OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

Is the Lapic patch meant only for PM Built into kernel (XCPM) and not for systems using AICPUPM kext?

It is a completely different issue... unrelated to power management of any kind.

AMDX3000.kext is still there. If you have working Wifi or ethernet, update to DP3?

Many thanks, yeah it was something wrong I might done when I made the USB installer and noticed more kexts were missing  :)

The correct Lapic patch is integrated into Clover now (well, since the last month actually). You just need to have KernelLapic in the config.plist

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>

<dict>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
<key>KernelLapic</key>
<true/>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<true/>
</dict>

and yes, it functions correctly in DP2 and 3.

Thanks for your suggestion which made first successful booting & installation of 10.10DP in Asus G750JZ laptop.

Unfortunately previous working Intel HD 4600 in 10.9.1/10.9.4 lost QE/CI function in 10.10DP now.

Waiting for the solution of Intel HD 4600 Mobile.

Intel HD 4600 Desktop is working in Asus Z87 Deluxe Dual already !

• Like 1

It is a completely different issue... unrelated to power management of any kind.

Let me rephrase the question.  Is that patch used for Haswell and Ivy Bridge-E only or can it be used for Ivy and Sandy bridge processors.

Let me rephrase the question.  Is that patch used for Haswell and Ivy Bridge-E only or can it be used for Ivy and Sandy bridge processors.

Let me rephrase the answer (which is still the same)...

Local APIC panic has to do with the interrupt controller, not CPU. eg... not related to CPU PM.

APIC == Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controller.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Programmable_Interrupt_Controller

• Like 2

Is the Lapic patch meant only for PM Built into kernel (XCPM) and not for systems using AICPUPM kext?

You can go round and round with the developers about this question and the technical problems it poses, but if I understand what you are trying to ask, my answer is that the Lapic KP occurs primarily with HP laptops so if you have one of those, use it.  Use it whether its Haswell, or Ivy or Sandy so long as you see HP somewhere on the computer.

• Like 1

You can go round and round with the developers about this question and the technical problems it poses, but if I understand what you are trying to ask, my answer is that the Lapic KP occurs primarily with HP laptops so if you have one of those, use it.  Use it whether its Haswell, or Ivy or Sandy so long as you see HP somewhere on the computer.

Note: It affects more than just HP computers, ... and not all HP computers (ProBook/EliteBook are notably exempt). Probably has more to do with the BIOS than specific manufacturer. I've seen it quite often on Toshiba laptops, for example.

Note: It affects more than just HP computers, ... and not all HP computers (ProBook/EliteBook are notably exempt). Probably has more to do with the BIOS than specific manufacturer. I've seen it quite often on Toshiba laptops, for example.

They probly use the same manufacture but diffrent case. 

It also affects Haswell NUC.

As far as I know (and I am SURE i will be corrected if wrong) it does no harm to have the patch enabled in Clover even if your board does not need it....so it seems a sensible option to enable if you are putting together an install stick that might be used on different PCs.

Do we have to wait till the gm or retail version until to run my Envy 17 j178CA? for kernel patch!!! like we have it in ML and Mavericks

Clover works now.

I was under the impression that kext-dev-mode=1 only was necessary the first boot and after rebuilding the cache it wasn't needed to boot anymore. 

I'm using dp3 and I can only have audio working if I boot with kext-dev-mode=1. Without it, no audio.

Does anybody else have this problem?

@Ritte,

As soon as you alter any kext in /S/L/E eg by patching it, its signature becomes invalid and therefore you need kext-dev-mode=1 to load it. 

From my experiments, you only need the boot flag...

1. When booting with kernelcache (you can actually boot Yosemite without caches using Chameleon r2380 -v -f and this doesn't require kext-dev-mode=1.  Unfortunately, Clover can't do this with OSX 10.10 yet)

2. When the kext isn't on Apple's kext exclude list - look at the info.plist inside AppleKextExcludeList.kext and you will see many hackintosh kexts already there :hysterical:

3. When you edit/patch/install the modified kext in /S/L/E instead of letting Clover inject it from /EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.10 eg if you binary patch AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E, its signature becomes invalid so it won't load without kext-dev-mode=1.

AFAIK, injecting kexts from EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.10 mostly bypasses the problem :yes:.

@Ritte,

As soon as you alter any kext in /S/L/E eg by patching it, its signature becomes invalid and therefore you need kext-dev-mode=1 to load it.

From my experiments, you only need the boot flag...

1. When booting with kernelcache (you can actually boot Yosemite without caches using Chameleon r2380 -v -f and this doesn't require kext-dev-mode=1. Unfortunately, Clover can't do this with OSX 10.10 yet)

2. When the kext isn't on Apple's kext exclude list - look at the info.plist inside AppleKextExcludeList.kext and you will see many hackintosh kexts already there :hysterical:

3. When you edit/patch/install the modified kext in /S/L/E instead of letting Clover inject it from /EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.10 eg if you binary patch AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E, its signature becomes invalid so it won't load without kext-dev-mode=1.

AFAIK, injecting kexts from EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.10 mostly bypasses the problem :yes:.

Thanks for your replay :)

I'm using clover and putting the kext in /EFI/Clover/.., doesn't help.

The kext injection usually works since FakeSMS and network kext are in EFI/clover/..