Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

@iFabio,Scrax,BlackOSX

I used the experimental dmg,

it reset my com.apple.boot.plist , deleting all my settings. and replacing it with:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
</dict>
</plist>

that was the only bug i got, boot installed fine

EDIT: I see my plist has been moved to ExtraBackup. Still its a bit intrusive, if i hadn't checked i would have got a KP on next boot.

I did'nt click anything in the dmg installer that would have edited plist.

@iFabio,Scrax,BlackOSX

I used the experimental dmg,

it reset my com.apple.boot.plist , deleting all my settings. and replacing it with:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
</dict>
</plist>

that was the only bug i got, boot installed fine

EDIT: I see my plist has been moved to ExtraBackup. Still its a bit intrusive, if i hadn't checked i would have got a KP on next boot.

I did'nt click anything in the dmg installer that would have edited plist.

same bug for me :D

Thx for the reply and thx for "found" the bug.

Added a note relate to the bug, near the dmg link.

Question:

- Is better a pkg with all the option... like prefpanel,compiled binary, themes, c.a.B.p config ecc..

or

- a slim pkg with just the binary installer?. (like one present into the experimental dmg).

Fabio

Question:

- Is better a pkg with all the option... like prefpanel,compiled binary, themes, c.a.B.p config ecc..

or

- a slim pkg with just the binary installer?. (like one present into the experimental dmg).

Fabio

This one. :thumbsup_anim:

Question:

or

Hi iFabio,

My thoughts considering pkg main intended purpose being for new installs it should include "all the option"

Question:

or

Fabio

I think that there ought to be two versions, one complete with all the options for new installs and reinstalls and the other, a slimmer one for simple binary updates from the trunk. Perhaps, it may seem rather redundant, but I believe in retrospect, it shall prove quite effective.

Update to revision 693.

Still present the "bug" on the c.a.B.p (so take care at your backup)

Improvements...

- Dmg background (is not perfect...)

- "Info"popup at mount the dmg.

Fabio

Pls feedback suggestion, correction, bug, spaghetti and what else...

I like so much the .DMG, with very basic translation for now, but works great! Thank you Fabio :thumbsup_anim: I can help :) if needed for the description or something in spanish you know. Ah, one question please, by using the .pkg, the target partition will be always flagged "active"?

I like so much the .DMG, with very basic translation for now, but works great! Thank you Fabio :glare: I can help ;) if needed for the description or something in spanish you know. Ah, one question please, by using the .pkg, the target partition will be always flagged "active"?

The "script" used into the "slim" pkg installer contain both boot0&boot0hfs (that script coming from a Blackosx job)

so it check the destination disk format and automate the installation of boot0 or boot0hfs.

Fabio

hi everyone. Ive used chameleon on several machines and have nothing but admiration for the work you guys have put in. Recently I tried the latest revision of chameleon R656 on a 16gb pen drive but my UD7 rev 1 bios F6 refuses to post with chameleon installed on the pen drive. I tried the same installer on a 2gb pen drive and viola it works..!! I once again tried it with my 16GB pen drive partitioned and it hangs again not even letting me into bios. I wanted to know if there is any restriction on installing chameleon on a partition larger than 2GB. Please let me know if there is any further information that i can provide.

Cheers..

I have the same problem with an 8GB USB install stick that I frequently use. It appeared ~rev580ish or so. If I use an RC5 rev from 2xx it works fine.

I have no problems with actual hard disks, only with a USB plugged in with it. I also install exclusively on Gigabyte motherboard. P55, P55A, x58A all have had the same problem.

I mentioned this a month ago or so, but no one replied that I am aware of. It is not a power issue or a non-POST issue. The computer POSTs and then freezes at detecting drives. If I reboot with the USB unplugged it works perfectly.

It is clearly due to the presence of a USB device with RC5 installed on it. I don't know why my X58a-UD3R rev2.0 or P55A-USB3 display this interaction with RC5 on a USB, but I assume it is somehow motherboard specific or requires several conditions to be displayed.

Greetings Programs!

I'm using r693 and I'm having a difficult time figuring out the proper syntax for: config=

I have used it in the past, but now cannot find the magic combination to actually make it work.

Here are some of the combos I've tied:

config=/Extra/Other/

config=/Extra/Other/com.apple.Boot.plist

config=bt(0,0)/Extra/Other/com.apple.Boot.plist

config=bt(0,2)/Extra/Other/com.apple.Boot.plist

config=/Extra/Other/com.apple.Boot.plist rd=disk0s2

And several others, all to no avail.

I have a com.apple.Boot.plist file in /Volumes/Cham/Extra/Other/ which is on disk0s2 and is my bootable partition. In com.apple.Boot.plist I put in a Wait=Yes so that I would know for sure when that Boot.Plist file is running.

Thanks!

@blackosx

hi

i need some help

successfully i resolve my bootloader problem now i have osx with darwin active after many reinstall

now i can resolve hfs+ error with fdisk -e /revdisk0...

and diskpart

but on the same time i have a big bulsh""t because when i boot into vista after log on i have black screen with pointer so i ":ctrl alt del " and "explorer.exe " i have a desktop window and no application it s a temp session

my user files still inaccessible but i can see them onto osx

i use diskpart command fro; vista recovery dvd

bcdedit command and anything i found in internet

repair restore vaio recovery function don t open

just cmd

in opening bootmgr with textmate from osx i see it is corupted or maybe

there s a problem of user key too

but failed to fix with regedit

what can i do ?

please help

i have no boot efi on the nst file

how can i do the letter of c:/ change and on vista boot osx partition have the letter c:/

how can i repair my vista mbr :laser::blink::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::compress:;):ihw_pop::blowup:

thanx for reply

I have the same problem with an 8GB USB install stick that I frequently use. It appeared ~rev580ish or so. If I use an RC5 rev from 2xx it works fine.

I have no problems with actual hard disks, only with a USB plugged in with it. I also install exclusively on Gigabyte motherboard. P55, P55A, x58A all have had the same problem.

I mentioned this a month ago or so, but no one replied that I am aware of. It is not a power issue or a non-POST issue. The computer POSTs and then freezes at detecting drives. If I reboot with the USB unplugged it works perfectly.

It is clearly due to the presence of a USB device with RC5 installed on it. I don't know why my X58a-UD3R rev2.0 or P55A-USB3 display this interaction with RC5 on a USB, but I assume it is somehow motherboard specific or requires several conditions to be displayed.

I have that problem too on a 4GB usb stick. I'll try with a 2GB

EDIT: with 2 GB no problem...

but this seems a chameleon problem,if so it's not related to the installler discussed in this topic

Guys, about the loading from "big" usb sticks problem, i suggest someone creates a topic on VoodooProjects forums or an issue on the repo.

a good year to everyoneone :)

Hi jlvaio

i need some help

successfully i resolve my bootloader problem now i have osx with darwin active after many reinstall

now i can resolve hfs+ error with fdisk -e /revdisk0...

Well done for having OS X up and running again.

but on the same time i have a big bulsh""t because when i boot into vista after log on i have black screen with pointer so i ":ctrl alt del " and "explorer.exe " i have a desktop window and no application it s a temp session

my user files still inaccessible but i can see them onto osx.

I don't know what a temp session is... But from OSX, can you copy your user files?

i use diskpart command fro; vista recovery dvd

bcdedit command and anything i found in internet

repair restore vaio recovery function don t open

just cmd

in opening bootmgr with textmate from osx i see it is corupted or maybe

there s a problem of user key too

but failed to fix with regedit

what can i do ?

Sorry to say, but I'm not sure. It sounds like you've tried most solutions but maybe too many of them can do more damage than good?

i have no boot efi on the nst file

how can i do the letter of c:/ change and on vista boot osx partition have the letter c:/

how can i repair my vista mbr

Note sure as you can't boot from your recovery DVD. Maybe try using a PE environment.. search for BartPE - You might at least be able to rescue your files..