1,156 posts in this topic

Can you add a monitor for hard drive temperatures like this one in iStat ?

Maybe in future.

HWMonitor work on MSI P55-GD65 + i7-870, doesn't works on P8Z68 Deluxe Gen3 + i5-2500K

P8Z68 - it is Asus mobo? Asus usually using Winbond chip for monitoring. Show me your kernel log please.

Also I could see your CPU have 4 cores and IntelThermal erroneously shows 10.

Works on my notebook (NvClock, IntelThermal, SuperIO and Winbond).

I have my CPU and GPU shown in HWMonitor, does it need to show some more sensors from the Winbond.kext? (like Mobo sensors)

It seems like it doesnt load on boot (not shown in kernel.log) or it loads but doesnt work, i have an ASUS notebook,

Cheers

Thanks for your work mozodojo :)

Works on my notebook (NvClock, IntelThermal, SuperIO and Winbond).

I have my CPU and GPU shown in HWMonitor, does it need to show some more sensors from the Winbond.kext? (like Mobo sensors)

It seems like it doesnt load on boot (not shown in kernel.log) or it loads but doesnt work, i have an ASUS notebook,

Cheers

Thanks for your work mozodojo :)

If one of superio plugins detected something, in kernel log should be a message starting with It87x, W836x, F718x or NSCPC8729x.

Nothing in kernel log?

• Like 1

I want to introduce new "old" opensource fakemsc project with hardware monitoring plugins with new GUI utility - HWMonitor.

Please, leave requests and issues on project's home on GitHub: https://github.com/Mozodojo/HWSensors

Use GitHab utility or other git tool to clone repository on your computer. Project includes sources, installer and compiled binaries. If you want manually install kexts they are located in "Binaries" folder. Installer package located in "Installer" folder.

Project will not be in existence without revolutional SMC emulator (fakesmc) by netkas. Special thanks to slice and user-sse2 for plugins. Big part of this project based on OpenHardwareMonitor opensource project by Michael Möller.

How does your FakeSMC hardware sensors iteration differ from that of Slice's FakeSMC branch? Also, where is the IntelCPUMonitor.kext? Thank You.

If one of superio plugins detected something, in kernel log should be a message starting with It87x, W836x, F718x or NSCPC8729x.

Nothing in kernel log?

if i run it with It87x, it shows unsuported chipset detected, with W826x doesnt show anything and havent tried the last two.

NvClock and IntelThermal show that are loaded and working in kernel.log. Anything i should try?

Cheers

if i run it with It87x, it shows unsuported chipset detected, with W826x doesnt show anything and havent tried the last two.

NvClock and IntelThermal show that are loaded and working in kernel.log. Anything i should try?

Cheers

Yes you could try to install all of the Super I/O plugins together. If you're lucky you'll get monitoring.

Looks like this with Z68XP-UD4. Should have only 4 core temperatures and multipliers are not showing. Cpu heatsink temperature is really Ambient, Motherboard should be Cpu temperature and 3rd sensor that now says Ambient is probably really disconnected, that 25 C never changes on Windows or OS X.

post-375259-0-62101700-1328307699_thumb.png

Looks like this with Z68XP-UD4. Should have only 4 core temperatures and multipliers are not showing. Cpu heatsink temperature is really Ambient, Motherboard should be Cpu temperature and 3rd sensor that now says Ambient is probably really disconnected, that 25 C never changes on Windows or OS X.

post-375259-0-62101700-1328307699_thumb.png

I could add your Super I/O's profile with proper temperatures translation into kext config. But first I should to know which chip manufacturer and revision you have. Show me your kernel log, please.

Is there a proper way to install this via the installer. I tried installing it over my existing FakeSMC kexts and it didnt reboot after the install. Booting into windows and replacing the old kexts allowed me to boot again.

Thanks!

Remove old FakeSMC before instilling new one. Just move it to trash and run installer.

• Like 1

Also, where is theIntelCPUMonitor.kext? Thank You.

Also my question.

I use now the new fakesmc and started with the ITEIT87x.kext first

But said cant load by problem in the depenences. Can it be that it also needs the other SuperIOFamily.kext installed too?

After installing both it worked.

Which plugin is needed to show that seen multipliers?

Also my question.

I use now the new fakesmc and started with the ITEIT87x.kext first

But said cant load by problem in the depenences. Can it be that it also needs the other SuperIOFamily.kext installed too?

After installing both it worked.

SuperIOFamily.kext is necessary to run superio plugins. If you manually install kexts you should know what you do. Otherwise use installer.

Which plugin is needed to show that seen multipliers?

IntelThermal

Hi Mozo!

In kernel.log i get this message:

W836x: [Warning] wrong vendor chip ID=0xb3 REVISION=0x53 VENDORID=0xffff

My sensor-chip is Winbond W83667HG-B.

post-21904-0-66483900-1328335012_thumb.png

Thank you.

wrong vendor error - will think about it. Try the new version I'll upload today later.

I could add your Super I/O's profile with proper temperatures translation into kext config. But first I should to know which chip manufacturer and revision you have. Show me your kernel log, please.

This what you need ?

Feb  4 13:25:37 localhost kernel[0]: IT87x: based on code from Open Hardware Monitor project by Michael Möller (C) 2010
Feb  4 13:25:37 localhost kernel[0]: IT87x: mozodojo (C) 2011
Feb  4 13:25:37 localhost kernel[0]: IT87x: found ITE IT8728F

This what you need ?

Feb  4 13:25:37 localhost kernel[0]: IT87x: based on code from Open Hardware Monitor project by Michael Möller (C) 2010
Feb  4 13:25:37 localhost kernel[0]: IT87x: mozodojo (C) 2011
Feb  4 13:25:37 localhost kernel[0]: IT87x: found ITE IT8728F

I added your chipset profile into plugin. Check the repository.

Hi mozo

Most new Asus boards have Nuvoton IO chips, owned by Winbond. Do you have any plans to add support for these? Data sheets are on the net, the open source Hw monitor code does contain support for them. I'd be happy to help with testing, thanks for all your work so far

Hi mozo

Most new Asus boards have Nuvoton IO chips, owned by Winbond. Do you have any plans to add support for these? Data sheets are on the net, the open source Hw monitor code does contain support for them. I'd be happy to help with testing, thanks for all your work so far

Why not? Will add it later.

I added your chipset profile into plugin. Check the repository.

Now Cpu heatsink is showing value that is labeled as System in Windows programs, Motherboard is showing that disconnected sensor and real Cpu heatsink is missing. I had Prime95 running in background and I know that real Vcore value on full load is 1.380 V, correct Dimm voltage is probably 1.64 V, it is set to 1.65 V in bios. I have a feeling that now only temperatures of first two cores are shown two times, third core on my cpu always runs warmer than others. Fan speed reading and Radeon temperature seem to be correct.

post-375259-0-06107700-1328362537_thumb.png

Here is same situation with old FakeSMC:

post-375259-0-67803400-1328364127_thumb.png

Voltages are wrong here also but temperatures are correct because I rearranged names in IT87x.kext

Info.plist.zip

Now Cpu heatsink is showing value that is labeled as System in Windows programs, Motherboard is showing that disconnected sensor and real Cpu heatsink is missing. I had Prime95 running in background and I know that real Vcore value on full load is 1.380 V, correct Dimm voltage is probably 1.64 V, it is set to 1.65 V in bios. I have a feeling that now only temperatures of first two cores are shown two times, third core on my cpu always runs warmer than others. Fan speed reading and Radeon temperature seem to be correct.

post-375259-0-06107700-1328362537_thumb.png

Here is same situation with old FakeSMC:

post-375259-0-67803400-1328364127_thumb.png

Voltages are wrong here also but temperatures are correct because I rearranged names in IT87x.kext

Info.plist.zip

DIMM voltage is really could be something else. Could you run OpenHardwareMonitor in Windows and get a screenshot?

Would be extra nice, mozodojo, if you add,

that your version is not compatible with slice´s project on projectosx ( intelcpumonitor !!!)

it totally bombed my system and as fakesmc is urgently needed to start, its a mess to repair.

and i like to install it on /extra, what your installer doesnt allow.

DIMM voltage is really could be something else. Could you run OpenHardwareMonitor in Windows and get a screenshot?

I see now what is happening, you are using channels 1 & 2 as Vcore and Dimm voltage, but they are actually on channels 6 & 7.

post-375259-0-70992800-1328370919_thumb.png