1,156 posts in this topic

I get the following error during boot on my Dell laptop:

kernel[0]: FakeSMC: [Error] failed to obtain OEM vendor & product information from DMI

@Timewalker - any luck in getting the HWSensor app to show more sensor information?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Real Deal, have you had success with that kext? Someone else with a 4670K just reported failure on the download page... so I'm curious... I might look at exploring other haswell holes in the code this evening. Unfortunately I only have the one CPU to test on. I only just noticed CPUSensors reporting 16 cores & 16 threads for your cpu... I have a few ideas of where to look.

Edit: well apparently the other guy with a 4670K got it working and I just misunderstood his first post.

Hi,

I haven't tested. I'd like to stick to Kozlek stuff.

I have cloned the sources on my rig ; tried to edit the CPUSensors.cpp but it's harder than i thought. I don't know what exactly add/remove and where. 

NB : it is written in this file as a todo : Update for Haswell 

I get the following error during boot on my Dell laptop:

kernel[0]: FakeSMC: [Error] failed to obtain OEM vendor & product information from DMI

@Timewalker - any luck in getting the HWSensor app to show more sensor information?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not using HWmonitor on my Dell, I'm using iStatPro widget with modified outputs: http://cl.ly/image/0N3O1p1X2z3W

Using DSDT edits fir ACPISensors to work. (I know there isn't a NB on my machine, it's a temp sensor in the memory compartment)

Don't want to install Windows to run HWMonitor to grab sensor info for your board?

I made a bootable CD ISO with BartPEWindows XP, and CPUID HWMonitor v1.23.

1. Use OS X Disk Utility to burn to a CD.
  2. Reboot
  3. In BIOS, disable AHCI; Use IDE mode for your drives
  4. Boot from the CD
  5. Run HWMonitor
  6. Plug in 2GB or smaller thumb drive to save HWMonitor output/screenshots

Why a CD, not USB? I'm lazy and making a USB is a lot more steps.

Grab it at http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=4026

Hello and thank you for this amazing tool.

Everything is ok in my main pc but in laptop i have i have no voltage fan sensors and it gives me this error on boot.log

SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship ITE sequence ID=0xffff, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff

can i do something for that or do you want more debug.

• Like 1

Kozlek thanks for fix.Now I can build project file with several warnings but everything seem ok

But after restart kexts do not want to load and I can't boot.Only solution is to re-install.

I see "can't to resolve library dependency". It means you have bad Info.plist or kext loaded before its parent. It may occur if you put kexts in extra. Do not do this!

• Like 1

I see "can't to resolve library dependency". It means you have bad Info.plist or kext loaded before its parent. It may occur if you put kexts in extra. Do not do this!

HWSensors.5.2.655 worked on my test/recovery install, then i try to upgrade with lastest version.

I had the same problem as @applegeek with HWSensors.5.2.731.

first, i boot my first hard drive to repare the test/recovery system with reinstalling the 5.2.655.

also, the fakesmc.kext on test/recovery hard drive still bad, and the installer removed fakesmc.kext from my first hard drive.

after reboot, all partition give the same error as @applegeek.

to not reinstall all, i decided to reinject the fakesmc.kext.

before make the test, i copied it on a other hard drive.

here how i done:

boot my first system in single user mode

-s

mount hard drive (in real this one is a raid0 of 2 SSD)

/sbin/mount -uw /

mount the hard drive contening the copy of the original fakeSMC.kext

ls -l /dev/disk*

mine was /dev/disk3s3 in hfs

mkdir /disk

mount -t hfs /dev/disk3s3 /disk

i check if FakeSMC.kext is really there

ls /disk/ | more

So i have to copy it to /System/library/Extensions/

cp -r /disk/FakeSMC.kext /System/library/Extensions/

i check it

ls /System/library/Extensions/ | more

then reboot

reboot

All fine.

i save my install and my time ...

about HVsensors, surely i should install plugins and not the FakeSMC.kext ...

i it's better to do it manually, to be sure of what is done.

I wanted to install it to verify a overcloking, but my hackintosh is even so good, i'll stay like that for the moment.

config:

antec twelve hundred v2

ga-x58a-ud3r

raid0 SSD 2x128Go (fist system)

wd 1To (test/recovery system + DATA partition)

12Go ddr3 1066MHz

intel I7 950 3.07GHz

Lion 10.7.5 Server

Areca sata controller for raid

5x3To wd red (12To)

6x2To wd green (10To)

geekbench v2 during running few apps and plugins : 9592

http://browser.primatelabs.com/user/60920

Thanks to all hackintosh developers and supporters.

• Like 1

hello  I did not want to GPUSensors asked why.
FakeSMC.kext length version 5.2.731 has a boot device.
I need to go back to the FakeSMC.kext length version 8.1.685 by c0ercion meeting this link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/107-fakesmc-w-haswell-cpu-sensor-. for-1089 /.
Screen+Shot+2556-07-29+at+2.56.52+AM.png

hello  I did not want to GPUSensors asked why.
FakeSMC.kext length version 5.2.731 has a boot device.
I need to go back to the FakeSMC.kext length version 8.1.685 by c0ercion meeting this link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/107-fakesmc-w-haswell-cpu-sensor-. for-1089 /.
Screen+Shot+2556-07-29+at+2.56.52+AM.png

See, CPU Core is 0.036V that is very wrong. It must be about 1V

• Like 1

Q: I have an new Nvidia GT 440 (G108) card. Is it possible to install/use the gpusensor or (i read in the past) make problems on such cards?

There is a chance for influence. I never saw such reports but I think the influence is possible.

I'm running on my sig config, and with the last two HWSensors versions, i can't get to the boot screen, i'm using .678 now and i't all running great.

I get this in verbose on the latest HWSensors : 7/30/13 7:34:16.000 PM kernel[0]: FakeSMC: [Fatal] forbidding start on Apple hardware

• Like 1