Chameleon Wizard - Utility for Chameleon.

janek202

681 posts in this topic

RIght now i've Chameleon 2.1 r1819, when i start Chameleon Wizard it shows Dropbox version r1820 (builbot is down ATM)i select Install from Dropbox and it says that it's successful but the version showed at bottom remains the same. I've restarted the system, restarted Chameleon Wizard but it shows the same. ¿What i'm doing wrong? I'm Using Chameleon Wizard 4.0.1

Hi Janek,

I have seen quite a few people complaining about "boot0: error" when installing Chameleon to HDDs with 4 K sectors

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/129/

Looks like dd can't write boot1h to a mounted partition, but it will work if you unmount the partition before running dd and use /dev/diskXsY instead of /dev/rdiskXsY

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/129/#ic1657

What about including an option in Chameleon Wizard which unmounts the target partition (if it's not the current root partition, of course) before running dd command?

diskutil unmount diskXsY
dd if=boot1h of=/dev/diskXsY
diskutil mount diskXsY

Regards.

• Like 1

Hi, I posted this in another forum also, but I think it's worth to post here also.

I've been struggling lately to configure my Chameleon, to be honest it looks like it's not listening to me at all, I tried to change boot.plist file in my Extra folder and also in

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

folder, still nothing, tried to use Chameleon Wizard to reinstall it, nothing, I would like to hide some partitions, install a theme and do some other tweaks, I can't even figure out how to boot in 32bit mode, adding -arch=i386 at the prompt doesn't help, thus can't really figure out why I get really choppy flash videos (except Youtube in Chrome, which works very well)

Have been browsing the forum many times for an answer, no luck, and I'm not quite the biggest noob in looking for something and/or configuring my OSx86 machine.

Thanks in advance for answers and help.

As of 03/03/12, every time Chameleon Wizard connects to the buildbot, the app crashes:

Process: Chameleon Wizard [741]

Path: /Applications/Chameleon Wizard.app/Contents/MacOS/Chameleon Wizard

Identifier: janek202.Chameleon-Wizard

Version: ??? (4.0.1)

Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [112]

Date/Time: 2012-03-04 13:26:43.893 -0700

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.3 (11D50)

Report Version: 9

Interval Since Last Report: 138380 sec

Crashes Since Last Report: 7

Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 215 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 7

Anonymous UUID: 022FE66C-30F4-4CF0-9BAA-53F780318B4C

Crashed Thread: 4 Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.default-priority

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:

objc[741]: garbage collection is OFF

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[__NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil value (key: Full Name)'

I have done absolutely nothing in regards to my system at the time of my 1st attempt, one minute Chameleon Wizard worked, then after the latest build was posted for the Buildbot, crash, every time, and is persistent on my test system as well. The problem seems to be the build bot server.

hey mate, I love your tool and I use it regularly to keep chameleon updated!

One Option that might be great for future releases is the debug=0x100 option.

It gives you details in case your mac crashes what the cause of the issue is!

Keep up the good work!

Janek, thank you all for your great job!

I can't read all thread, and I can't find search or printable view for this new forum-engine.

I'm sorry if somebody asked this question already.

I use EFI partition to store the Chameleon Loader there, and EFI support is enabled.

But Chameleon Wizard can't install themes to EFI, because it detects only one empty EFI partition on the second disk (with Time Machine backups).

Could you fix it?

Regards,

Anton.

• 2 weeks later...

For whatever reason, I cannot boot my octo-core hack pro using any Lion-compatible bootloader options, including this one - every time i try it gives me just a split second of the apple logo and immediately reboots. Any suggestions? i've tried everything, even replacing the motherboard.

specs:

Mobo: Asus Z8NA - D6

CPUs: 2 x Intel Xeon 5530

RAM: 24 Gb Hynix DDR3 1333

Sys Disk: Corsair Force GT 120gb SSD

Several other internal and iSCSI disks

If anyone has any suggestions i would be forever in your debt!

BTW: I use the chameleon wizard on my other HackPro - its an amazing tool

Thank you in advance

• 1 month later...

Been having some trouble with Speedstep and I just found out (thanks to Revogirl) that the model-id was incorrect. I was using a SMBios from Chameleon Wizard and the values from there was:

MacMini5,1

Mac Mini

Changed it to:

Macmini5,1

Mac mini

And got a bunch of new p-states.

Thanks, Greggen for your find. I honestly thought that with capitalized or not, it wouldn't make a difference. You actually got P/C states without changing anything else? Amazing...

Janek, can you please substitute these values for the Mac mini, in your SMBIOSes? "Mac Mini" to "Mac mini" and "MacMiniX,X" to "MacminiX,X". I must also find the "Mac Pro" ID if needs be the same... That includes "MacBook Pro" as "MacBook pro"? Anyone to confirm?

UPDATE: Just called a friend who owns a real Mac mini from 2007. He confirmed that the ID and model are as such (from System Profiler):

Model Name: Mac mini

Model Identifier: Macmini2,1

By googling "macbook pro system info" and looking at images it seems like the correct value is:

MacBookProX,X

MacBook Pro

And for Mac Pro:

MacProX,X

Mac Pro

Can't confirm though but I guess it should be correct.

Thanks, Greggen, I have dug into the system files and in file /System/Library/CoreServices/Resources/SPMachineTypes.plist I see the following official descriptors:

<key>Macmini2,1</key>
<string>Macmini</string>

<key>MacBookAir1,1</key>
<string>MacBookAir</string>

<key>MacBookPro5,2</key>
<string>MacBookPro</string>

<key>MacPro4,1</key>
<string>MacPro</string>

I am afraid there's no space in the model e.g. Macmini or MacPro.

I am confused... remember that SMBIOS.plist doesn't necessarily need to be the value seen in System Profiler...!

Thanks, Greggen, I have dug into the system files and in file /System/Library/CoreServices/Resources/SPMachineTypes.plist I see the following official descriptors:

<key>Macmini2,1</key>
<string>Macmini</string>

<key>MacBookAir1,1</key>
<string>MacBookAir</string>

<key>MacBookPro5,2</key>
<string>MacBookPro</string>

<key>MacPro4,1</key>
<string>MacPro</string>

I am afraid there's no space in the model e.g. Macmini or MacPro.

I am confused... remember that SMBIOS.plist doesn't necessarily need to be the value seen in System Profiler...!

True, but I guess the ID is the thing thats important. And I can guarantee that changing that M to lowercase made a difference.

Confirmed from another file at /System/Library/PreferencePanes/EnergySaver.prefPane/Contents/Resources/WOLShutOffList.plist

<dict>
<key>MachineList</key>
<array>
 <string>MacBook1,1</string>
 <string>MacBook2,1</string>
 <string>MacBook3,1</string>
 <string>MacBook4,1</string>
 <string>MacBook5,1</string>
 <string>MacBook5,2</string>
 <string>MacBookPro1,1</string>
 <string>MacBookPro1,2</string>
 <string>MacBookPro2,1</string>
 <string>MacBookPro2,2</string>
 <string>MacBookPro3,1</string>
 <string>MacBookPro4,1</string>
 <string>MacBookPro5,1</string>
 <string>MacBookPro5,2</string>
 <string>Macmini1,1</string>
 <string>Macmini2,1</string>
 <string>Macmini3,1</string>
 <string>iMac4,1</string>
 <string>iMac4,2</string>
 <string>iMac5,1</string>
 <string>iMac5,2</string>
 <string>iMac6,1</string>
 <string>iMac7,1</string>
 <string>iMac8,1</string>
 <string>iMac9,1</string>
 <string>MacPro1,1</string>
 <string>MacPro2,1</string>
 <string>MacPro3,1</string>
 <string>MacPro4,1</string>
</array>
</dict>

I guess the space could exist in the model itself, but as Greggen points out, the spelling for ID MacminiX,X is needed. Others are OK.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I just noticed that RestartFix=Yes doesn't seem to be written in org.chameleon.Boot.plist with Wizard 4.1.0. Is this now embedded into chameleon bootloader and only RestartFix=No is needed?

Janek can you please confirm? Anyone else?

Guys I just noticed that RestartFix=Yes doesn't seem to be written in org.chameleon.Boot.plist with Wizard 4.1.0. Is this now embedded into chameleon bootloader and only RestartFix=No is needed?

Janek can you please confirm? Anyone else?

I read in the chameleon source code some weaks ago that it's enabled by default.

• Like 1