Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

On 5/15/2018 at 5:38 AM, Norb said:

Cuda isn't working on my native Apple MacPro 5.1 with Adobe and a NVidia 1050 (Premiere, Media Converter) too. With the latest NVidia Webdriver ( .... 30.107) and Cuda (387.178) i can select Cuda, and others hardware related setting in the main prefs, but when i start the recoding or export everything is grayed out. I will wait till i can make a clean install of MacOS 10.13.5 when it's out. I hope that new drivers or the new clean setup will solve this behaviour.

I'm on iMac pro 1,1 CUDA working only in Resolve I cannot chose and I don't even have the option to choose CUDA in AE and Pr etc.

This done after a clean install....I think it is related to some configurations/drivers from NVIDIA

Is there a fix for NVIDIA Pascal with dual (or more) monitors in High Sierra? I have trouble with two systems which cannot run two monitors simultaneously at startup, and even after hotplugging the cursors would stay on one screen or it's literally mirrored on both screens.

Systems:

GT1030 (HDMI + DP), iMac17,1

GTX1070 (4K HDMI, 4K DP))  MacPro6,1

Any help / link to a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Allubz

4 hours ago, Allubz said:

Is there a fix for NVIDIA Pascal with dual (or more) monitors in High Sierra? I have trouble with two systems which cannot run two monitors simultaneously at startup, and even after hotplugging the cursors would stay on one screen or it's literally mirrored on both screens.

Systems:

GT1030 (HDMI + DP), iMac17,1

GTX1070 (4K HDMI, 4K DP))  MacPro6,1

Any help / link to a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Keep trying different combinations of ports (different DP, or trying both DP). I found only one combination of ports that lets me use all 3 monitors on my 1080.

I have an issue with all recent drivers that I've tested. At first, all is working normally after a fresh system start. Usually I don't shutdown the system but send it to sleep instead. After one or two sleep cycles the problems appear. It can be a video playback issue, it's impossible to start playback neither in a browser window nor in the system itself. The browser stops rendering pages and hangs on exit. The system becomes unusable.

What it could be?

Hey guys! Any of you have the problem with nvidia PM? I have a quadro m3000m and the freqs stuck at max. Really annoing since it a notebook and fan is always at max so a lot of noise!

Or maybe there is a way (after years of web drivers) to enable native support?

Thanks!

Hi everyone.

Have been following thread(s) on nVidia for a while, and have used search extensively. There is a lot of contradictory information on stability of nVidia drivers.

Most say its not worth it. Some say it is?

Is that just down to variable, er, ability on building a hackintosh?

I have received my 8700k (Silicon Lottery, pre vetted) and would like the brains trust to suggest if I should bother with nVidia purchase:

1. Is it possible (30th May, 10.13.4b era) to get a single 1080ti stable? Especially with CUDA and Premiere and Media Encoder (AE)?

2. Is the driver "quality" better on the Titan Xp? - Is there less 'fiddling' to do on an Xp? (Or was that just a rumour?).

3. Should I just get a Vega FE 64? - Saw the undervolting threads, doesn't look too hard, but its yet another level of injection to support on every point update (probably?).

Am I in the wrong thread? If so, where should I post this?

Thank you Obi Wan Kenobi...

Edited by 13parsecs
clarity

So what is new in 387.10.10.10.35.106? Seems to be quite a version jump, is there any info available, or a changelog?  Also how is the performance with this driver?

I also wonder if Apple optimized anything graphics related in 10.13.5? Cannot find any information here either...

1 hour ago, Funky frank said:

So what is new in 387.10.10.10.35.106? Seems to be quite a version jump, is there any info available, or a changelog?  Also how is the performance with this driver?

I also wonder if Apple optimized anything graphics related in 10.13.5? Cannot find any information here either...

Performance is the same in my rig.

I reverted to previous one for other problems

Edited by Guest

New Driver (387.10.10.10.35.106 (build 17F77) on updated MacOS 10.13.5 on a native MacPro 5.1. Still no hardware (CUDA, Metal....) acceleration in Adobe Premiere or Mediaencoder.

Installation like always: smooth. But also as ever, i need to use an old native Nvidia grafic adapter to boot up. Thats because there is a requester from Apple after the sstem update installation who did not respond to keyboard commands, only mouse. Not easy to hit the right spot it on three big and blank screens. ;-)

I don't understand why apple didn't include a small compatibility mode version of a pascal driver. Regardless of the partnership with AMD or something else. Just a starter paket to 'see' something. Anyway, system is up and running

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:37 PM, Norb said:

New Driver (387.10.10.10.35.106 (build 17F77) on updated MacOS 10.13.5 on a native MacPro 5.1. Still no hardware (CUDA, Metal....) acceleration in Adobe Premiere or Mediaencoder.

Installation like always: smooth. But also as ever, i need to use an old native Nvidia grafic adapter to boot up. Thats because there is a requester from Apple after the sstem update installation who did not respond to keyboard commands, only mouse. Not easy to hit the right spot it on three big and blank screens. ;-)

I don't understand why apple didn't include a small compatibility mode version of a pascal driver. Regardless of the partnership with AMD or something else. Just a starter paket to 'see' something. Anyway, system is up and running

10.13.4 was working fine with CUDA?

I just update CUDA for Webdrivers 07 and I have CUDA for Premiere and Media encoder

Maybe need to wait for CUDA update...I will test 10.13.5 when I get home and share the results.

Edited by ergot

2 hours ago, ergot said:

10.13.4 was working fine with CUDA?

I just update CUDA for Webdrivers 07 and I have CUDA for Premiere and Media encoder

Maybe need to wait for CUDA update...I will test 10.13.5 when I get home and share the results.

Ergot can you benchmark pre and post?

10.13.5 1080Ti * 2 + 1080, Web driver 378.10.10.10.25.106 works (OpenGL, metal, CUDA)

378 drivers work with a little noticeable lag. I removed NVFixUp and Lilu after several KPs when using Premiere, so far no more KP and I will stay on this version for now.

387.10 is completely unusable on my system. All OpenGL applications won't work. Chrome and Firefox are broken, also with random KPs.

Hope NV can come up with a USABLE driver for multiple GPU systems.

EDIT: Several days of heavy use, no KPs or other errors happened.

Guess 10.13.5 + x299 Build + Multiple GPUs + No Lilu & NVFix kexts + 378 drivers is a relatively stable solution right now.

Edited by N01r
Follow up
  • Thanks 1

Well,... No luck for me with the 387.10.10.10.35.106 version. Running an iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB. Whenever I use the NVIDIA Driver Manager to use the "NVIDIA Web Driver" as opposed to the "Default macOS Graphics Driver", the system starts to boot up, then somewhat close to when the progress bar is at 50% the screen gets all jumbled up and the iMac freezes. Then the only way I can boot again is by reverting to the default driver using the command+option+p+r key combination during the boot process (hold them down before the screen first lights up, and only release them after the second beep). Thoughts? Suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I'v had a strange glitch with a latest web driver (for 17F77). My system is gigabyte mb z97x-ud7-th, 32 gb of corsair ram, 4790K cpu and geforce 980 with 2 x dell P2715Q over dp. Sleep isn't working for me, because of memory corruption on wakes. So I have system sleep disabled in settings and 10 min display sleep timeout.
After installation of the web driver update, when my display(s) was going to wake from sleep, system hangs. Display(s) switches on, show black screen for a moment, then off. System seems like working - blinks with hdd led at least. But had no more response for keyboard, trackpad, power button and remote connection impossible.
I tried tons of everything, replug the monitors, update clover, installed NVFixUp, re-install Mac OS  from scratch - no dice. Once I installed in custom EDID in clover, system behavior become even more weird - it waked once with no problems, then on second wake I get all the same :) Rollback web driver to previous version solved this issue completely. Hope this helps somebody to save a couple of hours of time :)

hi guys, anybody got an email from the Webdriver developers? got an issue with a dual 1050 ti setup.

Logic is crashing the window server, if i only install 1 graphic board all is running quite well.

using the beloved patched ...25.106 Webdriver, system is working flawlessly 

6 hours ago, shatterhenner said:

hi guys, anybody got an email from the Webdriver developers? got an issue with a dual 1050 ti setup.

Logic is crashing the window server, if i only install 1 graphic board all is running quite well.

using the beloved patched ...25.106 Webdriver, system is working flawlessly 

It definitely seems to be a problem with dual nvidia cards. There was a previous post on using 25.106 for 2xGTX1080Ti, and I'm using 25.106 for 1xGTX980 and 1xGTX1080Ti. 35.106 no luck at all with dual (multiple) nvidia cards.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi .. I lived well with 10.12.3 ... after an update I had to reinstall everything ... 10.13.5

When I try to activate the web drivers after booting everything stops ... black screen and colored lines .... I tried to add fakesmc lilu ... deactivate sip but nothing

B4E07962-9F21-4D24-9B02-FB6629548CBB.jpeg

2 hours ago, debbe85 said:

Hi .. I lived well with 10.12.3 ... after an update I had to reinstall everything ... 10.13.5

When I try to activate the web drivers after booting everything stops ... black screen and colored lines .... I tried to add fakesmc lilu ... deactivate sip but nothing

B4E07962-9F21-4D24-9B02-FB6629548CBB.jpeg

1. Boot with nv_disable=1

2. Reinstall WebDriver with new one here

3. Terminal: sudo nvram nvda_drv=1

4. Reboot mach.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Badruzeus said:

1. Boot with nv_disable=1

2. Reinstall WebDriver with new one here

3. Terminal: sudo nvram nvda_drv=1

4. Reboot mach.

Good luck.

Thanks for the answer .. Now I have the latest version ... I found that if I connect the monitor with the hdmi cable it works ... THE Problem is the display port !! I can not find anything about it ... I tried to set 1.1 but nothing