10.5.7 Released

425 posts in this topic

update no problems. 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 delta install from hd to second hd watch for appleintelcpumanagement.kext imediate delete. reboot -v -f -x. repair permissions, alc888.pkg for sound, reboot normal all happy.

cheers

BTW same process done on 2 hacs and also normal update on G5 imac

Hey guys,

Updated my iDeneb from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 pretty smoothly, the only things I'm having problems after the update are Adium and CandyBar - both are causing frequent kernel panics.

For instance: when adding an msn account to my Adium profile a kernel panic occurs, occasionally i have managed to get into the account, but when someone types to me i get another kernel panic.

I've tried zapping adium and upgrading to the latest beta, but that doesnt help, so it leads me to believe that there's a problem with an extension somewhere. I'll attach a screenshot of the panic, can anyone shed any light on the situation???

Something wrong with either one of the extensions listed or the new graphics drivers within 10.5.7 in general. Can try downloading the 10.5.6 combo update and using pacifist to install the 10.5.6 nvidia drivers, and / or the extensions listed.

Also check in the System Profiler to see if your Quartz Extreme is supported. If not, you may have to resintall nvinject / nvkush again.

Also would like to report success on Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L motherboard / MSI 8800GT OC graphics on iPC 10.5.6, upgraded manually with 10.5.7 combo. Booting of Chameleon 2.0 RC1 - everything working fully natively.

Upgrading from iDeneb 1.4 to 10.5.7 had the usual issue with my HD audio. However, my monitor will now only go to 1920x1080 (using NVdarwin on my 9600GT) - out of the box 1.4 would show 1920x1200. (as in there is no 1920x1200 option, not 'it fails) - any thoughts?

I have the same problem with my LCD 42" Optimum display was 1360x768 Everything else didn't fir right. I had to use DisplayConfigX to get the resolution and timing I needed to run my LCD.

Henry

Hey guys,

Updated my iDeneb from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 pretty smoothly, the only things I'm having problems after the update are Adium and CandyBar - both are causing frequent kernel panics.

For instance: when adding an msn account to my Adium profile a kernel panic occurs, occasionally i have managed to get into the account, but when someone types to me i get another kernel panic.

I've tried zapping adium and upgrading to the latest beta, but that doesnt help, so it leads me to believe that there's a problem with an extension somewhere. I'll attach a screenshot of the panic, can anyone shed any light on the situation???

I would Have to say Just by glancing at that its your Graphics Driver panicing

PS:sorry I gave same answer as above but I seen the post a knew that off the bat...didn't noticed till after I posted :blink:

Update went fine

*Originally installed a retail 10.5 install on my Gigabyte GA-EP-45-DS3P using BOOT132 Method

*Installed new Chameleon 2RC1

*Installed Netkas ATI 3870 Driver

*Upgraded to 10.5.6 combo using Netkas advise to "while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done"

*Re-installed Netkas Newer ATI 3870 Driver

*Then updated to 10.5.7 Combo again using Netkas advice to do "while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext ; done"

Im happily on 10.5.7

My Intel ICH10 is finally recognized, my ATI 3870 works with 10.5.7 drivers (no need to reinstall Netkas ATI3870 drivers) and even vanilla AppleSMBIOS recognizes my machine as a MacPro 2,1 without any hacking - sweet

All I added was legacy HDA for audio and legacy IOAHCIBlockStorage to get normal HD icons back

Good luck everyone

Updated a 10.5.6 iPC OSx86 build to 10.5.7 by Apple Software Update. Update downloaded and installed with 2 reboots.

I did not have to change or replace any kexts. On the first time to the desktop, the drive icons were orange but on reboot they changed to grey.

Two days working with it and the only difference I noticed is that computer won't sleep on it's own.

I did an upgrade from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 using software update for my Dell Latitude D430 laptop. It does break the video and require reinstallation of GMA950 driver. Sound as reported by other users requires restoration of the AppleHDA and ALCInject. Otherwise, encounter no problem.

hello everyone,

yesterday i tried to update my well working 10.5.5. iDeneb OS X to v.10.5.7. running Software Update and i got kernel panic...:(

Any solution to fix it? Or I have to reinstall the system?

hello everyone,

yesterday i tried to update my well working 10.5.5. iDeneb OS X to v.10.5.7. running Software Update and i got kernel panic...:(

Any solution to fix it? Or I have to reinstall the system?

reinstall kernel if you had voodoo...now is vanilla from direct software update with no prior backup of your previous kernel and i see you have amd cpu...

I lost USB after update. How can i fix that?! I try to use: IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext and IOUSBFamily.kext form 10.5.6 but it doesn't work. Thanks.

Delete AppleHPET.kext, but I dont want it like this. Is there any other solution?

rename or delete AppleHPET.kext

Is It OK to delete HPET? What we gonna loose with this kext?

I just software updated on my new mobo (GA-P35-S3G) and it's working a charm.

Initial thoughts of this is it does seem a little smoother (don't know how as the graphics are still using nvdarwin kexts).

Updated my 10.5.6 iPC OSx86 -> 10.5.7 with Software Update. It rebooted 2x, and everything works just fine, as good as on the x.5.6.

One thing though, had no output audio at first, but then checked the configuration, it had 2 output devices, I just had to select my HD audio and got sound again.

Software update from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 Successful . Everything is working on my HP Pavallion DV9000 Series Laptop.

HDA Sound , Nvdia Graphics, Shutdown, Sleep, USB Mouse done. Even the Trackpad is seen :D

Apple finally fixed the USB Mouse Issue which was there in 10.5.6 ;)

$tealth

I get it with 9 MB/s KabelBW (HongKong)

-Software update from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 Successful . Everything is working on my Asus P5Q ,

SoundBlaster , Nvdia Graphics 9800GTX , Shutdown, Sleep, USB Mouse done.

Everything is good , that's it

Update smoothly via Software update. Everything works, with no patching required.

Dfi 975X, q6600, 8gb ram, 2x hd 500sata, usb keyboard and mouse, BT, USB and card reader, onboard sound (alc882), onboard lan, wireless (linksys 54g pci), 3870 512M.

The system seems to be a lot faster than 10.5.6

Another succesful update via "softeware udate"...

Installed the system with necessary patches...installed the update, reinstalled the efi string for my videocard and finally installed LS8v17 pack.

Everything is just peachy and works perfectly fine.

Guys, Ive been searching for the fix "-f" boot for my hacintosh but seems I can't find it. At 10.5, I can boot without "-f" but after installed 10.5.7 update, I need to use this "-f" option or I will stuck at still waiting root device. Could any angels out there show me the fix?

Thanks guys :unsure:

...Apple finally fixed the USB Mouse Issue which was there in 10.5.6

No more 8600GT Quick Time mouse lags? You no longer need to delete/block AppleUpstreamUserClientDisabler.kext in disabler.kext?

p.s. (updated) My sleep/shutdown was busted with this upgrade, but I still had superhai's EHCISleepEnabler.kext in /s/l/e and thus all I had to do was to patch AppleUSBEHCI.kext's Info.plist inside IOUSBFamily.kext again.

I also had to re-patch AppleHDA.kext and AppleYukon2.kext inside IONetworkingFamily.kext (Yukon-88E8056 added to the new kext, this instead of using an older kext - without the additional SysKonnect server adapters)

Hey guys I'm very newb on this I installed Leopard 10.5.6 from IPC OSx86 10.5.6 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3 disc that I got from a friend. Now I see the 10.5.7 update but don't know if I'll have any trouble updating any advise will be appreciated!! Also how can I find which Kernel I have installed?

Cpu: Intel Core Duo 2.20

Mobo: EP35 DS3R

Ram: 6 Gb Kingston Hyper X 1066

Video: 8600GT Nvidia

Hey guys I'm very newb on this I installed Leopard 10.5.6 from IPC OSx86 10.5.6 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3 disc that I got from a friend. Now I see the 10.5.7 update but don't know if I'll have any trouble updating any advise will be appreciated!! Also how can I find which Kernel I have installed?

Tip: Read up (some of the earlier comments - you should be fine) and use 'man uname' in a terminal window to find uname -v to be your friend.