Chameleon Wizard - Utility for Chameleon.

janek202

681 posts in this topic

New test version.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7085278/Chameleon_...aller/CW_TV.zip

Added French translation and updated Chinese ones.

Added new Mac Minis sbioses + serial generations.

Added new Info.plist keys: "Skip revision check at startup" and "Skip revision check always". Setting it to <true/> should prevent crashing on systems with raid.

However Chameleon Wizard does not support raid volumes and probably never will.

A small aesthetic issue. In EFI mode, when I select 'Target partition' = EFI, the description displays wrongly: 'No chameleon installed on selected partition'.

Works fine here.

Added new Info.plist keys: "Skip revision check at startup" and "Skip revision check always". Setting it to <true/> should prevent crashing on systems with raid.

Works fine here.

That's OK.

For Raid volumes, we have to use EFI partition for /Extra and boot, so every things are yet here to work. I can see EFI partitions on the combo box but the mount menu did not work (even on my USB key).

Fr translation update:

fr.lproj.zip

Hello!

Excellent app, janek and by this app you helped me a lot!

By this app I could update easily my chameleon and I love it.

But I have a very annoying problem.

History

My currently installed Chameleon's version is 1465 and putting GraphicsEnabler to Yes in this version makes my OSX to recognize my VGA much better. (I have a VTX3D Radeon 5670 device id: 68B9).

I'm using Lion for months and I had QE/CI without problems after putting my device id to the right kexts. but! A few applications simply crashed on launch( DVD Player, Counter-Strike Source, Team Fortress, Heroes of Newerth).

After installing the new Chameleon and putting GE to Enabled my OSX can start ALL of these applications without problems.

But. Right now the OSX doesn't recognizing the right settings for my monitor. It does detects that I have two monitors attached and only lets me to set 4:3 ratio resolutions so I can't use my monitor's native resolution which is 1440x900

The dual-monitor recognizing isn't a true problem because in system prefrences I set the second monitor to mirroring so that does not matter anymore.

The question is: How can I make my OSX or chameleon or whatever to detect the right resolutions? Can I extract the right information from a well-working status? Because I can boot by an older chameleon if needed.

Can I force a resoltion somehow or is there any method?

Thank you,

Chris

Since day 1 my ati hd4870 card just worked out of the bos and still does except if i dont use GraphicsEnabler to Yes in the boot my source games wont load they just crash so GraphicsEnabler to Yes is a good idea even if card works out of box

Since day 1 my ati hd4870 card just worked out of the bos and still does except if i dont use GraphicsEnabler to Yes in the boot my source games wont load they just crash so GraphicsEnabler to Yes is a good idea even if card works out of box

Yes, GraphicsEnabler=Yes helps me to get everything working. But by this I can't get wide-screen resolution on my monitor only 4:3 resolutions are allowed.

So somehow I have to tell my osx or vga or chameleon that I'm having a wide-screen monitor with native 1440x900 resolution.

New test version.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7085278/Chameleon_...aller/CW_TV.zip

Added French translation and updated Chinese ones.

Added new Mac Minis sbioses + serial generations.

Added new Info.plist keys: "Skip revision check at startup" and "Skip revision check always". Setting it to should prevent crashing on systems with raid.

Works fine here.

hello janek

i revised the portuguese from Portugal translation , little mistakes

en.lproj.zip

tanks four yours good work

I use them as my itx build is spec wise identical to a mac mini 5,1 and my old one was an almost copy of the 3,1 one.

The 3,1 one has worked for almost 3 years now without issues!

For me it would be no problem getting all the different values for the MacBook air.

One final thing about mac mini 5,x, since the HD3000 can be made to work now using a macmini5,1 smbios does make a lot of sense. Just to bad I have HD2000 on my cpu now and that can't be made to work yet.

If you want to use the HD2000 without acceleration, but else full resolution and even dual / triple monitors you can do the following:

This is based on the standard 10.7.1 version of the AppleIntelxxGraphicxx kexts, the 10.7.1 update (updated / later build) for the Macmini5,1 AppleIntelxxGraphicxx kexts are not tested yet...

0. Enable screen sharing as the very first thing you do and verify that it works - then you can later connect and fix any problems as if the connector tables are wrong or do not match you motherboard you will get stuck in various variants of the grey boot screen.. The system are still up and running, but only have not connected properly to the motherboard connectors, but screen sharing works...

1. Use "Graphics Enabler = No" with Chameleon Wizard (/E/org.Chameleon.Boot.plist)

2. Use Macmini5,1 in the smbios.plist (change the MacMini text string to Macmini to get proper representation in the SystemInformation and in finder of other Mac´s)

3. Remove the device id (0x01028086 or what your system shows as the id) from the Gen6 - IOPCIPrimaryMatch string in the info.plist /S/L/E/AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

4. In the info.plist of the /S/L/E/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext - the device id (0x01028086) should only be found in the IOPCIPrimaryMatch of the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsController2 section and NOT in the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB section..

NB! the device id should be found ONLY once in this info.plist...

5. If the display connectors do not work properly with your motherboard - inject the proper data with this method:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=30464

6. In the BIOS setup allocate the maximum amount of shared RAM to the HD2000/3000 graphics

Now the HD2000 should work with full resolution and the IORegistryExplorer and SystemInformation should display it as a Intel HD3000 with 512MB (8GB system RAM), 384MB (4GB system RAM) or 288MB (2GB system RAM).

If you use "Graphics Enabler = Yes" it will be displayed as a "unknown GPU" so Chameleon do not work properly with the device id´s of the HD2000 yet...

The majority of motherboards cannot assign the full 512MB shared RAM so to avoid graphics distortion / glitches you can reduce the system RAM so the BIOS setup of shared RAM and the rapported use of VRAM match...

This is a motherboard issue / fault as there are motherboards around that can assign up to above 1600MB to the Intel HD graphics..

All translations included in the latest version.

Also added new feature: Premade SMBios and Serial generator updater. Now there's no need to update whole application only to add new items.

Hi janek202,

Thanks for continued support :thumbsup_anim:

The new version does not see my old SMBios... am I missing something?

post-702132-1315137994_thumb.png post-702132-1315138020_thumb.png

The wizard does not see what Chameleon sees on my Hack :unsure:

All translations included in the latest version.

Also added new feature: Premade SMBios and Serial generator updater. Now there's no need to update whole application only to add new items.

Is it possible to make some changes to the "GraphicsEnabler = Yes" function in org.chameleon.Boot.plist??

Intel HD2000 graphics with device id 0x01028086 are identified as "Unknown".

With "GraphicsEnabler = No" it is identified (wrongly?) as Intel HD3000..

Is it also possible to change the SMproductname from MacMini5,1 to Macmini5,1 in the smbios.plist generator??

For my setup the MacMini5,1 gives the picture of a monitor in both "about this mac" and in finder of other Mac´s.

Macmini5,1 gives the correct Mac mini picture in both instances.

The SMfamily name MacMini also gives some strange behaviors.

Macmini or Mac mini works better...

Thanks for the Chameleon Wizard :(

Is it possible to make some changes to the "GraphicsEnabler = Yes" function in org.chameleon.Boot.plist??

Intel HD2000 graphics with device id 0x01028086 are identified as "Unknown".

With "GraphicsEnabler = No" it is identified (wrongly?) as Intel HD3000..

It's an issue with Chameleon bootloader, not my application. I'm not a chameleon developer, I can't do anything about that.

Is it also possible to change the SMproductname from MacMini5,1 to Macmini5,1 in the smbios.plist generator??

For my setup the MacMini5,1 gives the picture of a monitor in both "about this mac" and in finder of other Mac´s.

Macmini5,1 gives the correct Mac mini picture in both instances.

The SMfamily name MacMini also gives some strange behaviors.

Macmini or Mac mini works better...

Should be ok now. Update the Premade SMBioses database by clicking on the refresh button.

Should be ok now. Update the Premade SMBioses database by clicking on the refresh button.

There is still an "bug" with the Chameleon Wizard app.

If the SMfamily name are written with a "M" in Mini either as "MacMini" or "Mac Mini" Chameleon Wizard displays the correct picture of a Mac mini.

If the SMfamily name are written with a "m" in mini either as "Macmini" or "Mac mini" Chameleon Wizard displays the picture of monitor and not the picture of a Mac mini.

In "about this Mac" / Systeminformation there is the correct picture and the text "Mac mini" so this works and it is only a display issue with Chameleon Wizard.

The issues with SMproduct was cured with the Macmini5,1 fix.

If the SMfamily name are written with a "m" in mini either as "Macmini" or "Mac mini" Chameleon Wizard displays the picture of monitor and not the picture of a Mac mini.

I know. I arleady fixed the code. But it's not that big issue, that requires release of the whole new version right now.

Edit: Never mind I fixed some other bugs. Released.

I used Chameleon Wizard a while ago to upgrade to 1098 fron 643 and it worked fine. I now tried to update to a newer version (tried several actually) and I renamed Boot.plist to org.Chameleon.Boot.plist etc. I have an nVidia 8400GS and it lost the settings for it and changed the res and hz etc and no DVI output. Also no Chameleon GUI even though its selected. And worse yet the audio and video is choppy. As there was no option in Chameleon Wizard to go back before rev 1200 I ended up reinstalling 643 from the dmg installer and now all is well. Another problem - If I changed anything at all in the Boot.plist with the editor in Wizard and saved the changes when I reboot I get KP and have to delete Boot.plist and replace it with an old copy to boot again. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Does

ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI\ " | grep UID

work the same way?

I think so, gfxutil also gets it from ioreg

// Obtain the I/O Kit root service.
			service = IORegistryGetRootEntry(kIOMasterPortDefault);
			assertion(service, "can't obtain I/O Kit's root service");							

status = IORegistryEntryCreateIterator(service, kPlane, 0, &iterator);
			assertion(status == KERN_SUCCESS, "can't obtain children");

RecursiveFindDevicePath(iterator, optarg, kPlane, &DevicePath, &match);
			if( (DevicePath != NULL) && match )
			{
				devpath_text = ConvertDevicePathToText(DevicePath, 1, 1);
				if(devpath_text  != NULL) printf("DevicePath = %s\n",(devpath_text != NULL)?devpath_text:"???");
				free(devpath_text);
				free(DevicePath);
			}
			else
			{
				printf("DevicePath not found!\n");
			}
			return 0;