Chameleon Wizard - Utility for Chameleon.

janek202

681 posts in this topic

Thanks DarwinX but I've looked there and there is no SMC Version listed for several models, especially the MacBookAir3.1 that I am looking for. Googling around it would seem that 1.67f4 was the last version before the updater was released Feb 7th (Looks like it is now listed as MacBookAir3,2 now).

I've figured out that this should correspond to "MS42N2Y0" for the REV key in FakeSMC (I am using 2.5) but it doesn’t show up that way in System Profiler. I've also tried using the HEX of "31 2e 36 37 66 34" but is still doesn't show up as 1.67f4.

screenshot20120215at113.png

Hello, I tried to hide the partition 2 from disk0 but it is stil lvisible, the file org.chameleon.Boot.plist has been changed to:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2)</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Is something wrong with the code?

Thanks

Vasco

Indeed, Janek... Guys please first check the functionality and operation, before asking anything Chameleon or Wizard-related.

Chameleon hiding is only for the GUI menu at boot.

To hide a volume from the system itself, you must edit/create the file fstab in /etc/ so please use Google, it's still your best friend.

As for pkdesign searching for MacBookAir3,1 I suggest you start with searching in Google "MacBookAir3,1 DMI" and also cross-reference it with:

http://browse.geekbe...q=MacBookAir3,2

If you end up having a working model, please post it here or send it to Janek in PM to include it in Chameleon.

Thanks.

Compile/Export tab:

Compile/Decompile: It compiles (DSL => AML), and decompiles (AML => DSL) DSDT. AML is compiled version that Chameleon uses. DSL is decompiled version for edition.

Export: Exports DSDT from your BIOS/UEFI, so you can edit it.

Patch tab:

Apply patch: It allows to patch original, unmodified DSDT with patch file. The patch file contains all modifications that are useful. It must be generated with the same motherboard model and bios version. It uses standard patch command.

Create patch: It helps to generate patch file. You need two DSDT files. The first one, that is unmodified, original, and one that has all the modifications.

It will calculate all the differences between them and save it to patch file. It uses standard diff command.

IASL tab:

You can update IASL to the latest version. (That's the tool that compiles and decompiles DSDT).

Also there are some advanced options, that you don't have to worry about.

Quick Patch tab:

It will extract DSDT from your motherboard, patch it using DSDT patch file, compile it and put the DSDT.AML file in /Extra directory.

Why not simply put somebody else's DSDT?

Because there are many things that might affect DSDT tables like: number of RAM modules, BIOS settings, BIOS version, CPU type, and more.

The best way is to save your dsdt and modify it.

I will never recommend using somebody's DSDT. It might affect system performance and stability.

• Like 4

Um, how do I remove file associations? So that the .plist files won't have a Chameleon Wizard icon?

1. Manually edit/remove the com.apple.LaunchServices.plist in the ~/Library/Preferences directory.

2. Select the Open With context menu by right clicking on the file, point to Other in the following subcontext menu, then choose an application to open the file ensuring to tick the Always Open With option at the bottom of the dialog window.

Okay, after MUCH Googling and try and error, this is what I've come up with for smbios and SMC Version. I hate to say it but the smbios data I got from using Champlist and some Google searches. This is what I am using (minus serial number):

<!--?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?-->

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>SMbiosvendor</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>MBA31.88Z.0061.B01.1011181342</string>

<key>SMboardmanufacter</key>

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

<string>Mac-942452F5819B1C1B</string>

<key>SMfamily</key>

<string>MacBookAir</string>

<key>SMmanufacter</key>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>MacBookAir3,1</string>

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>Search for Serial</string>

<key>SMsystemversion</key>

<string>1.0</string>

</dict>

</plist>

The harder one was the correct SMC Version key for FakeSMC. All this base64 and hex stuff made me crazy. Using online tools, I never got the correct code but after studying Prasys "Editing FakeSMC" I just winged it and following his instructions and came up with the following:

<!--?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?-->

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>

<string>English</string>

<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>

<string>fakesmc</string>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>org.netkas.fakesmc</string>

<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>

<string>6.0</string>

<key>CFBundleName</key>

<string>fakesmc</string>

<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>

<string>KEXT</string>

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>

<string>2.5</string>

<key>CFBundleSignature</key>

<string>????</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>2</string>

<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>

<dict>

<key>FakeSMC</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>org.netkas.fakesmc</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>FakeSMC</string>

<key>IOMatchCategory</key>

<string>IOACPIPlatformDevice</string>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>AppleACPIPlatformExpert</string>

<key>IOResourceMatch</key>

<string>ACPI</string>

<key>SMCKeys</key>

<dict>

<key>MSDS</key>

<data></data>

<key>BEMB</key>

<data></data>

<key>$Num</key>

<data>AQ==</data>

<key>ACID</key>

<data>AAAAAAAA</data>

<key>BALG</key>

<data>AAAAAAAA</data>

<key>LSOF</key>

<data>AQ==</data>

<key>LSSB</key>

<data>AQE=</data>

<key>MSSD</key>

<data>AA==</data>

<key>MSSP</key>

<data>AA==</data>

<key>NATJ</key>

<data>AA==</data>

<key>NVPR</key>

<data>AAAAAAAA</data>

<key>OSK0</key>

<string>ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpl</string>

<key>OSK1</key>

<string>easedontsteal©AppleComputerInc</string>

<key>REV </key>

<data>AWcPAAAE</data>

</dict>

<key>debug</key>

<false>

<key>smc-compatible</key>

<string>smc-mpc</string>

<key>tjmax</key>

<integer>100</integer>

</false></dict>

</dict>

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>

<dict>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily</key>

<string>1.0.0d1</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>

<string>7.0</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>

<string>8.0.0d0</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.unsupported</key>

<string>8.0.0b1</string>

</dict>

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>

<string>Root</string>

</dict>

</plist>

The important thing to look for here is the <REV > key which turns out to be <AWcPAAAE> which corresponds to 1.67f4 which is what I consistently found in Google searches for a MacBookAir3,1. The RAW key when using Property List Editor is <01670f00 0004>. Also be sure to change the <smc-compatible> key to <smc-mpc>.

Hope that helps someone else.

1. Manually edit/remove the com.apple.LaunchServices.plist in the ~/Library/Preferences directory.

2. Select the Open With context menu by right clicking on the file, point to Other in the following subcontext menu, then choose an application to open the file ensuring to tick the Always Open With option at the bottom of the dialog window.

Yes, but by default it shouldn't change file associations without asking first. :)

Application doesn't change it.

To make opening files possible by dragging files on icon I had to declare what types It can open, by editing info.plist file, to tell OS X how It should react.

Your system changed file associations itself. My application doesn't have any code that changes file associations.

Also If you created *.patch files please share it with others. That's the only way to make most of DSDT features useful.