Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

I keep getting this error message after installing and restarting from rev 656

Header read size 200

Incorrect image signature

Does anybody know how I can fix this and get back in to SL?

Thank you for your time

All the best

NSCXP2005

I've got exactly the same error with R699 :)

no need to worry guys, chameleon FINAL has already been released by brazilian :censored: team HMBT
tfrbgveii.gif
post-557433-1296409637_thumb.png
post-557433-1296409669_thumb.png
it's fabio's installer with a modified background and included kernell Legacy

User andrehtm has some strange quirks

boryscasoy.jpg
:wacko:

HMBT FAIL !!! Edited by Allan
Bad words.

Hi iReset

After install Chameleon RC2 "Build 669" The file "boot" are visible in the Mac OS X Volume, you maybe can add line in postinstall script "sudo chflags hidden /boot" to hidden this file.

thx Maldon for trick :-)

Thx iReset

Hi iReset

After install Chameleon RC2 "Build 669" The file "boot" are visible in the Mac OS X Volume, you maybe can add line in postinstall script "sudo chflags hidden /boot" to hidden this file.

thx Maldon for trick :-)

Thx iReset

Is better during the process... and not on the post install script...

Anyway we can add this line of code into each of two perl script (boot0&boot0hfs):

system ("chflags hidden ".$volume."/boot");

I add it into the next "revision"

Fabio

I add a new revision 747 (is the 699 trunk code) so no change into the 699-->747 Trunk's code.

The new is into the background for the DMG.... I hope like you same as like for me... :D

IS A TRIBUTE FOR InsanelyMac & VoodooLabs

of course updated the installer with the hidden boot file.

Fabio

Is better during the process... and not on the post install script...

Anyway we can add this line of code into each of two perl script (boot0&boot0hfs):

system ("chflags hidden ".$volume."/boot");

I add it into the next "revision"

Fabio

you could also create the folder structure Extra.

:rolleyes:

you could also create the folder structure Extra hidden.

hmmm... this is not a good idea...

a lot of people need to "manipulate" his Extra folder from FINDER...

And the think is...

Q.Why a user need an Installer?

A.In a lot of case to automate the "noob" purpose, and skip the complexity of terminal command...

Anyway if you wont is possible add also this line into the script...

system ("chflags hidden ".$volume."/Extra");

But as I say before... not will include...

Thank's for the suggestion

Fabio

And the think is...

Q.Why a user need an Installer?

A.In a lot of case to automate the "noob" purpose, and skip the complexity of terminal command...

Anyway if you wont is possible add also this line into the script...

system ("chflags hidden ".$volume."/Extra");

But as I say before... not will include...

Thank's for the suggestion

Fabio

Thanks for reply Fabio

I think not me expressed it right. ;-)

But, I mean That might the installer create the Extra Folder structure empty.

Extra | Extensions | Themes

Really not hidden, we need manipulate you have reason.

Sorry if I'm talking {censored} !

;)

you can do a simple "open /Extra" from shell to open a folder even a hidden one. If you put this info into the readme the /Extra folder could be installed hidden.

Yes... What about Lion :(?

I tried with mac bios and mac bios chameleon version... But it keep restarting without loading..

I saw on demonoid a guy who was saying like "it supports only 64 bit cpus, thanks god i have an hackintosh"...

Idk what he could mean, but maybe we could get this to work without much problems... I also dont understand why isnt anyone talking about this here...

Yes... What about Lion ;) ?

I tried with mac bios and mac bios chameleon version... But it keep restarting without loading..

I saw on demonoid a guy who was saying like "it supports only 64 bit cpus, thanks god i have an hackintosh"...

Idk what he could mean, but maybe we could get this to work without much problems... I also dont understand why isnt anyone talking about this here...

Probably because the OS X Lion is not even out yet, only its first Beta just became available to developers. Snow Leopard wasn't "hackintoshed" until way into its official public release.

Yes... What about Lion :P?

Read This:

Why Chameleon Bootloader Can’t Handle Mac OS X Lion?

See this, it seems like guys over netkas.org has lion running on hackintoshes xD...

http://netkas.org/?p=640

And... Snow Leopard was hacked to boot way before his official release, tought it had to be installed with a real mac... but i wasnt in hackintosh scene yet, so I don't know... i just read it.

Edit: I found some guides and some notices about how to make Lion work on an hackintosh.

It uses a bootloader called XPC.. And it is confirmed working.

See this, it seems like guys over netkas.org has lion running on hackintoshes xD...

http://netkas.org/?p=640

And... Snow Leopard was hacked to boot way before his official release, tought it had to be installed with a real mac... but i wasnt in hackintosh scene yet, so I don't know... i just read it.

Edit: I found some guides and some notices about how to make Lion work on an hackintosh.

It uses a bootloader called XPC.. And it is confirmed working.

I will confirm this, and have things up and running 98%. However, PLEASE NO TALK ABOUT INSTALLING 10.7.0 LION USING ANY METHOD PLEASE!!!!! 10.7.0 is a developer's release, one you have to sign up and pay for. ANY illegal downloading of this release, and ANY talk about how to install on non-Apple computers seriously puts the community, this forum included, at serious risk. When the developer's release of Snow Leopard came out and people were talking about how to install on non-Macs got several forums, including InsanelyMac, shut down for a few days with threats of legal action from Apple's mightier than Mr. Burn's legal team! Please be patient. :(

BTW Chameleon is still the greatest bootloader that ever was, and ever will be. Kudos to everyone working hard on the ongoing project. After trying out "the other guys" over the past week really makes me appriciate the quality and easy of use Chameleon offers, and why it's development is still going strong! :P