Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Toleda, i'm not the best person to advise you on that, since i have no experience with SSDT tables.

I guess you're trying to enable native power management!? If so check this topic. My cpu is too old for that stuff so, knowledge is limited on this matter.

p.s.: updated the Preference Pane to latest revision. Same link: http://www.mediafire.com/?a9wcsfm8yscxy

Azimutz Posted Today, 04:13 AM

Toleda, i'm not the best person to advise you on that, since i have no experience with SSDT tables.

I guess you're trying to enable native power management!? If so check this topic. My cpu is too old for that stuff so, knowledge is limited on this matter.

p.s.: updated the Preference Pane to latest revision. Same link: http://www.mediafire.com/?a9wcsfm8yscxy

Thanks for the response and update.

It looks like chameleon creates the tables (bdmesg);

ACPI table not found: SSDT.aml

FADT: Restart Fix applied!

FADT: Using custom DSDT!

Found ACPI CPU: P001

Found ACPI CPU: P002

Found ACPI CPU: P003

Found ACPI CPU: P004

Found ACPI CPU: P005

Found ACPI CPU: P006

Found ACPI CPU: P007

Found ACPI CPU: P008

SSDT with CPU C-States generated successfully

P-States: min 0x9, max 0x12

SSDT with CPU P-States generated successfully

RSDT: Added 2 SSDT table(s)

Starting Darwin x86_64

Of course I like that chameleon creates the tables. I can't figure out why chameleon can't find the table in the first place. (it's there with both DSDTSE and a unix extract). Any ideas?

Hi!! Thanks for your work! I installed the latest revision (656) and it works great. But I want to solve a little problem, I think it's only cosmetic....

I set SystemId with my MAC address to inject UUID, so I removed PlatformUUID.kext.

Bdmesg reports this: Customizing SystemID with : 00000000-0000-1000-8000-001a4d498b11 (that's right) but in System Profiler-Hardware UUID there is another value... I'd Like to report the exact value in System Profiler.. I've read that's a RC4 problem. How can I solve this? Thanks

P.S A few month ago I've installed RC4

Profiler.tiff

hi everyone. Ive used chameleon on several machines and have nothing but admiration for the work you guys have put in. Recently I tried the latest revision of chameleon R656 on a 16gb pen drive but my UD7 rev 1 bios F6 refuses to post with chameleon installed on the pen drive. I tried the same installer on a 2gb pen drive and viola it works..!! I once again tried it with my 16GB pen drive partitioned and it hangs again not even letting me into bios. I wanted to know if there is any restriction on installing chameleon on a partition larger than 2GB. Please let me know if there is any further information that i can provide.

Cheers..

Bdmesg reports this: Customizing SystemID with : 00000000-0000-1000-8000-001a4d498b11 (that's right) but in System Profiler-Hardware UUID there is another value... I'd Like to report the exact value in System Profiler.. I've read that's a RC4 problem. How can I solve this?

You can't, there is nothing to solve, it's by design. Rekursor explained it here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1359776 (continue reading the thread for more info).

Guys, thanks for the Pref Pane thanks you's :P you're too kind...

The only difference to the ones you can find here, is the "Extract ACPI" button working;

it fails because the script that does the job is not added to the project resources.. simple fix.

Hi!! Thanks for your work! I installed the latest revision (656) and it works great. But I want to solve a little problem, I think it's only cosmetic....

I set SystemId with my MAC address to inject UUID, so I removed PlatformUUID.kext.

Bdmesg reports this: Customizing SystemID with : 00000000-0000-1000-8000-001a4d498b11 (that's right) but in System Profiler-Hardware UUID there is another value... I'd Like to report the exact value in System Profiler.. I've read that's a RC4 problem. How can I solve this? Thanks

P.S A few month ago I've installed RC4

Rik26, you only need to use the SystemId key if the booter doesn't find your real one; it's now retrieved from dmi bios automaticaly.

If the booter doesn't find it, there's a default one. And if you really need to use the key, use your "real" uuid, not the MAC address thing.

This doesn't invalidate what Gringo Vermelho mentioned; the only place were you can see the real uuid is on IOreg,

IODeviceTree:/efi/platform/system-id

Edit: Chameleon also posts the "real" uuid, while booting with -v or on bdmesg.

hi everyone. Ive used chameleon on several machines and have nothing but admiration for the work you guys have put in. Recently I tried the latest revision of chameleon R656 on a 16gb pen drive but my UD7 rev 1 bios F6 refuses to post with chameleon installed on the pen drive. I tried the same installer on a 2gb pen drive and viola it works..!! I once again tried it with my 16GB pen drive partitioned and it hangs again not even letting me into bios. I wanted to know if there is any restriction on installing chameleon on a partition larger than 2GB. Please let me know if there is any further information that i can provide.

Cheers..

If the machine doesn't POST, i very much doubt that the booter has anything to do with it :P

But... Did you ever had problems starting the machine with that stick plugged in?

Maybe to many usb devices connected..?! and that one just draws a little too much juice.

Edited by Azimutz

Hi Coders,

überprüft mal die Chameleon 2 RC5 Versionen da vielleicht ein Bug enthalten ist!!! Wenn das Themes Default in Extra enthalten ist wird vermutlich die com.apple.Boot.plist in Extra nicht geladen.

Mein Englisch ist sehr schlecht.

Hi Coders,

reviewed once the Chameleon 2 RC5 versions there perhaps a bug is included! If the default theme is included in Extra likely will decrease in extra com.apple.Boot.plist not loaded.

hi there i dont know if this is just my stupidity when it comes to these things or not but, i am now running rc4 and tried to update to this rc5. now the installer says install complete and everything seems fine, but when i reboot its like it never installed, i still get the rc4 version loading up.

any ideas how i can fix this?

@blackosx

sorry for no recent reply but it rain {censored} around me and i can t spend sometimes to repair or use my computer

so where i am:

i have activate c./ partition but won t loadosx when activate

so i activate osx partition and install a old release of [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

and it launch the menu and i can boot from the two os

but there s problem with vista bootloader when i tried to configure the entry it give another letter to osx hdd it 's "i" instead of "j"

i think it 's because i have a fat32 partition who is hidden

hidden for osx hidden for vista but seen by chameleon so i think it makes a "nst" or "boot.efi" error in vista

but i can t mount the partition:

i use xfdisk extended from ubcd(ultimate boot cd) and if i use the option to show the partition it hidde another and when i tried to show the new hidden partition it purpose only to delete or format

i can t format the fat32 because i ve data on it

how can i show this partition without erasing another

hdd0

hidden vaio partition

c./ partition vista

osx partition activate

hdd1

vista partition for data no system

second osx partition

hidden fat32 partition

i need to use vista because i don t have internal screen enable because there's no fix now for vaio

and because i can t walk or travel with second monitor in my hand i must use vista

thanx for reply

Hi jlvaio

so i activate osx partition and install a old release of [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

and it launch the menu and i can boot from the two os

but there s problem with vista bootloader when i tried to configure the entry it give another letter to osx hdd it 's "i" instead of "j"

Why use the vista bootloader when Chameleon can boot both OS's?

but i can t mount the partition:

i use xfdisk extended from ubcd(ultimate boot cd) and if i use the option to show the partition it hidde another and when i tried to show the new hidden partition it purpose only to delete or format

i can t format the fat32 because i ve data on it

how can i show this partition without erasing another

So you can't mount the FAT partition from either OS X or Vista? then it must be damaged.

Have you tried plugging the HDD in to another machine to see if you can copy the data?

hello ! How i can rename volumes in chameleon pref panel????

Hi spec3

Add something like this:

hd(0,4) Snow Leopard; hd(1,4) "Windows 7"

Hi jlvaio

Why use the vista bootloader when Chameleon can boot both OS's?

@before the accident i have chameleon first and after vista and vista return to chameleon if i choose osx

@blackosx

i did it before it 's because it was nice because if i format osx chameleon gone and i i don t reboot vista by default

So you can't mount the FAT partition from either OS X or Vista?

@i can mount it with ultimate boot cd but this hide another partition

then it must be damaged.

Have you tried plugging the HDD in to another machine to see if you can copy the data?

@

i m using a laptop the hdd are 2x250go in raid retail to cook 500go

i ' ven t try to copy the data

before the accident i have chameleon first and after vista and vista return to chameleon if i choose osx

i did it before it 's because it was nice because if i format osx chameleon gone and i i don t reboot vista by default

I think I understand you, in that you wanted to keep the Vista bootloader so if you removed the OS X installation, Chameleon would be gone?

i can mount it with ultimate boot cd but this hide another partition

When using your ultimate boot CD, does that allow you to mount the FAT partition in DOS or in Windows? and if you can mount the FAT partition, then can you burn the contents to DVD? or copy the contents to a USB memory stick?