Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

Hi 

Please tell me if you have ideas. :)

I use nvidiagraphicsFixUp in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.13. Cuda driver and nvidia web driver are update for macOS 10.13.4. Now, no sound on HDMI Audio output

But if I use only nvidiagraphicsFixUp and cuda driver, sound is coming back. But I have "Update required" message in Cuda prefpane. 

On 4/3/2018 at 1:09 PM, nikitenich said:

In latest NvidiaGraphicsFixup added interface lag solution in High Sierra for Nvidia cards (Kepler+).
Tested on GTX780,  GTX980 and GTX1080.

Thanks to @vit9696

1.2.5-rel-m1.zip

Well...so far so good with Skylake and GTX 950 with the latest driver (I've had issues before, so I can tell the difference). :)

Thank you for posting. And vit9696 for the actual fix.

Edited by arsradu

5 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi 

Please tell me if you have ideas. :)

I use nvidiagraphicsFixUp in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.13. Cuda driver and nvidia web driver are update for macOS 10.13.4. Now, no sound on HDMI Audio output

But if I use only nvidiagraphicsFixUp and cuda driver, sound is coming back. But I have "Update required" message in Cuda prefpane. 

Hi MAtgen84

post your IOREG or search on it for HDAU device id
maybe You could solve HDMI audio problem wih a simple patch (thanks to @FredWst)

Edited by Guest

Hi 
Please tell me if you have ideas. default_smile.png
What version AppleALC are you using?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk Pro

31 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Hi MAtgen84

post your IOREG or search on it for HDAU device id
maybe You could solve HDMI audio problem wih a simple patch (thanks to @FredWst)

Hi fabiosun

I can't upload my ioreg because error -200 "upload failed". HDAU device id seems to be pci10de,e1b. Actually, my monitor is connected from nvidia card instead of HD4000 (my mojo Asus P8z77-v pro)

Thanks

Capture d’écran 2018-04-04 à 15.36.03.png

20 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

What version AppleALC are you using?

I use AppleALC 1.2.4

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi fabiosun

I can't upload my ioreg because error -200 "upload failed". HDAU device id seems to be pci10de,e1b. Actually, my monitor is connected from nvidia card instead of HD4000 (my mojo Asus P8z77-v pro)

Thanks

Capture d’écran 2018-04-04 à 15.36.03.png

According @FredWst finding for Nvidia HDMI/DP for 10.13.4/.5 your HDAU device id is 1b 0e so you can try this in KexttoPatch section

com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController
f
DE100B0E

R
DE101B0E

Comment
FredWst HDMI patch
Matchos 10.13.4

5ac4d5085bd21_Capturedcran2018-04-0415_36_03.png.da5d8b80de994dba80673dc590f3a7c2.thumb.png.176ce07b451234eacfdf38f38669949e.png

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

According @FredWst finding for Nvidia HDMI/DP for 10.13.4/.5 your HDAU device id is 1b 0e so you can try this in KexttoPatch section

f
DE100B0E

R
DE101B0E

Comment
FredWst HDMI patch
Matchos 10.13.4

Don't work in my system. 

Thanks

Edit: the only way for HDMI Audio working is to disabled nvidia web driver. So, I've sound without patch in Kext-to-patch section

Edited by Matgen84

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

Try building AppleALC 1.2.5 from source on github, it now includes *some* fixes for hdmi audio.

Ok, I try it. I hope there is fix for GK107

Edit: same issue if nvidiawebdriver is actived

Edited by Matgen84

53 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Ok, I try it. I hope there is fix for GK107

I don't see in the latest AppleALC patches for GK107.

I manually added patch for GK107, try this AppleALC version: AppleALC_1.2.5_GK107 (DEBUG).zip
Before delete other audio patches.

If it works, I will send pull request.

Edited by nikitenich
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, nikitenich said:

I don't see in the latest AppleALC patches for GK107.

I manually added patch for GK107, try this AppleALC version: AppleALC_1.2.5_GK107 (DEBUG).zip
Before delete other audio patches.

If it works, I will send pull request.

Thanks. But same issue: no HDMI Audio working. If I disable nvidiagraphicsFixUp.kext: AppleALC alone, no HDMI Audio source detected

Edited by Matgen84

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Don't work in my system. 

Thanks

Edit: the only way for HDMI Audio working is to disabled nvidia web driver. So, I've sound without patch in Kext-to-patch section

Your ID is already in AppleHDAController. (10.13.5 b1)

Something else is wrong.

Edited by FredWst
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, maerten said:

Anyone who has installed the new NvidiaGraphicsFixup and is on a 4K monitor; do you see any lag/stutter in the webgl water demo as described in this topic:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forums/topic/332311-partial-success-but-with-random-graphics-lags-video-included-coffeelake-1080-ti

No lag here, dual Samsung 4k monitors. 

Edited by Donw35

5 hours ago, fabiosun said:

f
DE100B0E

R
DE101B0E

Comment
FredWst HDMI patch
Matchos 10.13.4

Thanks to both of you, that did the trick!

I'm using a Maxwell GTX 750 Ti (GM107) so I just used another device-id (DE10BC0F actually) and HDMI audio was back!

BTW, it also works fine in 10.13.5 DP1 :D

Edited by polyzargone
  • Like 1

Just upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra 10.13.4. Installed 387.10.10.10.30.103. Monitor isn't getting a signal on boot. nv_disable=1 allows me to boot into the system. Is this the SIP problem? I'm reading articles saying this was fixed by nvidia and articles saying it is not.

7 minutes ago, createthis said:

Just upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra 10.13.4. Installed 387.10.10.10.30.103. Monitor isn't getting a signal on boot. nv_disable=1 allows me to boot into the system. Is this the SIP problem? I'm reading articles saying this was fixed by nvidia and articles saying it is not.

Is SIP enabled on your hack?

run this command in terminal

csrutil status

If the results is: "System Integrity Protection status: enabled." chance the CsrActiveConfig from 0x0 to 0x67 and it will disable SIP, otherwise there might be some other issues.

Also make sure that you have nVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext inside your /EFI/Clover/kext/10.13 or /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other 

18 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Is SIP enabled on your hack?

run this command in terminal

csrutil status

If the results is: "System Integrity Protection status: enabled." chance the CsrActiveConfig from 0x0 to 0x67 and it will disable SIP, otherwise there might be some other issues.

Also make sure that you have nVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext inside your /EFI/Clover/kext/10.13 or /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other 

SIP was enabled. I saw "System Integrity Protection status: enabled."

I did *not* disable it. Instead, I just installed Lilu.kext and nVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and rebooted. The system came up fine using the nvidia web drivers this time.

Why are these two kexts necessary? Why isn't nvidia just fixing their driver?

Just now, createthis said:

SIP was enabled. I saw "System Integrity Protection status: enabled."

I did *not* disable it. Instead, I just installed Lilu.kext and nVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and rebooted. The system came up fine using the nvidia web drivers this time.

Why are these two kexts necessary? Why isn't nvidia just fixing their driver?

The problem is not the nVidia's web driver it's related to your SMBIOS and the config map that it uses for managing the GPU, there are several configs in the AppleGraphicsDispalyPolicy.kext which will cause the black screen on MacPro 6,1, iMac15 or iMac17,1 and probably newer SMBIOS settings.

Using nVidiaGraphicsFixUp and Lilu or APDG fix or on the fly patch for nVidia GPUs is mandatory.

2 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

The problem is not the nVidia's web driver it's related to your SMBIOS and the config map that it uses for managing the GPU, there are several configs in the AppleGraphicsDispalyPolicy.kext which will cause the black screen on MacPro 6,1, iMac15 or iMac17,1 and probably newer SMBIOS settings.

Using nVidiaGraphicsFixUp and Lilu or APDG fix or on the fly patch for nVidia GPUs is mandatory.

So the issue is that the nvidia web driver is built for real Mac SMBIOSes and my motherboard's SMBIOS is feeding the driver bad information which causes the black screen?