10.5.7 Released

425 posts in this topic

All working here as well. Installed from the combo package. Only issue present right now is the HDAEnabler.kext which seems to be incompatible with the new AppleHDA.kext. I had to remove AppleHDA.kext from the /S/L/E directory and install in there the files from N2_1.6.2a37_3outs2ins_digital_regular_headphone.zip which i got it from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941

Just finished updating my iPC installation via software update. Needed to reinstall AppleHDA, IONetworkingFamily (for my 88056 Marvel Yukon), AppleAHCI kexts.

Great increase in performance! Spotlight behavior has changed as well. Previously, I couldn't search while spotlight was indexing the drives - no such problem now, it shows the results at the top, while indexing continues on the bottom.

Also vastly improved video performance, no mouse or video lags or jerks under high load. I am loving it.

Here with Asus W7J laptop everything ok after 10.5.7 update BUT sound (re-applied VoodooHDA.kext) AND nVidia GeForce Go 7400 128 MB before working properly with NVkush (with CI/QE), now NVkush don't work anymore and stuck @1024x768 (no CI/QE of course) :)

Suggestions?

I've just updated a test partition to 10.5.7 and the net result is a kernel panic quite early in the boot sequence.

The culprit seems to be "AppleTyMCEDriver.kext", which crashes when probing for MacPro4,1 hardware.

It says:

AppleTyMCEDriver::probe(MacPro4,1)
AppleTyMCEDriver::start(MacPro4,1)

Hmm, now that it mentions it... I have set my Mac model to "MacPro4,1" in smbios.plist from Chameleon 2.0-RC1.

The solution is to simply define the model as "MacPro3,1" :-)

The kext "AppleTyMCEDriver.kext" is new in 10.5.7 and I believe it is only supposed to be loaded on Nehalem boards (MacPro4,1, Xserve3,1). There's a similar kext called "AppleMCEDriver.kext", which has been around ever since at least 10.5.0.

Does the "Ty" stand for "Thank you for buying one of our most expensive machines?" ;-)

Maybe that helps someone.

zhell

I did pair the voodoo kernel 9.5 with the 9.5 system.kext and seatbelt but that doesn't work for me.

Looked at the avd 9.6 kernel before but no clue what I need to do with those files, it still needs to be compiled or anything?

Hello, i'm french, i've a big problem,

I'm on a eeepc 1000H, with all work perfect in 10.5.6,

When i started the update, it rebooted after the installation and a Get a spinning whell who loop in on blue screen, 30mins later, tryed to reboot in verboose mode but the log says:

"Failed To Get ASN from coreservices", i've rebootes a tons of times,

I see in the log a problem with the Managedclient.app

I'm in dualboot with vista, chameleon 2 RC1, i cant do anything, i follow netkas instructions for update,

I've a thousand of hours for get a OSx86 working perfectly, please, help me

-----> {censored} <----- this blue screen and this spinning wheel, I Want my desktop

LOL

Darn! my bad i killed my Macosx doesnt boot after 10.5.7 update. IPC efi based install, weird even darwin went missing ehehehe.

Even my backup partition wouldnt boot, good thing i have a backup iso of my system. Trying again...

Hello, i'm french, i've a big problem,

I'm on a eeepc 1000H, with all work perfect in 10.5.6,

When i started the update, it rebooted after the installation and a Get a spinning whell who loop in on blue screen, 30mins later, tryed to reboot in verboose mode but the log says:

"Failed To Get ASN from coreservices", i've rebootes a tons of times,

I see in the log a problem with the Managedclient.app

I'm in dualboot with vista, chameleon 2 RC1, i cant do anything, i follow netkas instructions for update,

I've a thousand of hours for get a OSx86 working perfectly, please, help me

-----> {censored} <----- this blue screen and this spinning wheel, I Want my desktop

LOL

same here i used combo update and not booting it just shows apple logo and spins.. i think we have to einstall again

Ive a problem! I tried to install 10.5.7 from delta pkg on iDeneb 10.5.6. Installation went fine. Now I reboot and after the Darwin prompt msg I get the apple boot logo and then the computer restarts. WTF

I tried with -x at boot but same thing.

I tried -v and i prompts something but for just 1 sec and can't even read it and the computer restars again?

How can I go back????

BTW i've an Acer Aspire One.

I did, but to no avail. Can you give me yours that worked?

Right now I'm using:

System:

Versie: 9.5.0

Infotekst: System Resource Pseudoextension, Apple Computer Inc, 9.5.0

kext-versie: 9.5.0

seatbelt:

Versie: 107.12

kext-versie: 107.12

Laadadres: 0x79574000

These worked before on 10.5.5 and 10.5.6 just fine

you need the seatbelt version 107.10 from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1153254 both the 10.5 and 10.6 versions are there in zip format

Hi, I've updated from iPC 10.5.6 Vanilla Q6600+EP43 DS3L (alc888 + ICH10) and now when I boot normally it's says that I need to shut down my computer or restart, but safe boot working, any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks.

I've seen this, make sure you have execute disable bit enabled in your bios.

Ive a problem! I tried to install 10.5.7 from delta pkg on iDeneb 10.5.6. Installation went fine. Now I reboot and after the Darwin prompt msg I get the apple boot logo and then the computer restarts. WTF

I tried with -x at boot but same thing.

I tried -v and i prompts something but for just 1 sec and can't even read it and the computer restars again?

How can I go back????

BTW i've an Acer Aspire One.

Hi, I've updated from iPC 10.5.6 Vanilla Q6600+EP43 DS3L (alc888 + ICH10) and now when I boot normally it's says that I need to shut down my computer or restart, but safe boot working, any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks.

Silly me, I just tried boot with -v and EVERYTHING works as before.

The only thing I would like to fix is "about this mac" that says that my cpu is "4 Ghz Unknown" but it's an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GGhz.

Silly me, I just tried boot with -v and EVERYTHING works as before.

the only thing i would like to fix is "about this mac" that says that my cpu is "4 Ghz Unknown" but it's an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GGhz.

I have the same Problem, my Hack now also shows up as iMac 8.1 instead of previously MacPor 3.1. Also the serial number shows up as: SOMESRLNMBR

I'm having some problems with my installation, could somebody check on the pictures whats going on?

Thnx!

Well it sais "Contact AnV Software" ;)

Have you tried the original Voodoo?

Also I see: Mac9,1 and Mac Pro 2,1

I only had a KP on sound, might be a hint. Else: No idea.