1,156 posts in this topic

Hi, my Z77X-UD3H (IT8728F) isn't in LPCSensors and was showing incorrect sensors data, eg memory modules at 2.016 instead of 1.524.

I made a change in LPCSensors.kext/Contents/Info.plist and now HWSensors is showing correct data.

With the default Info.plist (loading the Default Platform Profile from ITE IT87x Monitor):

<key>Default</key>
    <dict>
        <key>FANIN0</key>
        <string></string>
        <key>FANIN1</key>
        <string></string>
        <key>FANIN2</key>
        <string></string>
        <key>FANIN3</key>
        <string></string>
        <key>FANIN4</key>
        <string></string>
        <key>TEMPIN0</key>
        <string>Mainboard</string>
        <key>TEMPIN1</key>
        <string>CPU Heatsink</string>
        <key>TEMPIN2</key>
        <string>Ambient</string>
        <key>VIN0</key>
        <string>CPU Core</string>
        <key>VIN1</key>
        <string>Memory</string>
        <key>VIN2</key>
        <string>Power Supply</string>
        <key>VIN3</key>
        <key>VIN4</key>
        <key>VIN5</key>
        <key>VIN6</key>
        <key>VIN7</key>
        <key>VIN8</key>
        <string>CMOS Battery</string>
    </dict>

post-1042363-0-68142500-1409115630_thumb.png

With modified Info.plist (Replaced the Default Platform Profile under ITE IT87x Monitor with the IT8728F Platform Profile):

<key>Default</key>
    <dict>
        <key>FANIN0</key>
        <string></string>
        <key>FANIN1</key>
        <string></string>
        <key>FANIN2</key>
        <string></string>
        <key>FANIN3</key>
        <string></string>
        <key>FANIN4</key>
        <string></string>
        <key>TEMPIN0</key>
        <string>Mainboard</string>
        <key>TEMPIN1</key>
        <string>PCH Die</string>
        <key>TEMPIN2</key>
        <string>CPU Heatsink</string>
        <key>VIN0</key>
        <string>CPU Core</string>
        <key>VIN1</key>
        <key>VIN2</key>
        <key>VIN3</key>
        <key>VIN4</key>
        <string>CPU GFX</string>
        <key>VIN5</key>
        <string>CPU VRM</string>
        <key>VIN6</key>
        <string>Memory</string>
        <key>VIN7</key>
        <dict>
            <key>gain</key>
            <integer>1000</integer>
            <key>name</key>
            <string>Auxiliary 3V</string>
            <key>offset</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>reference</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
        </dict>
        <key>VIN8</key>
        <dict>
            <key>gain</key>
            <integer>1000</integer>
            <key>name</key>
            <string>CMOS Battery</string>
            <key>offset</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>reference</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
        </dict>
    </dict>

post-1042363-0-09034400-1409116243_thumb.png

I don't know if it's 100% correct for Z77X-UD3H but is showing correct data. Hope that helps for future releases.

And thanks for this work. Regards.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello. Couple months ago I posted for help about Asus gryphon and Nuvoton NCT6791D but there was no help. Problem is related with all voltages. In other words only voltages stuck and no change values, other sensors like temp or hdd info are ok. After that all voltage values are wrong and I can post picture for that and all Dumps from Aida64. If Kozlek can help that will be nice.  

Dumps.rar

post-1080457-0-59523300-1412758922.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm injecting FakeSMC.kext with Clover.

How do I install the plugin in the kext that's in Clover directory?

I think the package installer available in your repository looks for FakeSMC.kext in S/L/E folder.

Put it the Plugins directory if it is not there create it, that would be FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/, alternatively you could run the installer then move the .kext from the S/L/E to the clover directory.

• Like 1

No temps/freqs in HWMonitor, RadeonSensors attached to PEGP@0, IOReg attached

Sapphire HD 7750 Low Profile, Device_ID: 683F,

FakeSMC_v5.3.820, GPUSensors_v5.3.820, HWMonitor 6.3.1211

Suggestions?

Edit -  4/3/14, corrected HWMonitor version

Same issue here HD5850...

Also, i got insane temp for main board proximity (126ºC). Do you know something about this?

post-1128367-0-79033400-1413954053_thumb.png

Cannot build HWMonitor.app on 10.10 with latest Xcode.

I keep getting this error:

HWMonitor/PopupFanCell.m:116:31: error: implicit conversion of 'NSInteger'

(aka 'long') to 'NSAppearance *' is disallowed with ARC
  ...fan.engine.configuration.colorTheme.useBrightIcons.boolValue ?  NSPopoverAppearanceHUD : NSPopoverAppearanceMinimal;
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any idea?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kozlek,

Latest revision (6.11.1328) works great here. I just noticed something.

GPU Fan rpm of my GTX 780 was correctly detected for some hours. Now the rpm info is stuck at 19 rpm, no matter what. I don't know how i could help if it's an issue dependent on HWSensors. Thanks.

Hi,

I recently installed my 10.10 and noticed something. In the HWMonitor app all my info is OK but for my GPU it shows 0. I have a amd 7790 graphics card. How can I solve/debug this issue?

Here is a section from my syslog, might be useful:

10/11/14 18:52:17,000 kernel[0]: RadeonSensors (pci1): found ATI Radeon ID: 0x665c, ATOM BIOS: C58203
10/11/14 18:52:17,000 kernel[0]: RadeonSensors (pci1): using device-id to resolve temperature sensor type
10/11/14 18:52:17,000 kernel[0]: RadeonSensors (pci1): adding Sea Islands (CI) thermal sensor
10/11/14 18:52:17,000 kernel[0]: RadeonSensors (pci1): started
10/11/14 18:53:40,000 kernel[0]: RadeonSensors: still waiting for accelerator to start...
10/11/14 18:53:45,000 kernel[0]: RadeonSensors (pci1): found ATI Radeon ID: 0x665c, ATOM BIOS: C58203
10/11/14 18:53:45,000 kernel[0]: RadeonSensors (pci1): using device-id to resolve temperature sensor type
10/11/14 18:53:45,000 kernel[0]: RadeonSensors (pci1): adding Sea Islands (CI) thermal sensor
10/11/14 18:53:45,000 kernel[0]: RadeonSensors (pci1): started

Also a screenshot of HW mon:

post-1078586-0-21713200-1415651114_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. Couple months ago I posted for help about Asus gryphon and Nuvoton NCT6791D but there was no help. Problem is related with all voltages. In other words only voltages stuck and no change values, other sensors like temp or hdd info are ok. After that all voltage values are wrong and I can post picture for that and all Dumps from Aida64. If Kozlek can help that will be nice.  

I'm having the same issue! (Asus Maximus VI Impact Z87 - i7 4790k)

post-260373-0-75497200-1418460160_thumb.png

Something I've noticed is that Power Supply 6 seems to correlate with my cpu multiplier. It ramps up to 0.63V when turbo boost is on and if I lower my voltage with an offset, it also drops.

I was experiencing overheating, so I dropped vcore to 1.04V and now Power supply 6 goes between 0 and 0.58V.

I'd love to be able to see the actual Vcore.

post-260373-0-13001600-1418460132_thumb.png

My CPU frequency is also spiking to 1000THz every so often.

post-260373-0-17760600-1418460176_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

I'm running 10.7.5 in 32-bit kernel & drivers mode on a Thinkpad T61 with X3100 graphics (device ID 2A02). T8100 CPU.

I tried a couple of older versions of HWSensors and also managed to do a 32-bit build from the latest sources. But the GPUSensors plugin doesn't want anything to do with the X3100.

I know this is stoneage equipment but it should work right? I get readings from ACPISensors and CPUSensors just fine. Any special requirements for GPUSensors to attach?

I keep a copy of fakesmc (with plugins inside) in both /Extra/Extensions (for booting into my installer partition) and in /S/L/E on the OS partition.

Not a peep from gpusensors during boot. com.apple.driver.AppleHWSensor and "gpu-sensor" are attached to AppleIntelGMAX3100FB in ioreg.

If anyone is interested in taking a look at this...let me know what else you need.

I'm running 10.7.5 in 32-bit kernel & drivers mode on a Thinkpad T61 with X3100 graphics (device ID 2A02). T8100 CPU.

I tried a couple of older versions of HWSensors and also managed to do a 32-bit build from the latest sources. But the GPUSensors plugin doesn't want anything to do with the X3100.

I know this is stoneage equipment but it should work right? I get readings from ACPISensors and CPUSensors just fine. Any special requirements for GPUSensors to attach?

I keep a copy of fakesmc (with plugins inside) in both /Extra/Extensions (for booting into my installer partition) and in /S/L/E on the OS partition.

Not a peep from gpusensors during boot. com.apple.driver.AppleHWSensor and "gpu-sensor" are attached to AppleIntelGMAX3100FB in ioreg.

If anyone is interested in taking a look at this...let me know what else you need.

Hey,

Kozlek decided do not support old hardware such as X3100. 

It is my branch that supports it. See my signature.

• Like 1

Thanks Slice, will do. I'm using Kozlek's branch out of habit. I was already thinking about trying your version next, seeing your Inspiron 1525 has the X3100.

/Edit #1

Cool, it works, I have GPU temp reading. Thanks!

/Edit #2

Woah, spoke too soon. Rebooting with External display connected I get a Kernel Panic: "AppleIntelGMAX3100FB GPU parser error".. then a ton of:

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TGxx (a screenful of keys starting with TG) kSMCBadArgumentError (0x89) fkeyHashTable 0x0x5b28a00

/Edit #3

Can't reproduce... odd

Thanks Slice, will do. I'm using Kozlek's branch out of habit. I was already thinking about trying your version next, seeing your Inspiron 1525 has the X3100.

/Edit #1

Cool, it works, I have GPU temp reading. Thanks!

/Edit #2

Woah, spoke too soon. Rebooting with External display connected I get a Kernel Panic: "AppleIntelGMAX3100FB GPU parser error".. then a ton of:

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TGxx (a screenful of keys starting with TG) kSMCBadArgumentError (0x89) fkeyHashTable 0x0x5b28a00

/Edit #3

Can't reproduce... odd

We should move the discussion to another topic as this is OT here.

"AppleIntelGMAX3100FB GPU parser error". - is related to SMC keys that will be correctly produced by Clover+myFakeSMC+HWInfo. I am not sure other solutions do this.

"SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TGxx" - this is spam version of AppleSMC.kext. See a replacement in my package HWSensors-rev15.

What is the best place to get the latest FakeSMC?

Latest Kozlek's version see links in topic.

Latest my version see in my signature.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...