Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

advanced

i have back up my data

now i can boot after doing cmd prompt :)

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

bootrec /rebuildbcd or somekind) into vista but seems to start slowly

when i was in vista recovery dvd i use repair startup but it saysz there s no os installed but the recovery console show the good system and when i try to use the other repair tool they don t launch

but i can boot into vista with my user files active

now problem is i can boot vista in doing diskparts etc... but when osx partition is active i can t boot vista si i ve installed a chameleon rc5 version and no more vista boot just bootloader sayd error oxoooo...don t mind the exact number and nothing

i ve tried with easybcd 2.0 to change the boot state in reseting many times but not much result:

Windows Boot Manager

--------------------

identifier {9dea862c-5cdd-4e70-acc1-f32b344d4795}

device boot

description Windows Boot Manager

locale en-US

inherit {7ea2e1ac-2e61-4728-aaa3-896d9d0a9f0e}

default {01359663-1699-11e0-82c6-001a8028bd99}

resumeobject {1f8184a2-14de-11df-9734-f08c6d8c50b0}

displayorder {01359663-1699-11e0-82c6-001a8028bd99}

toolsdisplayorder {b2721d73-1db4-4c62-bf78-c548a880142d}

timeout 10

Windows Boot Loader

-------------------

identifier {01359663-1699-11e0-82c6-001a8028bd99}

device partition=C:

path \Windows\system32\winload.exe

description Microsoft Windows vista

locale en-US

osdevice partition=C:

systemroot \Windows

i suppose the identifier of boot manager is bad or something else?

how can i know boot vista from chameleon?

how can i restore my bootmgr?

how can i restore my c:/ to be recognize by recovery console for example to format disk or reinstall if needed

i will try with another chameleon install to see if it change the old vista boot entry that don t work

thank for help

advanced

i have back up my data

../snip/..

but i can boot into vista with my user files active

Great. Well done

but when osx partition is active i can t boot vista si i ve installed a chameleon rc5 version and no more vista boot just bootloader sayd error oxoooo...don t mind the exact number and nothing

When having Windows Vista / 7 and OSX on the same HDD and using Chameleon as the bootloader the recommended method is:

1) Boot from the Windows DVD, choose the repair option to install the Windows bootloader - which will write the Windows disk signature to the MBR of the HDD and I think flag the Windows partition active.

2) Boot in to OS X from a boot CD or a bootable USB stick that you know works for your system.

3) Write Chameleon's boot0hfs to the first440 bytes to the hard drive's MBR, boot1 to the partition boot sector where you want Chameleon installed and finally write boot to the root of the partition where you want Chameleon to be installed.

4) Leave Windows as the active partition.

5) Add your /Extra folder and the required contents for your OS X system to the root of the partition where you have installed Chameleon.

Steps 3 and 4 are done by iFabio's installer here.

i suppose the identifier of boot manager is bad or something else?

how can i restore my bootmgr?

how can i restore my c:/ to be recognize by recovery console for example to format disk or reinstall if needed

If you've backed up your data then why not just re-install Windows?

And if you want to use Chameleon then forget about using EasyBCD. Only use one..

Great. Well done

When having Windows Vista / 7 and OSX on the same HDD and using Chameleon as the bootloader the recommended method is:

1) Boot from the Windows DVD, choose the repair option to install the Windows bootloader - which will write the Windows disk signature to the MBR of the HDD and I think flag the Windows partition active.

2) Boot in to OS X from a boot CD or a bootable USB stick that you know works for your system.

3) Write Chameleon's boot0hfs to the first440 bytes to the hard drive's MBR, boot1 to the partition boot sector where you want Chameleon installed and finally write boot to the root of the partition where you want Chameleon to be installed.

4) Leave Windows as the active partition.

5) Add your /Extra folder and the required contents for your OS X system to the root of the partition where you have installed Chameleon.

Steps 3 and 4 are done by iFabio's installer here.

If you've backed up your data then why not just re-install Windows?

And if you want to use Chameleon then forget about using EasyBCD. Only use one..

ok but i post the bcd log before because i think i have some kind of vvid or path error with c:: or vista bootloader

and not sure and don t really know how i can fix that or verify and that cause i can t verify disk error on vista it ask me to restart for and did not

the consequence are:

repair start up launch but fails it say s there s no os install

when i launch restaure system or computer it fails with a window "copy failed" same forvaio recovery

i can boot vista from vista partition active

but if i activate osx partition

the vista boot appears after chameleon but won t boot osx so i must reactivate partition c:/ and vista reloaded from vistaboot

i think there' s problem because i successively use easydcd v 1.6 1.7 2.02

and they used boot .efi boot.ini and bootmgr files ..

do i delete them

i ve deplace a bad boot.efi but do i have to delete it to reinstall easy bcd

i think i need

cmd to know and correct the good config for c:/ vvid:

"inherit {7ea2e1ac-2e61-4728-aaa3-896d9d0a9f0e}"

i need help for restore the correct config of c:/ because i think there an error and that error must be repair beforeapplying anything

but don t know the method

i

Hi Fabio,

With the "previous" installer, it was possible to install chameleon on another disk than the boot disk. With the last "experimental" revision, it is nor possible.

I used these capabilities because when I crash my system, I used to boot from an USB stick to after reload the Chameleon files on my Netbook boot disk.

So, if you can enable it again, you're welcome ;).

Thanks for your hard work.

HI, I have installed the rc5 on my AMD system, but the sysyem reboot immediately after start . with the -f flag seems that chameleon doesn't load the dsdt file because it doesn't appears on the screen and then appears the "pci0 value=0". Adding the nullcpupowermanagement kext and adding flag busratio=13 I can see something more like "netkas present fakesmc" and then STOP. It means that the boot has started (i believe..) but something is wrong. anyone nows why?

So where's the link for 698?

Soon...

Anyway the Trunk 698 not exist!.

The major number(revision) is only the last number relate to the commit,

And about the trunk... last change into the code is for the revision 668 until now...

So when I "update" any pkg or dmg some time there is not change into the code of the bootloader... the only things that will be changed is the "number" of revision.... that number is taked from last "commit",

You maybe see a different "number" but belive me is always the same "bootloader/code",

I always compile and post the code from "trunk" "branch" :) ...

Fabio

Trunk 699 is out.

Add Experimental dmg with 699 trunk code

The slim package inside the dmg is build (this time with Pakagemaker)...

Before use it take care at your backup!

Fabio

I keep getting this error message after installing and restarting from rev 656

Header read size 200

Incorrect image signature

Does anybody know how I can fix this and get back in to SL?

Thank you for your time

All the best

NSCXP2005

It would be nice to have a note for each change so we know what it does so that we don't have to search for it in the trunk.

???

Try to read the bottom of the first post...

I "path" it from Trunk rev 405 ;)

Fabio

You can only boot the retail install DVD from a Chameleon boot CD, via old skool swap-trick á lá Playstation.

Here's how to make your own Chameleon boot CD: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/...31.html#msg2131

If you want to boot and install retail from a flash drive, install Chameleon to the flash drive like you normally would, then use apple Disk Utility to 'restore' (just follow the prompts, it's really simple) the install DVD to a partition on a hard drive - or, if the flash drive is large enough (9GB or more) - to the flash drive itself. Voila, portable Hackintosh retail install flash drive.

It is much faster to install retail this way. Of course you need a working Hackintosh to prepare it - or you can hook up an external HDD (or your flash drive) to a real Mac (be very very careful that you don't accidentally install Chameleon to the Mac's hard drive!) and do it from there, then install the drive in your PC.

Awesome work Fabio! Just updated to RC5 Rev700, and using the latest boot file from Kabyl, everything works the way it should. No problems at all using the installer (I used to do it manual because the installers were poo!). The only thing I noticed was that in SP, under PCI cards, it lists nothing, where as before it would list my Radeon 5770 (and FB) correctly. I am not sure if this is due to the latest trunk, or perhaps something in Kabyl's boot file. No biggie, however for us Vanilla freaks, not having that listed is annoying; I do not know what FB my card is using. :)

The word on the street is that "Windows will not hibernate if the partition it's installed on is not marked active."

But this is not completely true because when you install Windows 7 to an unformatted drive, the installer creates a partition named 'System Reserved' and that is actually the active partition.

Make of it what you will, and then chew on this:

I have Windows 7 installed on one hard drive and Snow Leopard + Chameleon on another.

If I boot Windows 7 using Chameleon it will not hibernate - even with the hard drive Windows 7 is installed on set as primary boot device in the BIOS.

When I boot Windows 7 normally, from its own drive, with its own bootloader, hibernation works fine.

The word on the street is that "Windows will not hibernate if the partition it's installed on is not marked active."

But this is not completely true because when you install Windows 7 to an unformatted drive, the installer creates a partition named 'System Reserved' and that is actually the active partition.

Make of it what you will, and then chew on this:

I have Windows 7 installed on one hard drive and Snow Leopard + Chameleon on another.

If I boot Windows 7 using Chameleon it will not hibernate - even with the hard drive Windows 7 is installed on set as primary boot device in the BIOS.

When I boot Windows 7 normally, from its own drive, with its own bootloader, hibernation works fine.

This is the same for me as well. Only use Windows for games so I never need to hibernate/sleep, but I had to try this for myself. I will confirm, for my system at least, hibernate does not work, it just goes to the user select login. On the plus side the system does not hang. :wacko:

Finally I have solved the problem!

For all the people that have the same problem:

- make windows partition active;

- boot mac with supergrub, boot disk or what you prefear;

- install last chameleon choosing boot0hfs on ad hoc menu;

Now I'm able to sleep/hibernate windows and boot mac.