10.5.7 Released

425 posts in this topic

Updated straight from 10.5.5 Vanilla :

- backed up kexts and used netkas script for removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementDisabler.kext and replaced line in InstallAtStartup file with the dsmos.kext line

- patched installation with 10.5.7 patcher (Apple Yukon NIC Support was gone and got some errors on USBEHCI and JMicron kext)

- patched AppleHDA

- not using DSDT

only thing that is wrong is that it cannot identify my cpu (Q9450), any suggestions anyone ? :)

Maxi

Installing an older kernel with a new release caused me USB problems every time, maybe it's better to wait for the new XNU kernel before upgrading if one needs a modified one.

I had AppleDecrypt and Disabler in /Extra with Chameleon , no need to apply the old tricks, just a straight installation from software update.

Worked fine for my but it broke my kexts for my Audio & Video (an ATI 2400HD PCIe & the STAC9271D onboard audio of my Intel DG965OT) but a simple addition of the Video cards ID# to the ATIRaedon2000.kext and my archived AppleHDAudio.kext fixed it. Interestingly enough the update fixed my shutdown issue with my motherboard, which previously with all flavors of OSx86 from 10.5.1 on would cause my machine to reboot instead of shut down. Now she suts down and stays down! Way to go Apple!

I used the combo update on my Core2duo. It crashed with the "restart your computer message" at the end of the installation. I expected the worse but I hoped for the best. I simply restarted my computer and I was able to boot it.

Now, I'm retrying it with netkas's method, you need to use this script while the installation is in progress:

while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext ; done

Edit: after a reinstall using netkas's script, it's working flawlessly, I just need to reinstall audio because right now the system is trying to play audio through my bluetooth connexion. :whistle:

my mobo is Asus p5w dh deluxe - and i have same problem

replace original AppleSMBIOS.kext (/system/library/extensions) - and it's work fine

if you have AppleSMBIOS.kext in Extra folder - you need delete from this folder

AppleSMBIOS.kext.zip

Thanks, but it's a no go. The attached file is the same one I have on my Time Machine.

As of now there's no info for Hardware and Memory.

If I replace the AppleSMBIOS then the correct Memory shows up, but Hardware is still blank.

Everything else works fine, the only problem I might have is updating because I think apple use this info to download update(s). I'll appreciate some help please.

The upside, at the moment, is the updater has stop nagging about updating the ATI driver for the MacPro.

m1530 + iDeneb 10.5.6

Updated according to tutorial with decrypt and a disabler. Had to re-install AppleHDA and bcm4312 wireless driver. Only problem is sleep. Computer tries to go to sleep but gets stuck in some sort of a loop. I redid what the VoodooUSBECHI readme directs to do, which didn't help. Reinstalled ClamShellDisplay.kext but still broken. Any ideas what to try next?

PS

System profiler still doesnt work even with the above attached file.

Using a Dell E1705, went from 10.5.6 with little problem, replaced AppleHDA, removed IntelCPUManagement, etc. The big thing is I get dual core stutter (Core 2 Duo) so I have to use it with cpus=1. If I try to install the Voodoo kernel it gets stuck in my Chameleon boot screen. Attempting to boot with -v gives me a black screen.

That said, if I boot to my Kalyway CD and don't hit any keys, it boots fine. I'm new to this whole OSX86 thing so any help either troubleshooting the Voodoo kernel, or fixing the dual core stutter bug would be greatly appreciated.

Everything works for me except System Profiler: There was an error while gathering this information.. About this mac displays the right information. I also get a kext error SMbios....

How do you apply the system profile patch? It shows up as a folder when I unzip it. Shouldnt it be a kext file?

Everything works for me except System Profiler: There was an error while gathering this information.. About this mac displays the right information. I also get a kext error SMbios....

How do you apply the system profile patch? It shows up as a folder when I unzip it. Shouldnt it be a kext file?

Try this system profiler. Just delete the one you have in /system/library/, then replace with this one and lol yeah it should be a folder :)

You only need SPPlatformReporter.spreporter from that package, just put it in the /S/L/SystemProfiler folder and it should work fine.

Also, problem free update for me. Compaqintosh Presario V6105NR with iAtkos 10.5.5 with straight 10.5.6 update, and only upgrade was to 2GB RAM.

10.5.7 install success with XxX 10.5.6 v2 final universal (NVInject 512) had to reinstall sound as others suggested but after install my bluetooth stopped working; any idea on how to fix it?

sorry posted in the wrong place

Update went without a hitch on my laptop aside from restoring my system.kext and sound drivers. My desktop, however, was a different story. Full vanilla install, everything booted just fine and works, but I've lost my on-board ethernet. No matter what I try I can't get it back. It's physically recognized, but it will not detect I have a cable connected. Works fine under dual booting, so the port is good as is the cable and all other aspects of the connection. I installed a pci nic as a temp fix.

Flawless on both rigs, one in sig. and second Acer Extensa261.

Onboard sound is gone and had to be reinstalled, everything else works as expected.

ps. Both updates via ASU

Updated to .7 with one minor issue: KP on reboot related to AppleHDA (using Legacy plist to load AppleHDA from Extra). Restored AppleHDA from 10.5.6 and all is fine.

System performance seems (not benchmarked) better after update.

Update went without a hitch on my laptop aside from restoring my system.kext and sound drivers. My desktop, however, was a different story. Full vanilla install, everything booted just fine and works, but I've lost my on-board ethernet. No matter what I try I can't get it back. It's physically recognized, but it will not detect I have a cable connected. Works fine under dual booting, so the port is good as is the cable and all other aspects of the connection. I installed a pci nic as a temp fix.

I saw a P5GC-MX vanilla install where the LAN did the same thing. It was there but said no cable connected. Finally found the fix to be to remove AppleHPET.kext.

I had installed XxX 10.5.6 without patch and then install my Mobo drivers according to this guide

Today I just UPDATED to 10.5.7 directly from interned without problems (10 min. process)

(I had only to add to ATIRadeonX2000.kext the string 94c3 and Audio drivers again) all the others LAN, sleep shutdown work perfect.

I just noticed new orange hard drive icons

4lfsch.png

Install this LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext (in 10.5.7 you only be needing that one) from here...

LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext.zip

(the other two for whom might need them...just in case)

LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext.zip

LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA.kext.zip

Seems to be working fine after a couple tries, reason it never worked before is cause the kernel got overwritten, so i just backed it up and used mach_kernel.backup for the boot argument, and everything worked fine, when i got in, i just restored the kernel :)

Alll went well with 10.5.7 update (delta) from ipc 10.5.6 vanilla, only had to reinstall audio (ALC888)

Even seems a bit faster than before :-)

Abit quadgt ix38

Core 2 Quad

8800gts 640mb

4gb crucial ballistix

Using XxX10.5.6 Final v.2 and updated without problem.

However, I had to reinstall sound and my screen resolution is now 1920x1050 instead of 1680x1050 and I don't know how to change it. I installed the nvidia series 9 driver, created a new EFI string, modified the com.apple.boot.list to no avail... Any idea where I could change something?