.107, i have previously tried every version rolled out for 10.13, everything works almost perfect except that the GPU does not go above 1000 mhz (when it should reach at least 1178 on turbo, based to gigabyte website-it is a windforce OC). also it doesn't go below 784MHz when in windows it drops to 136MHz.

my mobo is a MSI X79A-GD65 (8D) with an i7-3930K
all measurements are from HWMonitor runnin on High Sierra

thank you in advance

On 5/5/2018 at 7:32 AM, fabiosun said:

@ergot

cuda is working in a perfect way in differents rigs i own

premiere pro, davinci resolve studio, after effects and all codec or plugin which use cuda to have benefit

maybe problem is different for you

Cuda isn't working on my native Apple MacPro 5.1 with Adobe and a NVidia 1050 (Premiere, Media Converter) too. With the latest NVidia Webdriver ( .... 30.107) and Cuda (387.178) i can select Cuda, and others hardware related setting in the main prefs, but when i start the recoding or export everything is grayed out. I will wait till i can make a clean install of MacOS 10.13.5 when it's out. I hope that new drivers or the new clean setup will solve this behaviour.

Edited by Norb

On 5/8/2018 at 9:00 PM, madchiller said:

Im having the exact same issue. Dual 1080tis. You have any luck getting it to work?  Water webgl loads but plays super slow.  Seems like opengl  is broken.

I had this issue with Dual cards 1070. Seems that if you use 2 cards it will break OpenGL.

Only one solution was to use only one card, so if you disconnect one from your motherboard, it will work...

If you find another solution, let me know.

On 5/14/2018 at 8:32 AM, pduke said:

Hi all,

could you please tell me if i should expect NVidia Turbo Boost to finally work (and keep trying that is :) )for my GTX970 or is it just a waste of time? i run on the latest webdriver-30.107, i have previously tried every version rolled out for 10.13, everything works almost perfect except that the GPU does not go above 1000 mhz (when it should reach at least 1178 on turbo, based to gigabyte website-it is a windforce OC). also it doesn't go below 784MHz when in windows it drops to 136MHz.

my mobo is a MSI X79A-GD65 (8D) with an i7-3930K
all measurements are from HWMonitor runnin on High Sierra

thank you in advance

How are you determining that Turbo Boost isn't working?  Are you getting GPU clocks from the FakeSMC plugin?  These are known to be out of date and not read the correct clocks for any Maxwell or Pascal GPU.  In other words, it's almost certain that Turbo Boost is in fact working just fine, it's just that the macOS software doesn't know how to read the correct clock values.

Edit: Here's the source for the Maxwell part of GeForceSensors:

https://sourceforge.net/p/hwsensors/hwsensors3/code3/HEAD/tree/trunk/plugins/GPUSensors/GeforceSensors/gm100.cpp

device->clocks_get = nve0_clock_read;

NVE0 is the Kepler routine, which will simply read the wrong clock values for Maxwell and beyond.

Edited by Asgorath

On 5/16/2018 at 9:03 AM, bsalvador82 said:

I had this issue with Dual cards 1070. Seems that if you use 2 cards it will break OpenGL.

Only one solution was to use only one card, so if you disconnect one from your motherboard, it will work...

If you find another solution, let me know.

I've had this problem with dual Titan X's (Maxwell) since 10.13.3.  The only driver I've found that works with dual cards running MacOS 10.13.4 is 378.10.10.10.25.106.  I also have NividiaGraphicsFixUp.kxet installed as well.

• Like 1