Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Am I blind?

It says "Installer based on Chameleon 2 RC5 rev. 753 (Trunk 753)" in the Opening Post, but I cant find the download anywhere.

Also are there Problems with C2Quad Processors in this release?

Thanks for the efforts. :D

:wacko:

The revision 753 of the Trunk code is EXACTLY the same as rev.747

the Trunk 753 fix some warning message visible during compile process (NASM assembler code warnings)

So feel free to use the 747

(We talking about Trunk code)

Fabio

Hi, i've a problem with this hardware:

ga-p67a-ud4-b3

i7 2600k

if i use anvalv bootloader (rev709) with nullcpu... i get 14k score in geekbench...

if i use anvalv bootloader (dsdt+appleintel) without nullcpu... i get only 6k score in geekbench....

if i use chamaleon rev752 with nullcpu or without it, i get audio and screen lag, but i get 33k score in geekbench...

i've also tried to change smbios (imac11,3, macpro3,1...with macpro5,1 i get kp)

how can i solve?

Thx and sorry for my english :(

Please check also your time - if it runs to fast / slow than also all bench measurements are wrong, because timed by wrong timings.

Means: geekbench diff in real are not diff

Fabio, We (post 952, 955 and 956) have that report about r755diffV7 (your binaries) working so fine! But is the only revision (and/or trunk) of C2RC5 with no problem for us. So, We will have any chance in next releases? Sorry please, my bad english.

Hola juanerson...

Esa fue una prueba que hice,

No creo que lo voy a tomar de nuevo.

lo que puede hacer es encontrar qué parte del código, es mejor para la placa base.

y el código a comparar es el del trunk 755

suerte!

Fabio

Add Binaries from Trunk 800.

@Chameleon developer

Still 2 compile warnings...

../../libsaio/saio_types.h:95: warning: ‘packed’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘struct drive_params’

../../libsaio/saio_types.h:112: warning: ‘packed’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘struct drive_dpte’

Fabio

The graphics enabler does not work on my x1900 card with revision 788.

I think it's probably the ATI enabler code merged from Kabyls branch. I don't know if support for these cards was dropped intentionally or not. The last build that works is revision 760.

The boot stops at

ATI Card non-POSTed, reading VBIOS from PCI ROM @0xsomenumber

The graphics enabler does not work on my x1900 card with revision 788.

I think it's probably the ATI enabler code merged from Kabyls branch. I don't know if support for these cards was dropped intentionally or not.

yep, new graphics enabler doesn't support ATI "legacy" cards. Not a big problem now that we have "modules support"; the module that Meklort created from the old code works fine, i'm using it right now so it's just a matter of time adding it to the trunk (i think). Checking this stuff... a bit of patience mate ;)

Also, maybe Kabyl is also checking this!?.. he's aware of the problem.

yep, new graphics enabler doesn't support ATI "legacy" cards. Not a big problem now that we have "modules support"; the module that Meklort created from the old code works fine, i'm using it right now so it's just a matter of time adding it to the trunk (i think). Checking this stuff... a bit of patience mate ;)

Also, maybe Kabyl is also checking this!?.. he's aware of the problem.

This is one reason for hesitating to merge the code.

I have no plans to support older cards, patches are welcome though.

I have no plans to support older cards, patches are welcome though.

Hi Kabyl... i understand that.. life goes on :lol: .

Well, i don't know what are the plans for modules but as i mentioned, the module Meklort created from the old code works fine, even when compiled

with XCode 4 (unlike others) so, i guess we can add it to the trunk if we create a module with the new code!? and people can use the module that

best suits their needs. As long as they share the same hooks, i don't see any problems.

Anyway, i'm cleaning/merging my working folders so i can check what's going on and feedback to you guys.

I wasn't planning on converting any existing code in chameleons trunk to modules (at least, if I do, it won't be much). The graphics enabler module in my branch is currently compatible with trunk, so I don't see any reason that you can't compile it and use it with trunk to get the old versions functionality.

meklort, Kabyl, Andy, AnVal, Slice, and all others working on the Chameleon code, guys i love what you're doing and appreciate your time spent on developing and extending the Chameleon! Great job, as always :thumbsup_anim:

Just one recommendation: Please, Please, update the BootHelp.txt with the latest boot options related to the modules :) I know the programmers don't like to document their code :P as the designers hate to explain their works :D

Please, Please, update the BootHelp.txt with the latest boot options related to the modules

+1

In the meantime, almost all the boot flags and configuration settings can be found in here:

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleo...86/boot2/boot.h

Here for the module system, didn't check to see if there's more stuff in there:

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleo...86/boot2/boot.h

Just one recommendation: Please, Please, update the BootHelp.txt with the latest boot options related to the modules :) I know the programmers don't like to document their code :P as the designers hate to explain their works :(

There are no boot flags as far as the module system goes.

I do, however, need to add some more documentation on how to use it / how to create modules. (EDIT: I've added an initial version of a document to svn. Let me know if you have any questions)

Added binaries from Trunk 807

@ Chameleon developer

compile warning

../../libsaio/saio_types.h:95: warning: ‘packed’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘struct drive_params’

../../libsaio/saio_types.h:112: warning: ‘packed’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘struct drive_dpte’

Fabio

Gringo Vermelho & meklort thank you guys :wacko: will check them later

@meklort, sure i'll have questions and will ask here. Thank you. I'm keen on newer Chameleon versions and would like to have it working on my system.

is there a chance to get some Nvidia Cards working ?

GTS 450 is listet but i´ve got allways patching error 555555 or:

nVidia GeForce GTS 450 1024MB NVc3 [10de:0dc4] :: PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Bad Display Configuration Block signature (UPUQUU?)

ERROR: nVidia ROM Patching Failed!

or could i fix it with a new rom ?

The graphics enabler module in my branch is currently compatible with trunk, so I don't see any reason that you can't compile it and use it with trunk to get the old versions functionality.

Done :P check my branch, Cleancut folder. Still work in progress but at least GraphicsEnablerLegacy works for me; need testers for the other.

I wasn't planning on converting any existing code in chameleons trunk to modules (at least, if I do, it won't be much).

yeah, i know; you've done plenty already!! Will help in what can.

Need to feedback to you about your branch & modules; will pm you later or catch you on irc

-----//-----

Ok crowd tongue.gif testers are need for GraphicsEnabler module (new ATI code); i don't have card to test it...

See #657.

Edited by Azimutz

Ok crowd :P testers are need for GraphicsEnabler module (new ATI code); i don't have card to test it.

Unpack attached archive; grab the needed module and place under /Extra/modules folder; update "boot" file (mandatory);

update boot0/boot0hfs and boot1 if older than r753 (recommended) and feedback here or here.

These files are just for test purposes; i will remove them later so please don't link them directly!!

Link the post if you want to spread the word.

What boot file is that ? I take it is for non-Sandy Bridge builds ? Once we've installed the module, will it activate itself automatically ? Do we still need GE=Yes in boot.plist ? What about AtiConfig definitions ? Mines in ATI.c already so should autoload but I don't quite understand the Chameleon module system as I've not used one before. I can go do some reading if need be !