Chameleon Wizard - Utility for Chameleon.

janek202

681 posts in this topic

@Janek202,

Thanks for making this great tool and sharing it. I have a quick question about the EFI format. After formating should I get any kind of message confirmation? Formatting should be done when the EFI is mounted correct, sorry if that is a stupid question or not?

This has probably been said a million times but I haven't found an explanation yet.

Why in all versions of chameleon later than 1187 does the apple boot logo change from the grey screen with logo to a black screen with a lower res apple logo and sit in the upper left of the screen instead of the nice normal one that sits in the middle?

Is there any way around this?

Thanks

Hi,

I have boot0: error that I don't know how to fix. I try chameleon wizard but with no luck :-(

this is my diskutil list, so please help step by step...

also, if it is possible, can I have only Lion and Windows7 partition in chameleon? is it possible to "hide" other partitions in chameleon ?

I would like to see only disk0s2 and disk1s2

please help

post-519059-1316445714_thumb.png

That is correct. To hide a partition, simply add this argument to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist: Hide Partition=hd(x,y)

this isn't work for me :-(

if anyone would like to connect to my mackintosh with team viewer and try to look what is going wrong...or what else can i try?

PM me.

this isn't work for me :-(

if anyone would like to connect to my mackintosh with team viewer and try to look what is going wrong...or what else can i try?

PM me.

Use the Chameleon RC 5 Installer. That is a quick easy way to not have to worry about doing any terminal commands:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=93376

Just make sure you install it on the right drive that you want to boot off of.

Hi janek202,

There is one issue that have caused me and I expect MANY others a lot of troubles.

And I think there is only one easy way to avoid the problem for now and that is in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist

The problem are multiple partitions and DSDT and that the DSDT are loaded from another partition when not found in the default partition.

Maybe there also are issues to witch DSDT that are loaded in a multi boot partition setup??

Even if I have set the "default partition" to "hd(0,3)" and have NO DSDT the DSDT found on "hd(0,2)" are loaded.

It took me a lot of time and trouble to find the cause to the unexpected errors and KP´s..

Can you add a setting to the Chameleon Wizard to select the DSDT and also unselect the DSDT by giving the correct commands in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist ??