OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

Sometimes having FakeSMC.kext in S/L/E caused me issues so I just moved all the kext I needed to Clover and had Clover inject the kext on the fly, which means you don't need the kext-dev-mode=1 argument

you can use Slice's FakeSMC.kext in S/L/E without kext-dev-mode=1 argument and without issue .

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296460-amdcpumonitor-and-hwsensors-331/

Anyone with both IOS8 and DP3 to report if Handoff is already working? Here's not yet.

Hey, I tried yesterday both from DP2 which still had the Handoff setting in General section and also from DP3 without luck. Honestly if Apple is really going to put restrictions for Handoff it'll be pure nonsense, since that feature is most useful when someone is using a device outside home and wants someone else to see an address or a website and viceversa. Needing bt would mean close range connectivity, I can go and talk to the other person directly then.
  • Like 1

Ok! Clover working on Yosemite! 

Using version 2758 on an USB External Drive.

Dropped FakeSMC and RealtekRTL81xx on EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/10.10 and using my own DSDT and SSDT.

I have iCloud, Messages, App Store, everything!!! 

Now I need to understand all those settings in Clover, for now I'm using Clover Configurator App.

Thanks to everybody who helped me!  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 3

VII is Series 9 Broadwell, I did say Haswell had this problem not Series 9

Wrong nothing to concern about the processor, it's a problem related to the motherboards (Asus Z87 in particular).

I have a Haswell on Z97 + GPT disk + clover installed on the EFI partition... no problem at all.

FYI : Broadwell will come in 2015. Z97 boards actually sold fully support Haswell.

http://www.asus.com/fr/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_GENE/HelpDesk_CPU/

FYI bis : you can boot a GPT disk with a bootloader installed on a MBR USB pen.. definitely tested and approved on Asus MVIG + 4670K.

On a side note is 8086 8cc4 (Z97) in AppleLPC.kext (DP3) ?

• Like 1

So I just was delivered a Vizio CT14-A4 and I'm trying to get yosemite to boot on it. I can get it to boot but my internal display is off and HDMI displays garbage graphics. I feel like I'm doing something simple wrong. I'm using clover in UEFI mode and I've tried GraphicsEnabler yes and no as well as npci=0x2000 and 3000. Kinda swamped here.

CPU:i5-3317U

Graphics: HD 4000

Wrong nothing to concern about the processor, it's a problem related to the motherboards (Asus Z87 in particular).

I have a Haswell on Z97 + GPT disk + clover installed on the EFI partition... no problem at all.

FYI : Broadwell will come in 2015. Z97 boards actually sold fully support Haswell.

http://www.asus.com/fr/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_GENE/HelpDesk_CPU/

FYI bis : you can boot a GPT disk with a bootloader installed on a MBR USB pen.. definitely tested and approved on Asus MVIG + 4670K.

On a side note is 8086 8cc4 (Z97) in AppleLPC.kext (DP3) ?

Not off topic I hope.

Interesting comment regarding Asus Z97. I run an Asus Z87 Deluxe Dual with TB and it runs quite well. I also prefer Asus motherboards over Gigabyte for no particular reason than the Asus BIOS are more solid.

I would like to upgrade to the Z97, but is Z97 chipset far better? Is it worth the extra expense and for what? Are you aware if nvram is saved by the BIOS as the Z87 it sort of works but does not save all fields from Clover. I am running 10.10 and 10.9.4 and they work fine with this board but I do need Clover's EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

So Just tired Yosemite install using Chameleon 2391 boot loader and did update to Exisiting Mavericks 10.9.4,

All is running well  DP3 However slight weird thing going on with Chameleon 2391 boot loader,

Shows, Yosemite drive and then a partition for Mavericks Drive "Raid" that does not exist.. not even in Diskutility .. really weird..

Anythoughts?

Running of Dell Vistro 220 8GB DDR3 Nvidia 9800gtx intell Quad Core

Not off topic I hope.

Interesting comment regarding Asus Z97. I run an Asus Z87 Deluxe Dual with TB and it runs quite well. I also prefer Asus motherboards over Gigabyte for no particular reason than the Asus BIOS are more solid.

I would like to upgrade to the Z97, but is Z97 chipset far better? Is it worth the extra expense and for what? Are you aware if nvram is saved by the BIOS as the Z87 it sort of works but does not save all fields from Clover. I am running 10.10 and 10.9.4 and they work fine with this board but I do need Clover's EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

Without this driver on my setup, in particular, the state of Find My Mac is not saved and restored after a reboot and it's nvram related.

what is right way to rebuild kernelcache from Single user mode ?

because my yosemite reboot after verbos done loading and i get white screen then it reboot ,,, 

any suggestions ?

EDIT :

it booted after  20 times reboot,  :(

what is right way to rebuild kernelcache from Single user mode ?

because my yosemite reboot after verbos done loading and i get white screen then it reboot ,,, 

any suggestions ?

EDIT :

it booted after  20 times reboot,  :(

The best way to manually recreate the kernelcache is this (IMHO) :

sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache -K /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /System/Library/Extensions

If your kernel and/or your Extensions folder are in a different path you must change it. With this command you can produce a kernelcache for your (if you have one) personalized kernel (like atom, amd kernels). For the vanilla one you can use the command above.

Remember, you must boot Yosemite with kext-dev-mode=1 if you want to use the command. In Mavericks you can recreate the kernel of another OS with the correct paths.

e.g. from Mavericks I want to create kernelcache in Yosemite:

sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache -K /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Extensions

So, from Mavericks you don't need kext-dev-mode=1.

• Like 3

Does anyone know how I can recreate the recovery partition for Yosemite? After a few botched installs (and then after restoring my YM partition to my original MV partition when YM became stable enough) I seem to have completely lost it. Any suggestions?

What about AMDRadeonX3000.kext??? Was it renamed or I have to grab a DP1 kext to make my 5450 work? or is it not necessary anymore??

(I will try DP2 and DP3 replacing my Mavericks and I want to make sure the graphics will work).

hello

5450 is not native in amd kext.. must insert the dev id in info.plist kext.. u can do that by clover on fly..

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282787-clover-v2-instructions/?do=findComment&comment=1853204

good hack

With 10.9, edit the config.plist renders smooth desktop. The same procedure in Yos DP3 also does the same but with some artifacts during some operation including switching users screen and shutdown. Then again, this is beta.

I still cannot get ALC888 working. Neither Broadcom brcm4329 wifi works either albeit the same activating script that used to work all the time. These two problems I have already given up as I exhausted my search for clues.

What about AMDRadeonX3000.kext??? Was it renamed or I have to grab a DP1 kext to make my 5450 work? or is it not necessary anymore??

(I will try DP2 and DP3 replacing my Mavericks and I want to make sure the graphics will work).

AMDX3000.kext is still there. If you have working Wifi or ethernet, update to DP3?

With 10.9, edit the config.plist renders smooth desktop. The same procedure in Yos DP3 also does the same but with some artifacts during some operation including switching users screen and shutdown. Then again, this is beta.

I still cannot get ALC888 working. Neither Broadcom brcm4329 wifi works either albeit the same activating script that used to work all the time. These two problems I have already given up as I exhausted my search for clues.

hello

is not this one ?

good hack

This is the patch I used to prevent the HP Lapic KP:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|(\x3B\x05\xAE\xFC\x69\x00)\x74\x11|${1}\xEB\x11|g' kernel

I got it from RehabMan.

Hi, does this patch working for 10.10 DP2 or DP3 now ?

Hi, does this patch working for 10.10 DP2 or DP3 now ?

The correct Lapic patch is integrated into Clover now (well, since the last month actually). You just need to have KernelLapic in the config.plist

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>

<dict>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
<key>KernelLapic</key>
<true/>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<true/>
</dict>

and yes, it functions correctly in DP2 and 3.
  • Like 1

The correct Lapic patch is integrated into Clover now (well, since the last month actually). You just need to have KernelLapic in the config.plist

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>

<dict>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
<key>KernelLapic</key>
<true/>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<true/>
</dict>

and yes, it functions correctly in DP2 and 3.

Is the Lapic patch meant only for PM Built into kernel (XCPM) and not for systems using AICPUPM kext?