10.5.7 Released

425 posts in this topic

well, update went fine, mach works save for a few smallt hings, i tried to reinstall my voodoo kernel and the machine wont boot with it at all, goes to a black screen right aftter the bootloader, once i got that fixed and back to the vanilla kernel my restart wont work anymore, it acts like its gonna reboot and kills everything and just goes to a black screen and needs to be shut off and turned back on

I had no trouble updating from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7. I used the standalone 422 mb update. BAcked up all my extensions first. Installed normally on my gigabyte ud3p. Vanilla kernel 9.7 works. Sound was gone on first boot of 10.5.7. Reinstalled my 10.5.6 AppleHDA.kext and sound was back!

Update from iDeneb 10.5.6 -->

Vanilla Kernel WORK!

Kexts I remove: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, Dont Steal MacOS X.kext

Kexts I put back: none!

I put back powermanagement.bundle from 10.5.3 (battery management).

All WORK!

Laptop Positivo v45 (Brazil)

post-326910-1242323195_thumb.png

I had the same problem a while back, and this fixed it for me. Go into "system preferences", and then go into the "energy saver" screen. Make sure "Restart automatically after a power failure" is checked. That should fix the problem for you.

I had this option already set and the system still will only manually sleep. Anything else to check?

iDeneb v.10.5.6

can i update to 10.5.7 without risk? is it possible? or i got problems after install it?

Yeah but you have to remove the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and modify the installer script to use dsmos.kext.

Installed update on both systems.

Update on real Mac - Easy as Pie - slot reporting issue even fixed (now lists slots as PCIe 2.0 correctly)

Framerates on ATI R 4870 up about 5-10% (hard to say for sure, WoW is my only real world gauge, and it can be real dependent on user activity, but I usually pay at the same time of day everyday - read -off-peak- )

Update on Hack - Not quite as easy, install went fine, system still listed a MacPro3,1, I do see the one MacPro specific kext complain, though in 5 reboots, no Kernel Panics. Had to patch AppleHDA to get my audio working again, no biggie. And a quick run of WoW on this machine also seems to feel faster - but not as much of an improvement then it was on the Mac Pro. Alas, I am decommissioning my Hack - thanks to the great group of folk here, you've made another happy Apple customer.

How do I modify installer script?

sudo nano /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1

Entered in the Terminal application then find this line.

/System/Library/Extensions/Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext

Edit to contain.

/System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kext

I wrecked my system again. Garbled display after first boot with black menu bar and no dock. Safe mode doesn't help. I used the delta updater on a retail 10.5.6!

Apparently some real Macs are having the same problem too. Way to mess up Apple. ;)

Any GMA950 or GMAx3100 users with similar problems?

Hi guys!

I'm running an iPc 10.5.6 PPF5 Final. The whole update onto 10.5.7 went smoothly. Though, 2 things needed fixing.

1. AppleHDA (Sound) - installed the appropriate .kext (ALC662) for that; fixed that problem.

2. The System profiler and About This Mac just won't show the correct hardware.

In the prior installation of 10.5.6 I've chosen the hardcoded AppleSMBIOS 27 Rev 3 667MHz. It worked perfectly.

Now it's screwed up. I'm not confident to install one without consulting :( it with someone first. I don't want to go over the troubles of having a SMBIOS and not being able to run all the apps properly and furthermore a incorrect system profile or About This Mac Info don't make an Apple fan happy,right?

Can anybody point me to the right direction? Please? :rolleyes:

I'm attaching my current stat in About This Mac.

They should be: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SD Ram

Thanks a bunch...

AboutThisMac.tiff

Upgrading from iDeneb 1.4 to 10.5.7 had the usual issue with my HD audio. However, my monitor will now only go to 1920x1080 (using NVdarwin on my 9600GT) - out of the box 1.4 would show 1920x1200. (as in there is no 1920x1200 option, not 'it fails) - any thoughts?

Upgrading from iDeneb 1.4 to 10.5.7 had the usual issue with my HD audio. However, my monitor will now only go to 1920x1080 (using NVdarwin on my 9600GT) - out of the box 1.4 would show 1920x1200. (as in there is no 1920x1200 option, not 'it fails) - any thoughts?

try SwithResX over here. It is should work as they say. http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/8355

guys,

how did u got sound working ? i try with legacy 883 drivers with 10.5.7 kext and won't work...nothing

next i restored with TimeMachine AppleHDA from 10.5.6 with same kext that works on it but with 10.5.7 system same problem shows up like before with .7 kext ... i rebuild cache and stuff like that ...

no way to get 883 working ;)

HELP me smart guys what is wrong ? ? ?

guys,

how did u got sound working ? i try with legacy 883 drivers with 10.5.7 kext and won't work...nothing

next i restored with TimeMachine AppleHDA from 10.5.6 with same kext that works on it but with 10.5.7 system same problem shows up like before with .7 kext ... i rebuild cache and stuff like that ...

no way to get 883 working ;)

HELP me smart guys what is wrong ? ? ?

Did you use an Kext installer ?

Fixed my system.

GMA950 users, beware of the new AppleIntelGMA950.kext

If you get garbled display on boot, remove it in single user mode and reinstall the old one.

Update went fine for me, except that I got a KP on first boot, but then rebooted with -f and it works fine now ;)

Oh and I had to replace AppleHDA.kext with the previous one...

I just still can't get my system to wake up from damn sleep.

Update went fine for me, except that I got a KP on first boot, but then rebooted with -f and it works fine now :)

Oh and I had to replace AppleHDA.kext with the previous one...

I just still can't get my system to wake up from damn sleep.

Same here dude.............

Except mine wakes from sleep all screwed up.

Takes about 5 minutes for it to wake up after the monitor glitches and then the mouse movement is all glitchy

Mine was retail boot 132.............

All went well here.

Had to reinstall patched AppleHDA, IOAHCIFamily and ATI drivers for Radeon 3650 HD.

Could you explain where you got the files from and how you did it? I need the same files but I think I installed the wrong kext for the Radeon 3650 and now I get stuck at blue screen even in safe mode. So I need to fix this from Terminal correct? Anyone that could point me in the direction of some info to fix this would be appreciated. Thanks

getting this now..I've tried to replace applehda, delete powermanagement, replace jmicron, repair perms, still nothing

dscn8164y.jpg

I had something similar to, I mean the last lines talking about Jmicron and Firewire making problems. I just booted with - x (safe mode) and then it worked for some reason. I have a ga ep45-ds3 mobo though with the q6600 cpu and two noname 7300gs 512mb pcie videocards and run retail leo. Updated to 10.5.7 using LTLs method.

Edit: forgot to say I use the latest chameleon.