1,156 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

:ninja: mhmm have this error in kernel log .please how to fox ?

SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported chip! ITE sequence ID=0xffff, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff
hmm.. mismatch sizes: 3100 vs 20

and i don't see core voltage...uff ..i use asus z87 deluxe

many thz Kozlek

post-410253-0-24203400-1384080620_thumb.png

:ninja: mhmm have this error in kernel log .please how to fox ?

SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported chip! ITE sequence ID=0xffff, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff
hmm.. mismatch sizes: 3100 vs 20

and i don't see core voltage...uff ..i use asus z87 deluxe

many thz Kozlek

Make a report by aida/everest and send it to kozlek. He will try to add the support ;)

Hi

Another bug report: I think HWMonitor reports wrong CPU speed data (frequency and multipliers). It shows my i5-3230M to work at x22, but according to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext, MSRDumper.kext and DPCIManager, most of the time it works at x12  (like it should).

• 1 month later...

Hello!

Today I both installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext, for the USB 3.0 card I just bought, and HWSensors 6.0.1042.pkg, hoping it would enable control of my case fan.

I couldn't find how to control my case fan so I'd like to uninstall HWSensors, but I'm not sure how to do it. Before rebooting I had renamed /Extra/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext to FakeSMC.kext.orig. Where is the FakeSMC.kext installed by the package? Is there a backup of the original FakeSMC.kext?

Thank you! :-)

• Like 1

Hello!

Today I both installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext, for the USB 3.0 card I just bought, and HWSensors 6.0.1042.pkg, hoping it would enable control of my case fan.

I couldn't find how to control my case fan so I'd like to uninstall HWSensors, but I'm not sure how to do it. Before rebooting I had renamed /Extra/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext to FakeSMC.kext.orig. Where is the FakeSMC.kext installed by the package? Is there a backup of the original FakeSMC.kext?

Thank you! :-)

Everything is installed into the /System/Library/Extensions directory. The /Extra/Extensions directory has been rendered obsolete and its use is ill advised.

Everything is installed into the /System/Library/Extensions directory. The /Extra/Extensions directory has been rendered obsolete and its use is ill advised.

Ok I learn this. But then how do I restore the original FakeSMC.kext in this particular case?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I learn this. But then how do I restore the original FakeSMC.kext in this particular case?

There is no original fakesmc. OSX doesn't contains fakesmc.kext. You added that into it after OSX installation. If you didn't make any backups before you installed hwsensors, then you need to remember what fakesmc.kext did you installed after OSX installation.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Installing kernel extensions in /System/Library/Extensions is vanilla. It's no different from installing third-party drivers on a real Mac.

The whole "vanilla" terminology is a leftover from the old days, vanilla kernel vs. patched kernel, vanilla vs distro etc etc. Don't get hung up on terms :P  just do what works best for you and your hardware.

Using the EFI partition for Chameleon and /Extra is annoying and has no advantages at all. It used to be cool but other than that it never meant anything.

It's much easier to leave the EFI partition alone and use /Extra at the root of your system partition instead.

As for the other thing..

Nowadays, /Extra/Extensions is used primarily when booting an installer partition with UseKernelCache=n.

Post install, once you have added fakesmc and whatever else you need to /System/Library/Extensions and enabled the kernel cache, your kernel extensions in /Extra/Extensions will no longer load - OS X does not know anything about any /Extra folder, and so whatever you keep in there doesn't get included when OS X builds the caches.

The sensor plugins for fakesmc are installed inside the plugins folder of fakesmc.kext. I never use the HWSensor installer myself, but as far as I know that's all the installer does, there are no other files added to your system, except for the HWSensors application of course. I guess HWSensors might drop a prefs file somewhere but that's insignificant.

HWSensors.6.0.1077.pkg is a standard Apple installer package.  These can be examined using the app Pacifist from Charlessoft.  Open the pkg using Pacifist, click on an item of interest like HWMonitor.app and then click on the "Show Info" button.  The pane that opens will tell you that HWMonitor.app gets installed in /Applications.

Likewise, FakeSMC.kext gets installed in /System/Library/Extensions.  And the various sensors kexts get installed inside a Plugins folder hidden inside the FakeSMC.kext (Ie. FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins) 

• 2 weeks later...

gpu sensor is only reading lowest speed for gpu memory(162Mhz) and gpu ROPs(27Mhz)...gpu core shows correctly ramping up and down...also correctly reads voltage changes....but not gpu fan...Asus GT430

...I suppose it's impossible to get temps from a Pentium D? :smoke:..the app does pick up the freq.

Latest version (6.0.1123, downloaded automatically by HWMonitor app) asks for password to decode. I canceled out of password dialog and tried to install anyway. Much trouble ensued. Finally was able to reinstall 6.0.1115.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to start out by saying how much I like this app and how well it has progressed in the last year.  One thing that appeals to me, however, is colorful menubar items.  Therefore, I miss the red temperature icon.  The current icons are also a bit oversized and bulky.  Might it be possible to modify the app to allow different choices for the menubar icons?  Currently, I keep the temperature and the frequency in my menubar and, after every update, I change the temperature and frequency icons to the old icons that are smaller and more colorful.  It's not hard to do but I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like more icon options.  Anyhow, whether this is something you would want to do or not, I will continue to use this app and appreciate the efforts you have put into it.  Thanks.